DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2) Discussion - Part 3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/536151-dark-knight-batman-begins-2-discussion-part-3-a.html)

jiggawhat 07-23-08 01:37 AM

The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2) Discussion - Part 3

Part 1

Part 2

Last post

Dunno how it would, he hasn't really done anything. Assault is not battery, and considering how lax the officers were with it - it certainly wasn't severe.

My theory - He hasn't been home in a while (apparently the first time in a few years), doesn't call the mum or sis, they show up, they argue a bit, he grabs them by the arm and throws them out, they get even.

NiCK Crush 07-23-08 01:43 AM

What took so long!? ;)

jiggawhat 07-23-08 01:49 AM

For people who've seen it in both Imax and 35mm, what was it that Imax added for you? Did you feel more immersed? The extra clarity? what?

NiCK Crush 07-23-08 01:52 AM

I've seen it 3 times, all 3 times in IMAX. I plan on seeing it in 35mm next week though for comparison. I was impressed by the scenes shot in IMAX, definitely. I would love to see Nolan utilize this more on the 3rd film. I know he has fallen in love with the technology, so we'll see.

JTH182 07-23-08 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by jiggawhat
For people who've seen it in both Imax and 35mm, what was it that Imax added for you? Did you feel more immersed? The extra clarity? what?

Yes.

Oh, and the sound is much better too!

mdc3000 07-23-08 09:45 AM

The clarity, size and sound. The colours seemed to 'pop' more in IMAX, on 35mm some scenes felt flat in comparison. The difference really feels like night and day.

maingon 07-23-08 12:05 PM

"Sources directly connected to the Christian Bale case tell TMZ there was physical contact between Christian and his mom, but it amounted to next to nothing.

We're told Bale pushed his mom out of the way during the altercation. She was not hurt and did not fall down. There's a division of opinion on whether the contact was a "push" or a "brush."

It seems what was hurt most during the confrontation were feelings ... nothing more than feelings"

sounds like this is getting blow out of proportion

RichC2 07-23-08 12:14 PM

^ Think everybody knows that by now, from the sounds of it, he "shouldered" his way through his mom and sis (ie - they're blocking the door, he walked through them) type deal. Total ridiculousness.

fumanstan 07-23-08 12:16 PM

The Batmobile is in front of the Irvine Spectrum theater here in Irvine. Kinda cool.

Doc MacGyver 07-23-08 01:34 PM

That's pretty badass. Philly theaters only have hastily scribbled "Ha hA HA"'s scribbled all of the fucking place which = cute, but annoying.

-Doc

fumanstan 07-23-08 01:40 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RtLfKyTpnFk

There it is!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianmlau/2693182971/

Not my pics, but kinda cool. I should have went to go look.

RagingBull80 07-23-08 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
That's pretty badass. Philly theaters only have hastily scribbled "Ha hA HA"'s scribbled all of the fucking place which = cute, but annoying.
-Doc

Originally Posted by fumanstan
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RtLfKyTpnFk

There it is!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianmlau/2693182971/

Not my pics, but kinda cool. I should have went to go look.

I like living in Oklahoma but I hate that nobody here cares about anything cool like that. We never get anything cool.

Giantrobo 07-23-08 02:03 PM

I'll say it again, I'm gonna miss that Batmobile. I really hope Batman gets a new one that's similar.

Chip718 07-23-08 03:03 PM

Has anyone checked this out at the Cradle of Aviation IMAX in Long Island? The theater looks kinda small and was wondering if I should travel to a IMAX in the city or is the one in LI good enough. TIA for any info

Doc MacGyver 07-23-08 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I'll say it again, I'm gonna miss that Batmobile. I really hope Batman gets a new one that's similar.

Quoted for truth.

-Doc

NiCK Crush 07-23-08 03:16 PM

Oh he will... probably with a few cosmetic changes, but we'll see it again.

kefrank 07-23-08 03:27 PM

i grew to love the Tumbler, particularly in the Dark Knight, but if there is a third movie, i think i'd like to see a new variation of the Batmobile that retains some of the elements of the Tumbler, but is a little less "urban assault" and a little more sporty.

the opening is there for the Batmobile to evolve (along with the completed Batcave).

DthRdrX 07-23-08 03:40 PM

Yep, the third film will probably move towards a less tank like batmobile, and the return of the batcave.

reubs82 07-23-08 03:48 PM

I'll agree with folks about the Tumbler. At first I thought, "WTF is that, and why is that the concept for the Batmobile?" After seeing it action, though, it makes a helluva lot more sense than any of the other live-action Batmobiles, and that's including the sporty convertible found in the 60s version.

Staying on the bat-transportation theme, I don't think I expected the batpod to be an emergency-ejection accessory, and I really liked how they stuck with that for the rest of the film instead of having Bats find another Tumbler tucked away at Wayne Ent.

Giantrobo 07-23-08 03:50 PM

That's just it. I don't want them to go the less tank route. I've grown to LOVE the Tumbler. Now, I'd expected a few changes in a 3rd flick but going more sporty or slimming it down would suck IMHO.

redrum 07-23-08 03:52 PM

killin em.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime...?days=5&p=.htm

Doc MacGyver 07-23-08 03:58 PM

Agreed on the Tumbler, to a T. When the first publicity stills of it for Begins showed up, my response was definitely in the Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. territory.

Seeing that beast in action, though, it's become my favorite Batmobile.

I also LOVED (as I said in one of the 30 Dark Knight threads) that the Bat-Pod ejected from it. It explains the heretofor stupid name (which I thought was just an attempt to NOT call it the Bat-cycle) AND it avoids the appearance of Batman having toys for toys' sake, or simply a marketing gimmick. I've seen the film three times and each time there was a tangeable "whoa" reaction from the audience. And the fact that the entire chase is scoreless prior to it's appearance and then kicks in full-tilt when that sucker takes off = beautiful.

As for the next one (should Nolan & co. continue), my current most anticipated possibility is the new Batcave. I originally thought the movie would end with Bruce in it, staring at a bank of screens or the like... boy was I (thankfully) wrong. The current ending is perfection.

-Doc

Giantrobo 07-23-08 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
Agreed on the Tumbler, to a T. When the first publicity stills of it for Begins showed up, my response was definitely in the Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. territory.

Seeing that beast in action, though, it's become my favorite Batmobile.

I also LOVED (as I said in one of the 30 Dark Knight threads) that the Bat-Pod ejected from it. It explains the heretofor stupid name (which I thought was just an attempt to NOT call it the Bat-cycle) AND it avoids the appearance of Batman having toys for toys' sake, or simply a marketing gimmick. I've seen the film three times and each time there was a tangeable "whoa" reaction from the audience. And the fact that the entire chase is scoreless prior to it's appearance and then kicks in full-tilt when that sucker takes off = beautiful.

As for the next one (should Nolan & co. continue), my current most anticipated possibility is the new Batcave. I originally thought the movie would end with Bruce in it, staring at a bank of screens or the like... boy was I (thankfully) wrong. The current ending is perfection.

-Doc

Yep. :up:

I had te same WTF? reaction when I first saw the Batpod. But now I think it's second only to the Tumbler in its awesomeness.

SkipKassidy 07-23-08 04:06 PM

It could gross nothing the next two days and still have the record for a seven-day span.

Supermallet 07-23-08 04:13 PM

Yep, it took Dead Man's Chest 8 days to top $200 million. Dark Knight did it in five. Any gross for the next two days is just icing on the cake.

If the film does $20 million today and tomorrow, it will only need $60 million over the weekend to top $300 million.