Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman Begins 3 - Villain?

Old 07-20-08, 12:20 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by abrg923
I assumed (based on the video) that the Joker killed him, though it was never shown.
No, when Batman flies into the building under construction he knocks over a clown. When he removes the mask of the clown, it's Anthony Michael Hall's character with duct tape over his mouth. Batman tells him to stay down.
Old 07-20-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ah...that part I missed. Didn't realize it was AMH's character.
Old 07-20-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Being that I never read any spoilers for the film....as soon as I saw Anthony Michael Hall it looked like he was being setup for The Riddler...and he would make a pretty bad-ass Riddle as well. Much better then Jim Carrey.
Old 07-20-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Being that I never read any spoilers for the film....as soon as I saw Anthony Michael Hall it looked like he was being setup for The Riddler...and he would make a pretty bad-ass Riddle as well. Much better then Jim Carrey.
I thought the EXACT same thing. He looks like a Riddler, too.
Old 07-20-08, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the appearance of AMH is just another fun joke Nolan has played on us. He's just a off-key news anchor.

He will not be The Riddler.

Hands down, I feel like Riddler and Catwoman are the odds-on favorites.

Personally, Clay-Face (the original origin, not the playdough version of today) and Mr Freeze could work. Freeze could be played like an albino-ish person, with a cold demeanor who throws enemies into an ice box type of gangster not like the popular version of him.

Either way, I can't bloody wait.
Old 07-20-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think they'll have to recast joker. After the setup of DK and the third being the final film, why would they just totally forget joker? Will they not even mention him in the third one or do we just assume Gothams prisons beefed up their security?

Christina Ricci as Harley Quinn who breaks out Daniel Day Lewis as the Joker. Maybe even throw in Bane as a secondary villain.
Old 07-20-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My choices:

Riddler-Crispin Glover
Catwoman-Jennifer Connelly
Penguin-Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Harley Quinn-Sarah Michelle Gellar (with a good director like Nolan, I can see her doing good things)
Freeze-Ralph Fiennes
Old 07-20-08, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't understand why everyone has such a boner for the Riddler. Every incarnation of him I've ever seen (comics, TV, movies), he's always come across as a b-grade villain.

I really can't see any way to make him seem cool. He's covered in question marks. And tells riddles.

Does anyone really want to see a two and half hour movie of Batman solving brain teasers?
Old 07-20-08, 02:43 PM

Joker should be left alone. Never again. NEXT is CATWOMAN.
Old 07-20-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As hard as it is to cast a new Joker, the Joker's story was still left unfinished. If they can get someone like a Crispin Glover to finish the Joker's story arc, that would be satisfactory for me.
Old 07-20-08, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hope they recast the Joker and go that route. Thought Heath Ledger did a really good job but with the same script/directing there's at least 4 or 5 actors who could have done just as good of a job. The performance might have been different but that doesn't make it better or worse.
Old 07-20-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd vote for Catwoman and Harley Quinn.

The Riddler is stupid, the Penguin is lame, and Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy wouldn't work with this realistic setting.

A Joker disciple and a new love interest/enemy for Wayne/Batman. That's a strong enough setup for me.
Old 07-20-08, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They could always get Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Thalia Al Ghul and have a hot chick army vs. the Dark Knight...
Old 07-20-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Crispin Glover? What is the fascination with this guy? How about they just get someone that can actually act, even if they don't look the role.

My vote for Catwoman goes to Olga Kurylenko. You probably don't know who she is. She was the hot Russian chick in Hitman and the hot Russian chick in Quantum of Solace. Maybe she can act, probably not. But you need a hot actress under 30 for the role.
Old 07-20-08, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Crispin Glover? What is the fascination with this guy?
He's tall, thin, has a good smile, CAN act (with the right role), and he's creepy as fuck.

I don't think Crispin would be good for a recasted Joker if just for the fact that any actor taking over the role in the next 10 years will have to be extremely polite and gracious.
Old 07-20-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My vote would go to Bane. In keeping with the film's realistic setting, villains like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Clayface are out of the picture. The Riddler could make for a really interesting villain, but it certainly depends on how they handle it. Catwoman has not been done, but done WELL, same for the penguin, so they should leave those alone.
Old 07-20-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
Riddler is an obvious choice. Dont know it it'll work but I I suppose it could. Same thing with Catwoman.
Or Talia (Ra's au Ghul's daughter) and Scarecrow could make appearances.
That would make a great villain for the third since nolan has been following the trilogy rules. The third movie goes back to the first.
Old 07-20-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
My vote would go to Bane. In keeping with the film's realistic setting, villains like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Clayface are out of the picture. The Riddler could make for a really interesting villain, but it certainly depends on how they handle it. Catwoman has not been done, but done WELL, same for the penguin, so they should leave those alone.
Huh? While I agree that the realistic Nolan Universe takes a lot of Bat-villains out of the running, I can't buy Bane in this universe either.

Bane is basically "the hulk" on fast acting steroids. I don't think Bane pumping up and throwing cars at Batman would work in a 3rd Batman film.

...but that's just me.

That said, since a certain party is out of the picture at this point, Catwoman could be a reasonable villain/love interest in the next film.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-20-08 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-20-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
with the choices being made by people in this thread I'm a so happy you guys have zero pull in deciding how the Batman franchise actually progresses.
So if Nolan and Bale say no to a third one, are you suggesting it makes more sense to recast as opposed to letting his series end?

You might be OK with recasts, but I personally hate them. Again, if Nolan does decide to move on, I'd rather go back to the original series than try to re-invent the wheel.
Old 07-20-08, 05:45 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Huh? While I agree that the realistic Nolan Universe takes a lot of Bat-villains out of the running, I can't buy Bane in this universe either.

Bane is basically "the hulk" on fast acting steroids. I don't think Bane pumping up and throwing cars at Batman would work in a 3rd Batman film.

...but that's just me.
So you don't make him quite so pumped up. I actually do think he would work as this domineering kingpin looking to take over organized crime. The Joker was a whirlwind force, but I think Bane would be more controlled and calculating. He also would be able to take Batman on and win in a physical fight, forcing Batman to come up with a new method to defeat him.

Bane could definitely work, if they tweaked him just a bit from how he appeared in the comics (and we'll just ignore his appearance in B&R).
Old 07-20-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
So you don't make him quite so pumped up. I actually do think he would work as this domineering kingpin looking to take over organized crime. The Joker was a whirlwind force, but I think Bane would be more controlled and calculating. He also would be able to take Batman on and win in a physical fight, forcing Batman to come up with a new method to defeat him.

Bane could definitely work, if they tweaked him just a bit from how he appeared in the comics (and we'll just ignore his appearance in B&R).

I don't know man, I'm still not sold on Bane for this series....
Old 07-20-08, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can resist saying this no longer.

The villain in Batman Begins 3 should be SPAWN!

Michael Jai White played one of the Dark Knight goons. He had previously played Spawn.
Old 07-20-08, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jeffy Pop
Does anyone really want to see a two and half hour movie of Batman solving brain teasers?
The point of the Batman is that he's supposedly the greatest DETECTIVE mind there is. So far nothing in the films have really shown that other than a reliance on technology and some business strategy.
Old 07-20-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I don't know man, I'm still not sold on Bane for this series....
The problem with Bane is you need to sort of establish other villains for Batman or at least touch upon his rogues gallery. I don't see Joker and Scarecrow being able to run the Batman into exhaustion.
Old 07-20-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Crispin Glover? What is the fascination with this guy? How about they just get someone that can actually act, even if they don't look the role.
Agree 1,000%. Everytime there's a speculation thread about any casting of any role in any kind of movie, Crispin Glover's name gets thrown out. There are lots of other actors with loads more talent to choose from for movies.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.