Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman Begins 3 - Villain?

Old 07-19-08, 10:21 PM

Paul Giamatti as The Penguin
Old 07-19-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mrhan
Hugo Strange. The Englehart/Rogers version that was done in the 70's.
I also thought some of that storyline could be a springboard for the next film as well. And then that allows them to bring in Silver St. Cloud, and cast a smokin' hot platinum blonde actress in the role.
Old 07-19-08, 10:35 PM
Banned

I know right now it might seem like blasphemy but I think the only villain that could live up to the Joker is honestly The Joker.
Yes, Ledger was fantastic but I wouldnt be upset if The Joker came back in the third film and was played by another actor (that is if the actor was able to do a respectable job trying to fulfill Ledger's shoes.). It is sad to think about but once more time has passed I think this might be the best option. Batman seems to do best (at least financially) when he is up against the Joker and I think there are many more possibilities for more Batman Vs. the Joker material.
Old 07-19-08, 10:39 PM
Suspended

I hate the Penguin. I personally hope Nolan never uses him. I think Mad Hatter seems like he's be the next logical choice. Little known, eccentric, I could see it happening.
Old 07-19-08, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm not really a big fan of these weird gimmicky guys like Mad Hatter or Ventriloquist. They come off as a little too "wacky" for me.
Old 07-19-08, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the riddler played by Edward Norton
Old 07-19-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think that not having a main villain at all might be the best choice.
Old 07-19-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also like Scarlet Johansson for the role as Catwoman.
Old 07-19-08, 11:24 PM

My ultimate wish is Phillip Seymor Hoffman as the Penguin. But the more i think about it, the more a female villian makes sense, hence Catwoman. I'm not sure it would be such a good idea to have another Batman film with the Penguin and Catwoman as the villians.

So, i think its definitely going to be Catwoman and the Riddler. Selena Kyle could be the love interest and your killing two birds with one stone.

As far as the Riddler... i actually kind of liked Carrey's performance, but he definitely played him as a wimp. A more thuggish, gangster approach could be refreshing with that classic Riddler sense of humor.

Can't wait for 2011 (at the earliest!)
Old 07-19-08, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Man Bat, still one of my favorites in the Rouge Gallery.

The Riddler could work, but that depends on how it is setup.

Mr. Freeze could also work, so long as the use the version from the animated series.
Old 07-19-08, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Even though there's really no foreshadowing of it in THE DARK KNIGHT, I thought one of the main reasons Nolan brought in Anthony Michael Hall was that he was a prime candidate to play The Riddler in the next film?

I think some of the events in DARK KNIGHT make The Catwoman the most interesting candidate for a villian in the next film.

I don't see how The Penguin "works" in Nolan's Gotham. He was perfect for Burton's Gotham...but they'd have to do a totally different take on him to make him work in these new films.
I thought that as well when they cast Anthony Michael Hall in TDK. Would be cool, to see what he does with that character, he has potential. Whenever AMH stepped into the shoes of a bad guy in one of his visions on The Dead Zone, he was pretty creepy.
Old 07-19-08, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Riddler & Catwoman.
Old 07-19-08, 11:43 PM

Yea, initial thoughts when Anthony Michael Hall signed on were Riddler, Riddler, Riddler... so i guess maybe... but i dont know. His role was nothing in The Dark Knight and i just dont know how well that would work.
Old 07-20-08, 12:50 AM
Banned

Don't want Catwoman , because then it'll be a sexy movie.
And that's where it could screw the movie up.
Old 07-20-08, 12:59 AM

Old 07-20-08, 01:01 AM

No thanks.
Old 07-20-08, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
No thanks.
Was just joking Honestly I just don't see any villain that could equal what was done in TDK.
Old 07-20-08, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Having just seen Batman Returns again, I think that if Nolan decides to pass on a third one and the series ends, why not have Burton and Keaton come back to do The Dark Knight Returns, now that darkness is acceptable with the character? It doesn't have to be a completely faithful reproduction, but the idea of a retired Batman coming back to action is an intriguing one.
Old 07-20-08, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to see Ventriloquist.
Old 07-20-08, 04:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gmanca
Having just seen Batman Returns again, I think that if Nolan decides to pass on a third one and the series ends, why not have Burton and Keaton come back to do The Dark Knight Returns, now that darkness is acceptable with the character? It doesn't have to be a completely faithful reproduction, but the idea of a retired Batman coming back to action is an intriguing one.
The problem with having DKR adapted is that Nolan's movies are a young Batman who is still a newbie. DKR is an old Batman who is retired. It would be a bit jarring for the next movie to move that far ahead in time.
Old 07-20-08, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by taffer
The problem with having DKR adapted is that Nolan's movies are a young Batman who is still a newbie. DKR is an old Batman who is retired. It would be a bit jarring for the next movie to move that far ahead in time.
It wouldn't be too hard to just change him to being in seclusion for 2-3 years instead of gone for 10+ years.
Old 07-20-08, 09:24 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by gmanca
with the choices being made by people in this thread I'm a so happy you guys have zero pull in deciding how the Batman franchise actually progresses.
Old 07-20-08, 09:47 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
It wouldn't be too hard to just change him to being in seclusion for 2-3 years instead of gone for 10+ years.
But part of the effectiveness of TDKR is that Batman is a legend who disappears and decides that enough is enough, and comes out of retirement to save a city that is on the brink of destroying itself. In TDK he's still a novelty, and Gotham isn't nearly so desperate.

Besides, if we wait 20 years to do TDKR, we can have someone else play The Joker and it won't be nearly so jarring.
Old 07-20-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Yea, initial thoughts when Anthony Michael Hall signed on were Riddler, Riddler, Riddler... so i guess maybe... but i dont know. His role was nothing in The Dark Knight and i just dont know how well that would work.
I assumed (based on the video) that the Joker killed him, though it was never shown.
Old 07-20-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
Also like Scarlet Johansson for the role as Catwoman.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.