Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman Begins 3 - Villain?

Old 07-19-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by anyanka323
Catwoman or the Riddler would be the most logical choices. If they do use the Riddler, please cast Michael Emerson (Ben Linus from Lost) in the role.
I like that casting choice.

Oh and sorry dogmatica.
Old 07-19-08, 06:27 PM

They'll need some female blood so how about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy?
Old 07-19-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even though there's really no foreshadowing of it in THE DARK KNIGHT, I thought one of the main reasons Nolan brought in Anthony Michael Hall was that he was a prime candidate to play The Riddler in the next film?

I think some of the events in DARK KNIGHT make The Catwoman the most interesting candidate for a villian in the next film.

I don't see how The Penguin "works" in Nolan's Gotham. He was perfect for Burton's Gotham...but they'd have to do a totally different take on him to make him work in these new films.
Old 07-19-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Eva Longoria Parker as Catwoman.
Edward Norton as the Riddler.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Bane.
Cristina Ricci as Harley Quinn.
Angelina Jolie as Poison Ivy

Last edited by dvd_luver; 07-19-08 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-19-08, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wasn't there a joke made in TDK about the new batsuit protecting him from cats? Made me think of Catwoman
Old 07-19-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by treszoks
They'll need some female blood so how about Harley Quinn?
How exactly would that work?
Old 07-19-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
Wasn't there a joke made in TDK about the new batsuit protecting him from cats? Made me think of Catwoman
yes there was hmmmm....
Old 07-19-08, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I think some of the events in DARK KNIGHT make The Catwoman the most interesting candidate for a villian in the next film.
I really like Eva Longoria Parker to be cast if they do Catwoman. She is a not to tall a woman, but that is why I like her. She also has demonstrated a sinister side to her acting in Desperate Housewives. A cat should be hard to catch, and Batman would have a pretty hard time catching a quick, petite puttycat. Depending what Nolan has in mind for the role, that would be good casting if they want to make Catwoman hard to catch.
Old 07-19-08, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
Post #40

Old 07-19-08, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Catwoman cant really be the only villain in the next film as she isnt really a villain in the Bat-iverse. I definitely think Catwoman and Selina Kyle need to be a major part of the next film, just not really the main villain. As for the main villain, I guess it has to be the Riddler, although Im not so sure Im sold on that idea.
Old 07-19-08, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
I really like Eva Longoria Parker to be cast if they do Catwoman. She is a not to tall a woman, but that is why I like her. She also has demonstrated a sinister side to her acting in Desperate Housewives. A cat should be hard to catch, and Batman would have a pretty hard time catching a quick, petite puttycat. Depending what Nolan has in mind for the role, that would be good casting if they want to make Catwoman hard to catch.
no, no, no. i respect your opinion, but i strongly disagree. she would be terrible.
Old 07-19-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i don't think he would work as the primary villain, but i'd love to see Deadshot make an appearance in the next one. his vignette in Gotham Knight was one of the best.
Old 07-19-08, 07:25 PM

It is so hard to speculate as to what a 3rd film would be. I mean, there really is nowhere to go from TDK, but down, it was a nearly flawless film. The Joker is the ultimate Batman villain, and Heath nailed him. Makes me wonder if possibly the ending would've been different and the 3rd would've been a Two Face/Joker tag team had Heath not passed.

Spoiler:
I honestly don't think that Dent will be back in the 3rd one. There was a funeral/memorial at the end for him. And if he were to come back it would make the end of TDK pretty much pointless for Bats to be on the run

That being said, Catwoman would be the most logical choice. Everyone said that Jack's Joker could never be outdone, but clearly it has. I originally thought that someone a little disturbing such as Tilda Swinton would be good as Catwoman, but she also has to be able to play Wayne's girlfriend as Selina Kyle. Hmmm...choices.
Old 07-19-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mrflix
That being said, Catwoman would be the most logical choice. Everyone said that Jack's Joker could never be outdone, but clearly it has. I originally thought that someone a little disturbing such as Tilda Swinton would be good as Catwoman, but she also has to be able to play Wayne's girlfriend as Selina Kyle. Hmmm...choices.
yeah, Tilda Swinton is an excellent actress, but i don't think she has the sex appeal to play Catwoman.
Old 07-19-08, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by kefrank
yeah, Tilda Swinton is an excellent actress, but i don't think she has the sex appeal to play Catwoman.
Unfortunately I agree. One thing that needs to happen for a 3rd though is that Nolan needs to direct. None of this "I'll produce and let someone else give it a try" nonsense.
Old 07-19-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was half expecting Selina Kyle's name wasn't mentioned in TDK (those little fanboy bones comic movies throw at us). Have Bane be the villian (hired by Penguin) but have him smart, unlike the bafoon in Batman & Robin.

As for villians, Penguin as a new mob boss. Catwoman as a thief. Be like the comics where she just steals stuff and doesn't hurt anyone. Riddler always seems like a knock-off Joker to me.

ALSO: Don't have anyone find out Batman's identity. Is it some sort of rule that superhero movies have to always have someone discover their identity?
Old 07-19-08, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd like to leave Penguin out and just have Bane be hired by Maroni (assuming he's still alive) as a last ditch effort and keep Two Face involved or bring in Catwoman.
Old 07-19-08, 08:53 PM

I kind if wished they held off on scarecrow for the 3rd movie. I thought he was decent in begins but i always thought that the scarecrow was one of the most terrrifying villians especially from the 70's comic books.
I always thought he was suppose to look alot taller and scarier and no, not like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz lol, but at least more authentic looking and not basically a man who looks almost like a teenager in a suit and a mask.
Old 07-19-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Phantasm would be my first choice, but it's a real longshot.

As far as the more mainstream villains go, I'd love to see Rhys Darby play The Riddler.

Tell me you can't see it.
Old 07-19-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Billionaire Bruce Wayne would never settle for Tilda Swinton.

I wouldn't settle for Tilda Swinton.
Old 07-19-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Tilda Swinton is an acquired taste. I love her and I think she's gorgeous, but she won't get the fanboys hard so that means they won't be happy. I'd vote NO on Swinton too.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-19-08 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-19-08, 09:40 PM

Jack Bauer vs Batman. Who can get around Gotham/LA faster?
Old 07-19-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Tilda looks like a man. If they wanted to go that route, they might as well put in Robin
Old 07-19-08, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lawyer goodwill
Oh yes. I had forgotten. I like the idea of the Catwoman, with maybe working in the Penguin as an arms dealer (I know, these two characters would be a direct echo of Batman Returns). I'm not so sure with the Riddler; I'm just a casual Batfan, but I've always felt that there is too much overlap between him and the Joker as far as characteristics.
Batman Returns could actually serve as a good template for a Batman Begins 3. Penguin could step into Gotham to take over the remnants of the mob while managing the rising freaks at the same time. Catwoman could be an outcast of the mob who is again playing both sides and eventually sides with Bruce. And this may be a bit fanboy-ish, but my pick for Selina would be Eliza Dushku, who can play it both sweet or darkly psychotic (see Faith the Vampire Slayer).

The Dark Knight Returns (possibly tweaked into a World's Finest-like story) would also be amazing. I'm sure they'd want to have Superman be a little more heroic though and not simply a government tool. I'd imagine something along the lines of Luthor and/or Penguin seizing the opportunity of a weakened Gotham (a disappeared Batman, crumbling mob) brings Batman out of seclusion. Luthor sets up Batman as a supervillain in the eyes of the public drawing the attention of Superman, so the two battle it out until they realize they are being had.

Last edited by NitroJMS; 07-19-08 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-19-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kefrank
She's actually be better playing a totally nuts Harley Quinn or White Witch-like Poison Ivy.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.