Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Iron Man 2 - April 2010 (Favreau is directing)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Iron Man 2 - April 2010 (Favreau is directing)

Old 04-01-10, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 609 Likes on 429 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 - April 2010 (Favreau is directing)

Pretty dull poster. Not to mention the bright blue totally throws the color balance off. Looks more like a fan made poster.
Old 04-01-10, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
Sorry, I should have specified: Mickey Rourke's bad Russian accent will ruin him in this film.
I don't think that will be problematic because:

1. Any non-Russian actors playing Russians trying to speak English still come off as comical.

2. Any Russian actors trying to speak English still come off as comical.
Old 04-01-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So apparently the Jay Leno cameo made the final cut.
Old 04-01-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 453 Likes on 275 Posts

*ahem* Batman.
Old 04-04-10, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<object width="450" height="237"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/20411"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/20411" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="237" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 04-04-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
<object width="450" height="237"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/20411"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/20411" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="237" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Sweet! Stark is the man!
Old 04-04-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post
Everyone is wrong. The real answer as to who should have played Rhodes is: Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Brilliant, you win.
Old 04-04-10, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post
Everyone is wrong. The real answer as to who should have played Rhodes is: Chiwetel Ejiofor.

I strongly disagree. The real answer as to who should play Rhodes is: Gary Coleman.

------------------

All jokes aside Iron Man 2 is going to fucking kick ass!!
Old 04-04-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 252 Likes on 182 Posts

I think Chiwetel Ejiofor is perfect for a Marvel role, but not War Machine. I can't imagine a better Black Panther, and I've thought that since Dirty Pretty Things seven years ago.
Old 04-04-10, 03:35 PM
Banned

Djimon Hounsou would be better I think. For the The Black Panther role....
Old 04-05-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just because...

Old 04-05-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best body in hollywood
Old 04-05-10, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

conscience wins the thread.
Old 04-05-10, 11:01 AM
Banned

I'm still iffy on the info whether or not she speaks w/ a Russian accent.
Old 04-05-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

The last one has been my wallpaper for the weekend. Some cool ones on the Iron Man 2 site.
Old 04-05-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
I'm still iffy on the info whether or not she speaks w/ a Russian accent.
Actually, I don't care if she does or not. Black Widow was an international spy before allying with the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. If we were in a cold war Russia, maybe it would make a lot of difference, but I would think since this is set in the present, her accent would be almost non-existent.
Old 04-05-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Emily Blunt attached as Black Widow for quite some time? I remember Johansen's casting being a big surprise/announcement, and most people who had not been following the movie didn't really notice it as a surprise.

I am curious if her casting was a case of she decided she wanted to be in the movie and due to her star power was able to replace Blunt, or if Blunt was just announced as the choice because Johansen was asking for too much money and they wanted her to come down on her price. Maybe it was a mixture or nothing like the two, but I just found her getting the role out of nowhere kind of unexpected.
Old 04-05-10, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Actually, I don't care if she does or not. Black Widow was an international spy before allying with the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. If we were in a cold war Russia, maybe it would make a lot of difference, but I would think since this is set in the present, her accent would be almost non-existent.
Maybe she will be like Mila Kunis; able to speak perfect English but slip into perfect Russian at the drop of a hat.
Old 04-05-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Emily Blunt attached as Black Widow for quite some time? I remember Johansen's casting being a big surprise/announcement, and most people who had not been following the movie didn't really notice it as a surprise.

I am curious if her casting was a case of she decided she wanted to be in the movie and due to her star power was able to replace Blunt, or if Blunt was just announced as the choice because Johansen was asking for too much money and they wanted her to come down on her price. Maybe it was a mixture or nothing like the two, but I just found her getting the role out of nowhere kind of unexpected.
I don't know who was considered before Emily Blunt but she was in serious talks for the role, but I don't think she was ever "officially" signed up for it. Another studio had a hold (see: contract) on Blunt and would not let her out of it because she was signed up for a movie from that studio (Gulliver's Travels).

I believe Scarlett had originally talked to Favreau about other characters while Blunt was still in talks for BW and when Blunt finally had to drop out of negotiations, Scarlett auditioned and got the part.

It did seem to happen pretty quickly...in the press that is. But I don't think it was that fast a transition in real time. Scarlett got the part and then had to start working out before filming started. I believe she was offered the role the same time Rourke was brought on.

I think the main deal about people like Blunt more for the part is that she physically looked the part right away because of the dark hair and cat like features. Scarlett just had to do a little more to 'look' the part.

And I don't think going into the accent deal is worth anyone's time right now. It's been talked about to death and will not be answered until the film comes out. If an accent were required (we've been told it wasn't) and Scarlett couldn't have done it, she wouldn't have been offered the part. Plain and simple. She is far more known for indie roles than big budget ones so they obviously did not pick her for her box office totals.

It's seriously tiring to have people blame her for this whole accent deal and call her a bad actress. She's an acclaimed actor who actually got beyond excellent reviews for a Broadway performance which she performed more than a handful of times a week. The girl at least has the critical backup and support to be known as a good to great actor. And, hey, what wrong with looking sexy as hell at the same time?

Last edited by conscience; 04-05-10 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-05-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by conscience View Post
I don't know who was considered before Emily Blunt but she was in serious talks for the role, but I don't think she was ever "officially" signed up for it. Another studio had a hold (see: contract) on Blunt and would not let her out of it because she was signed up for a movie from that studio (Gulliver's Travels).

I believe Scarlett had originally talked to Favreau about other characters while Blunt was still in talks for BW and when Blunt finally had to drop out of negotiations, Scarlett auditioned and got the part.

It did seem to happen pretty quickly...in the press that is. But I don't think it was that fast a transition in real time. Scarlett got the part and then had to start working out before filming started. I believe she was offered the role the same time Rourke was brought on.

I think the main deal about people like Blunt more for the part is that she physically looked the part right away because of the dark hair and cat like features. Scarlett just had to do a little more to 'look' the part.

And I don't think going into the accent deal is worth anyone's time right now. It's been talked about to death and will not be answered until the film comes out. If an accent were required (we've been told it wasn't) and Scarlett couldn't have done it, she wouldn't have been offered the part. Plain and simple. She is far more known for indie roles than big budget ones so they obviously did not pick her for her box office totals.

It's seriously tiring to have people blame her for this whole accent deal and call her a bad actress. She's an acclaimed actor who actually got beyond excellent reviews for a Broadway performance which she performed more than a handful of times a week. The girl at least has the critical backup and support to be known as a good to great actor. And, hey, what wrong with looking sexy as hell at the same time?
Thanks for the clarification. I too do not care about the accent for the character. If she's a spy and such for SHIELD, then she should be able to speak fluently in ANY language. What's interesting is the one's that might gripe about her lack of accent would be the first to bitch about her having one if she attempted one and it didn't sound up to their standards.
Old 04-07-10, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.

Is this gonna be in 3 d
Old 04-07-10, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Not unless they do a last minute conversion.

Please, let them not do a last minute conversion.
Old 04-07-10, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm not into 3D either, but why worry about a conversion? Just go see the standard version. Hell, with the fad at an all time high you may have a better theater going experience in the standard theater.
Old 04-07-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I'm not into 3D either, but why worry about a conversion? Just go see the standard version. Hell, with the fad at an all time high you may have a better theater going experience in the standard theater.
True.
Old 04-07-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should just wait and do Iron Man 3-D

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.