Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Burn After Reading (New Coen Bros. movie): Clooney, Pitt, McDormand, Malkovich

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Burn After Reading (New Coen Bros. movie): Clooney, Pitt, McDormand, Malkovich

Old 01-21-09, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts
Re: Burn After Reading (New Coen Bros. movie): Clooney, Pitt, McDormand, Malkovich

I don't get this movie. Anyone willing to briefly explain the ending?
Old 01-21-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Burn After Reading (New Coen Bros. movie): Clooney, Pitt, McDormand, Malkovich

Seriously?

Can you explain what you don't get?
Old 01-21-09, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

There was no ending. Maybe I'm looking for something that isn't there. And I got NCFOM.
Old 01-21-09, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
There was no ending. Maybe I'm looking for something that isn't there. And I got NCFOM.
If you mean how it abruptly changes over to J.K. Simmons in his office after Clooney starts running, I think that was a great ending. They really didn't need to show anything else from there.

They basically explain everything that happened in that conversation between J. K. Simmons and Sledgehammer. Cox kills the gym manager and in turn gets killed by a spook who was trailing him IIRC. Any bodies have been disposed of discretely. Linda gets her surgery money from the government to keep quiet. I assume Clooney gets picked up - can't remember if they say this or not.

I love fact that all these people die or have their lives ruined, but she still got her surgeries.
Old 01-21-09, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

such a great movie
Old 01-21-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
If you mean how it abruptly changes over to J.K. Simmons in his office after Clooney starts running, I think that was a great ending. They really didn't need to show anything else from there.

They basically explain everything that happened in that conversation between J. K. Simmons and Sledgehammer. Cox kills the gym manager and in turn gets killed by a spook who was trailing him IIRC. Any bodies have been disposed of discretely. Linda gets her surgery money from the government to keep quiet. I assume Clooney gets picked up - can't remember if they say this or not.

I love fact that all these people die or have their lives ruined, but she still got her surgeries.
clooney's character gets picked up at the airport trying to fly to venezuela. at the time of the conversation, he is being held at the airport. j.k. simmons tells the other CIA officer to let him go, as the other country does not have an extradition treaty with the US.
Old 01-21-09, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kms_md
clooney's character gets picked up at the airport trying to fly to venezuela. at the time of the conversation, he is being held at the airport. j.k. simmons tells the other CIA officer to let him go, as the other country does not have an extradition treaty with the US.
That's right - thanks for the memory refreshment.
Old 01-21-09, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
That's right - thanks for the memory refreshment.
wow, speedy reply. no problem.
Old 01-21-09, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just sitting in class hitting F5.
Old 01-21-09, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a fun movie.
Old 01-21-09, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
What a fun movie.
It's a riot. I've seen it countless times since it's been released, and I still find something new to laugh at. Just thinking about some scenes makes me laugh inside.