Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Star Wars: The Clone Wars feature film thread!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-24-08, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's right, that brief installment in between Star Wars Episodes II and III that was unanimously praised for its daring, avant-garde style, fantastic voice acting, and something that the prequel movies lacked - real tension, is back, this time in animated CGI form. Get ready ladies and gents, Star Wars is back, and there will be nary a critic who will spit on this film. Just when we thought Star Wars couldn't deliver any more quality stoytelling!
Old 05-24-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I hope you're right, but this is being done by a different crew than the animated Clone Wars shorts. Personally, I'm happy with what those shorts brought to the table and I wish they'd move on to something else, but I'll still be there in August.
Old 05-24-08, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've seen the trailers for this online and was already sold. But when I saw the trailer in the theater last week... I was totally blown away.

I think it's going to be pretty cool.
Old 05-24-08, 08:33 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I just don't see myself going to the theatre to watch a Star Wars cartoon. Especially since it will be reshown at the start of the TV series.
Old 05-24-08, 09:04 AM
Banned

Is Lucas doing this to try and explain more about the Clone Wars or what?
How about explaining how the Sith got started!
Old 05-24-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will watch it, but i don't feel an urgency to see it in the theater. Anyway I think i will still be in China in August. Doubt they will have that. I just pray they have Dark Kinght. Good chance since 10,000 BC was in the theater a week later there.

I agree they should have just moved on. Why couldnt they do something between Star Wars and Empire? Or after Jedi? Or both?
Old 05-24-08, 09:12 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

if he's not going to give us the sequels we all want, why not do a Knights of the Old Republic storyline?? go even farther back in the mythos...
Old 05-24-08, 10:27 AM

I would have loved a Knights of the Old Republic set movie/series but it seems that Lucas doesn't want to do anything with stuff that he wasn't involved in. Which is a shame because that era of history is just ripe for story ideas.
Old 05-24-08, 12:30 PM

The animation doesn't do it for me. Thirteen years ago, Toy Story looked better than the trailer.
Old 05-24-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The animation doesn't do it for me. Thirteen years ago, Toy Story looked better than the trailer.
When will people like you get it through your thick head that TV shows have miniscule budgets compared to feature films. The Toy Story comparison is beyond idiotic. If you can show me one TV show that has animation anywhere close to animated films, I'll rethink my comment. But since you can't, I won't. Next time, put a bit of thought into your comment.
Old 05-24-08, 02:36 PM
Cool New Member

Terrell
The new age Mickey Mouse cartoons have better looking animation, so even a TV show budget can result in decent animation.
Old 05-24-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What was the budget?

I agree that the animation looks terrible. Not sure if I'll bother with this.
Old 05-24-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
if he's not going to give us the sequels we all want, why not do a Knights of the Old Republic storyline?? go even farther back in the mythos...
I'd love for this to happen.
Old 05-24-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Terrell
The new age Mickey Mouse cartoons have better looking animation, so even a TV show budget can result in decent animation
Another insipid comment, but it's really not worth arguing considering you're wrong.

I wouldnt. It sounds stupid, like most of the Expanded Universe crap.
Old 05-24-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Force forbid the franchise actually move on to another story.
Old 05-24-08, 05:20 PM

Considering his love of computer technology I am really shocked Lucas doesn't pull out Ep 7-9 the same way using (in theory) the original actor's voices. But seeing how well he wrote the prequels I am pleased he has not.
Old 05-24-08, 05:25 PM
Banned by request

Supposedly episodes 7-9 were meant to be about Luke's search for his sister at the other end of the galaxy, and as he was writing Jedi, Lucas decided three was enough and just made Leia his sister.
Old 05-24-08, 10:11 PM
Banned

the trailer didn't empress me or the movie crowd in the movie theater i was in. silent very silent.
Old 05-24-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
KOTOR's story was much better than the last three movies. I wish they would get a move on with the third game already. I'll admit I've actually lost interest in the clone wars due to the animation stuff.
Old 05-25-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They should really do a (realistic) CGI EP:VII-IX with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and maybe even Ewen McGregor in a cameo. I mean it's not like Carrie Fisher is doing that much, and Mark Hamill is a voice actor anyway!
Old 05-25-08, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Terrell
I wouldnt. It sounds stupid, like most of the Expanded Universe crap.
By that comment, I can only assume you have never even played the KOTOR games and are saying that on blind ignorance alone. I have never seen a person that has actually played KOTOR and didn't like it. Many people will even say that KOTOR was better than the prequel trilogy.
Old 05-25-08, 10:02 PM

KOTOR is awesome and is in fact better than the prequels. It also has better character models than this movie.
Old 05-26-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's already a four page thread for this.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=524990
Old 05-26-08, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Terrell
When will people like you get it through your thick head that TV shows have miniscule budgets compared to feature films. The Toy Story comparison is beyond idiotic. If you can show me one TV show that has animation anywhere close to animated films, I'll rethink my comment. But since you can't, I won't. Next time, put a bit of thought into your comment.
You release something on the big screen, and charge people $10.50 (here in Chicago) to view it and they should expect, nar say demand, good animation work.

Anything else looks like a cheap way to grab some cash..which wouldn't be a first from the source.