DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Pulp Fiction new 35mm print at AFI Silver May 30-June 5 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/532048-pulp-fiction-new-35mm-print-afi-silver-may-30-june-5-a.html)

Rypro 525 05-21-08 11:33 PM

Pulp Fiction new 35mm print at AFI Silver May 30-June 5

http://www.afi.com/silver/new/nowpla...lpfiction.aspx

I've probably seen this movie 50 times but I might have to go to this as is would be interesting to see in theaters with an audience.

Oh and this is theater is amazing in silver spring md

Tuan Jim 05-24-08 06:31 PM

I've just moved to the area and I've only seen one film at this theater so far (I'm a Cyborg but that's Ok) - but they've been playing some really great stuff lately including "Blade Runner Final Cut", Good, Bad and the Ugly, etc. With the Goddard retrospective starting soon, I'm thinking about catching Breathless there tomorrow afternoon.

With such a quality theater and excellent films, it'd seem to be the ideal place for a DVDTalk meet - decent restaurants nearby not to mention the metro stop. Is anyone interested in doing this for Pulp Fiction or anything else coming up this summer?

Giles 05-27-08 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
I've just moved to the area and I've only seen one film at this theater so far (I'm a Cyborg but that's Ok) - but they've been playing some really great stuff lately including "Blade Runner Final Cut", Good, Bad and the Ugly, etc. With the Goddard retrospective starting soon, I'm thinking about catching Breathless there tomorrow afternoon.

With such a quality theater and excellent films, it'd seem to be the ideal place for a DVDTalk meet - decent restaurants nearby not to mention the metro stop. Is anyone interested in doing this for Pulp Fiction or anything else coming up this summer?

I second that idea.

The Bus 05-27-08 09:29 AM

I'd love to go but I'm out of town next weekend. Silver Spring is far (1.5+ hours) but not so far to keep me away from a great screening.

Mittman 05-27-08 02:18 PM

I'd be down for meeting to catch Pulp Fiction.

OldBoy 05-27-08 05:27 PM

does this mean a double dip is in the near future or not with QT and Miramax's history with his movies on DVD?

IronWaffle 05-27-08 06:00 PM

Count me in for a meet-up. I work down the street and love excuses to see stuff at AFI.

Rypro 525 05-27-08 06:16 PM

i'd love to do one next tue or wed . i 'd be down for sat, but i have other plans i can't get out of.

Movie starts at 8:30 next tue and wed.

Tuan Jim 05-27-08 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i'd love to do one next tue or wed . i 'd be down for sat, but i have other plans i can't get out of.

Movie starts at 8:30 next tue and wed.

Could probably do it any time next week. Didn't see any times posted yet though.

edit. nvrmnd they updated the page after this afternoon.

rexinnih 05-28-08 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598
does this mean a double dip is in the near future or not with QT and Miramax's history with his movies on DVD?

Or hopefully some hi-def love!

Giles 05-28-08 09:13 AM

so... next Tuesday or Wednesday is that the plan?

Rypro 525 05-28-08 05:31 PM

sounds good to me. Tuesday would be better for me. Also, i think many of the garages have free parking after 6pm, so if we all like want to get something to eat before hand that would be cool. What are consitered the best resturants in the area?

IronWaffle 05-28-08 06:53 PM

Tues/Wed works great for me.

Tuan Jim 05-28-08 08:16 PM

I'll be coming up the metro - very convenient. There's a macaroni grill right near the theater as well as a Japanese restaurant and some other places at the shopping center right next to it.

I can do either night, but the sooner we decide on a time, the better.

Rypro 525 05-28-08 09:03 PM

tue, dinner before the movie, and movie at 8:30 sound fine to everyone. Also, should i post this also in the otter forum so we could get more md/dc/va people to come, since i dont' think the theater will be that crowded on a tuesday night.

IronWaffle 05-29-08 06:05 PM

I'm ready to go medieval Tuesday. Well, not like that. [awkward silence]Um. Anyhow.[/awkward silence]

Food-wise, here's a link to what's within walking distance.

Tuan Jim 05-29-08 08:21 PM

tue, dinner before the movie, and movie at 8:30 sound fine to everyone. Also, should i post this also in the otter forum so we could get more md/dc/va people to come, since i dont' think the theater will be that crowded on a tuesday night.

May as well pimp the meeting in other. should be fun.

jas722 05-31-08 09:02 AM

I have never seen this movie in theaters and would love too, can't make it during the week thou.

I think i'm going to make a road trip and see it tonight. The wiki page about this theater just seals the deal, sounds amazing.

Hell I might just stay overnight and see Blade Runner too.

Rypro 525 06-02-08 01:07 AM

if the meet is still on, you all want to meet around 7 pm or so. Any place that serves burgers/chicken is good enough for me.) Also, isn't 95/495 hell on weekdays with traffic? So, should leaving around 5pm giving me 2 hours be good?

Tuan Jim 06-02-08 05:04 AM

I was looking at my schedule and I'll probably have to pass this week after all. Got too many other things coming up right now. Hopefully more opportunities in the future though.

IronWaffle 06-02-08 01:58 PM

if the meet is still on, you all want to meet around 7 pm or so. Any place that serves burgers/chicken is good enough for me.) Also, isn't 95/495 hell on weekdays with traffic? So, should leaving around 5pm giving me 2 hours be good?

Rypro, where are you coming from? 495 is a bear coming from Virginia, but it depends on what time you leave and how far you have to go. I also know some off-highway ways to avoid a lot of the traffic (I learned the hard way having to do that commute once-a-week). Me, I work walking distance from the theater, so I'm flexible on time/location.

As to food, the most Pulp Fiction-themed dining would probably be the Tastee Diner about four blocks from the theater. The food's greasy, the service is questionable, and the boothside mini-jukeboxes are bound to have at least one song off the soundtrack. Well, probably not, but that'd be a bit too much anyhow.

Rypro 525 06-02-08 11:44 PM

Well, i'm coming from reisterstown md which is about 20 minutes north of baltimore, i think i've only got 3 miles on 495. Well, i drive a black vw bug with a bunch of death metal bumper stickers on the back and will be wearing my Chris Walken 'i got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell' tshirt. maybe we can meet in front of the theater and walk to the diner, since i am prob bound to get lost finding it. :lol:

Also, if you wanna see what i look like, chek my sig (have longer hair), and no, i do not look like a bitch.

Mikael79 06-02-08 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598

I think this new print is just a copy meant for theater use, and doesn't mean that anything new was discovered that would trigger a new DVD release.

IronWaffle 06-03-08 08:56 AM

Reisterstown? Been a long time since I was up there. You have plenty of time, I'm guessing, as long as you use 95 and not 270 (even Big-Brained Brad would know that, though).

I'll be out front of the theater at 7 (unless another time is specified). I'll be the runty guy wearing a blue blazer, black jeans and a black hat. I may even be able to scrounge up a cowbell, but don't consider that a promise.

I'm looking forward to this, whether it's two or ten people. This and seeing Indiana Jones at the Drive-In in Baltimore are the two indulgences that have tempted me recently. I passed on Indy.

-- Dave.

Well, i'm coming from reisterstown md which is about 20 minutes north of baltimore, i think i've only got 3 miles on 495. Well, i drive a black vw bug with a bunch of death metal bumper stickers on the back and will be wearing my Chris Walken 'i got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell' tshirt. maybe we can meet in front of the theater and walk to the diner, since i am prob bound to get lost finding it. :lol:

Also, if you wanna see what i look like, chek my sig (have longer hair), and no, i do not look like a bitch.

Rypro 525 06-03-08 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by IronWaffle
(even Big-Brained Brad would know that, though).
-- Dave.

i thought it was Brett?