Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jennifer's Body - New Diablo Cody written movie

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Jennifer's Body - New Diablo Cody written movie

Old 09-21-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: Jennifer's Body - New Diablo Cody written movie

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
That is the lamest Kim Cattrall story I've ever heard. From now on, I suggest you end with, "And then we had sex on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise."
And don't forget to add "Remember how she played that howling during sex girl in Porky's? I found out that it's all true!"
Old 09-21-09, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YcXRjjM02LQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YcXRjjM02LQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 09-21-09, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Ummm...could you get more obscure, please?
Thurman Thomas is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He's hardly obscure.
Old 09-23-09, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw this last night. Not good. It didn't know if it wanted to be a horror film or a horror comedy. No suspense and very little gore.

I give 2 big toe thumbs out of 5.
Old 09-23-09, 03:09 PM

So let me get this straight. Is Megan Fox really going to be nude in certain parts of this movie? If that's the case, once it comes out to DVD, I'll buy any version of it.
Old 09-23-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 673 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by unskilledgymrat
So let me get this straight. Is Megan Fox really going to be nude in certain parts of this movie? If that's the case, once it comes out to DVD, I'll buy any version of it.
No, she's not.
Old 09-23-09, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 222 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YcXRjjM02LQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YcXRjjM02LQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
That 4:25 sketch got more laughs from me and made me respect Megan Fox more than the whole movie of Jennifer's Body did. She needs to do some more absurdist humor.
Old 09-23-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by unskilledgymrat
There were some stills of outtakes floating around of her in the swimming scene. She had on flesh colored panties and pasties over her nipples. They were actually pretty good but I'm sure nothing shows in the movie. They were like a wet t-shirt
Old 09-24-09, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Saw it tonight and enjoyed it, Megan Fox of course was sexy as hell. It wasnt really scary except for when Megan Fox returns to her friends house for the first time after the fire. that part was very well done.

I didnt think the dialouge here was over the top like it was in Juno. If you didnt know i was written by Diablo Cody, I dont think anyone would notice any of the quips.

good movie though 7/10
Old 09-25-09, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it's a bad, bad movie.

5/10

it fails to be an occult movie, fails to be a vampire movie, fails to impress. Megan Fox fails.
Old 09-25-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Thurman Thomas is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He's hardly obscure.
Has he ever been in any movies? Y'know, like all those pro-footballers-turned-great actors...Jim Brown, Joe Namath, O.J. Simpson...?
Old 09-25-09, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by newginafets
it's a bad, bad movie.

5/10

it fails to be an occult movie, fails to be a vampire movie, fails to impress. Megan Fox fails.
Of course it fails at being a vampire movie, it had nothing to do with vampires. That's like saying District 9 fails at being a zombie film.

Though I do agree Jennifer's Body was shit.
Old 09-25-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 222 Likes on 171 Posts

The new EW has one of Cody's columns and in it she actually addresses the failure of Jennifer's Body. Apparently she felt so bad about it doing badly she was ready to "slash" femural artery. But she came to terms with her failure and then when Toni Colette won an Emmy for United States of Tara, she felt good again. Take this FWIW.
Old 10-03-09, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay, I'm probably in the minority, but I saw it today and really enjoyed it. It's getting too much shit, if you look deeper it's almost a postmodern satire on peoples' reactions to tragedy and their grief. I just read Dave Cullen's Columbine, about the massacre and its fallout and a lot of stuff such as exploitation and overblowing the tragedy was discussed, for example the "benefit song" in this, so I saw those elements in this and give Diablo Cody a lot of credit for it. As a film it almost felt like a cross between Heathers and Angel Heart, the latter being exemplified by having
Spoiler:
weird sacrifices and a sex scene where blood drips down from a ceiling
. Some of the dialogue and FX doesn't work, but overall I liked it a lot more than I expected.

Last edited by Zen Peckinpah; 10-03-09 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-03-09, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
That was pretty funny, dry humor... Megan Fox is a good sport to have actually played along with that. I can't believe they actually managed to talk about Hotel for Dogs for that long.
Old 10-03-09, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cerial442
Of course it fails at being a vampire movie, it had nothing to do with vampires. That's like saying District 9 fails at being a zombie film.

Though I do agree Jennifer's Body was shit.
Yup that's why. I'd rather see a vampire movie than this half-meant monster.
Old 10-03-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
Okay, I'm probably in the minority, but I saw it today and really enjoyed it.
I saw it on Thursday and I enjoyed it too. It's not a masterpiece but I found it to be a decent way to spend 90 minutes.
Old 12-29-09, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I watched this and A Perfect Getaway tonight. The only good that came from this film is that it made A Perfect Getaway look like a masterpiece. The most unnecessary (and best) scene in the film (think lesbian) couldn't even save the film for me. I didn't go into it expecting some great film, but neither did I think it would be this bad. The story (if you can call it that) was a jumbled fucking mess, the acting was horrible, and the dialogue/humor was just annoying. I need to watch something soon to get this bad taste out of my mouth.
Old 12-29-09, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
I watched this and A Perfect Getaway tonight. The only good that came from this film is that it made A Perfect Getaway look like a masterpiece. The most unnecessary (and best) scene in the film (think lesbian) couldn't even save the film for me. I didn't go into it expecting some great film, but neither did I think it would be this bad. The story (if you can call it that) was a jumbled fucking mess, the acting was horrible, and the dialogue/humor was just annoying. I need to watch something soon to get this bad taste out of my mouth.

Yes, this film was abysmal. None of Cody's "hip" dialogue worked at all. In fact, every delivered line fell flat on it's face. I saw this film a few weeks ago (bootleg DVD). I saw "A Perfect Getaway" today though. Great twist in the film. In better hands (screenwriter and director), it could have been great. As is, it's barely worth a rental.
Old 12-30-09, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a fucking mess of a follow-up to an Original Screenplay Oscar win... I didn't feel she deserved it for "Juno" in that year, in any case. Bird for Ratatouille, or even Gilroy for Michael Clayton were more deserving.
Old 12-30-09, 08:10 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 983 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Yes, this film was abysmal. None of Cody's "hip" dialogue worked at all. In fact, every delivered line fell flat on it's face. I saw this film a few weeks ago (bootleg DVD). I saw "A Perfect Getaway" today though. Great twist in the film. In better hands (screenwriter and director), it could have been great. As is, it's barely worth a rental.
Originally Posted by hardercore
What a fucking mess of a follow-up to an Original Screenplay Oscar win... I didn't feel she deserved it for "Juno" in that year, in any case. Bird for Ratatouille, or even Gilroy for Michael Clayton were more deserving.
ditto. what a terrible movie and what a terrible actress in Fox.

i think Cody was trying to rip-off Whedon's 'Buffy-speak' more than anything else and it was just painful, especially coming from the unnatural Fox.
Old 12-30-09, 12:27 PM

I didn't hate this movie as much as everyone else here. It may have been because I was going into this with extremely low expectations. There were definitely worse this year.
Old 12-30-09, 02:09 PM

Watched it last night...and then proceeded to immediately go to movie stop to trade it in. What a fucking piece of garbage. Good thing Megan Fox is smoking hott, because I'm sure anything other actress with this many shit piles on their resume would be out of work by now. At least it was a equal trade in value for the blu of "It Might Get Loud." Now that was a something pretty fun to watch to wash away the stench of Diablo's hammy and hackneyed attempt at horror.
Old 12-30-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am going to assume that the so called "Unrated" tag is a fucking joke right?
Old 12-30-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i guarantee if diablo cody's name wasn't on this and it were to have come out in the 80's everyone would love this movie.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.