DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   If you could meet ANY 5 actors... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/530992-if-you-could-meet-any-5-actors.html)

islandclaws 05-06-08 05:25 PM

If you could meet ANY 5 actors...

Pretty simple. My friend and I quizzed each other on a long, boring car ride. Basically, if you could meet any 5 actors/actresses, living or dead, who would you choose?

1. Charles Bronson
2. Christopher Lee
3. Vincent Price
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. Toshiro Mifune

gmanca 05-06-08 05:33 PM

Great question! I'd want to meet Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, Jeff Bridges, and John Goodman.

If anyone backs out from a meeting, I'd slide Gary Busey in their place!

TheNightFlier 05-06-08 05:44 PM

Clint Eastwood
Burt Lancaster
Christopher Walken
Shintaro Katsu
Peter Cushing

Cardiac161 05-06-08 06:05 PM

1) Toshiro Mifune - want to tell him how much his films with Kurosawa mean to me
2) Bruce Lee - want to see how good he really is and tell him how he has influenced
the motion picture industry
3) Brandon Lee - want to find out how far he could've gotten if he hadn't died
4) Takeshi Kaneshiro - so I can practice my Mandarin & Japanese with him
5) Takuya Kimura - wish he could tell me how can I be as cool as he is

My Other Self 05-06-08 06:13 PM

Christian Bale
Leslie Nielsen
Dan Aykroyd
Clint Eastwood
Christopher Walken

d2cheer 05-06-08 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Pretty simple. My friend and I quizzed each other on a long, boring car ride. Basically, if you could meet any 5 actors/actresses, living or dead, who would you choose?

1. Charles Bronson

First one for me too!!
Kurt Russell
Kevin Smith
Vince Vaugh
Humphrey Bogart

OldBoy 05-06-08 06:24 PM

i met Bill Murray and actually conversed with him, that was great. but, i really don't have a desire to meet the ones i like in person. for some it might ruin the aura they give out and if sour, i might not watch them in the same light.

of course with BM, it makes everything i see him in say "wow! i met him and talked to him about real stuff" which makes it all the more saviory.

devilshalo 05-06-08 06:26 PM

Marilyn Monroe
Robert Shaw
Bruce Lee
Chow Yun Fat
Maiko Yuki

TGM 05-06-08 06:46 PM

Kate Beckinsale
Scarlett Johansen
Natalie Portman
Keira Knightley
and
Jack Daniels

Michael Corvin 05-06-08 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Kate Beckinsale
Scarlett Johansen
Natalie Portman
Keira Knightley
and
Jack Daniels

:lol: I like the way you think.

tommyp007 05-06-08 07:10 PM

Jack Nicholson
Marilyn Monroe
Clint Eastwood
Tom Hanks
George Clooney

Mondo Kane 05-06-08 07:14 PM

Rudy Ray Moore
Haji
Tomas Milian
Miki Sugimoto
Anthony Wong

islandclaws 05-06-08 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Rudy Ray Moore

I met him at a double bill of Black Shampoo and The Human Tornado at the New Beverly. I had him sign my Human Tornado DVD. Wow, did he seem like he was on another planet. Funny as hell, though. He had the crowd rolling with his schtick between flicks. I never stayed for Human Tornado, though, as we ran into Quentin across the street and hung around listening to him for a bit.

rw2516 05-06-08 07:28 PM

Boris Karloff
Peter Cushing
Jeremy Kemp
John Agar
George Lazenby

KillerCannibal, I was lucky enough to meet both Vincent Price and Christopher Lee. I met Price at an art gallery in 1969 when I was 11. He was in town for some art function. I rode my bike there and remember walking in the place and seeing all the adults dressed up in fancy clothes. I immediately felt like I was going to get in trouble. I was the only kid there and it felt like walking into a bar or something. Some guy asked me what I was doing there and I told him I came to see Vincent Price. He had a disapproving look on his face, like 'this isn't the proper time' or something but took me over to meet him. He was very nice about it and shook my hand. I didn't have much to say, I just wanted to get out of there.
I met Christopher Lee at the 1999 Monster Rally in D.C. Flew out there mainly because he would be there. His first appearance was at a book signing. You would walk up, shake his hand and he would sign his autobiography for you. Had a friend take a picture with one of those cheap disposable cameras but none of the pictures came out.
Later that night, at the big event where all the guests were introduced and came out on stage, Mr. Lee was last. Next to last was Michael Ripper. Mr. Ripper was not well and had never been to the U.S. before or attended any horror/sci-fi type convention. When he came out on stage the crowd gave him a rousing standing ovation, cheering him for a good five minutes.
When Christopher Lee followed him out his first words were, "It was always a privledge to have a part in a Michael Ripper film."

Case01 05-06-08 07:59 PM

tracey walters
harry dean stanton
buster keaton
lee marvin
ferris bueller

PopcornTreeCt 05-06-08 08:02 PM

Louise Brooks
Marilyn Monroe
Audrey Hepburn
Ingrid Bergman
Natalie Portman

It's not that I don't want to meet male actors it's just that I only got 5 here to pick from.

chris_sc77 05-06-08 08:05 PM

1. Al Pacino
2. Bill Murray
3. Milla Jovovich
4. Rosario Dawson
5. Anthony Hopkins

tofu 05-06-08 08:48 PM

Isabella Rossellini
Johnny Depp
Spike Lee
Ewan McGregor
Marisa Tomei

The Cow 05-06-08 08:53 PM

Jimmy Stewart
Don Adams
William Shatner
Gene Hackman
Clint Eastwood

Apone 05-06-08 08:59 PM

Rock Hudson
Edward Norton
Naomi Watts
Jodie Foster
John Cazale

FantasticVSDoom 05-06-08 09:36 PM

Kate Winslet
Bruce Lee
Ziyi Zhang
Kristen Bell
Brad Pitt

eiker_ir 05-06-08 09:55 PM

Bruce Campbell
Kurt Russell
George Clooney
Bruce Willis
Stallone

they all seem like cool guys to hang out with

Rival11 05-06-08 10:39 PM

Daniel Day-Lewis
Kurt Russell
Clint Eastwood
Denzel Washington
Bruce Willis (seems like he would be a cool mo-fo to drink with)

Leather Face 05-06-08 11:58 PM

Robert DeNiro
Charelton Heston(rip)
Brad Pitt
Joe Pesci
Keifer Sutherland

B5Erik 05-07-08 12:05 AM

Toshiro Mifune
John Wayne
Humphrey Bogart
Charlton Heston
Clint Eastwood
Timothy Dalton

Oh, was that six? Well, I never could follow directions.... ;)