Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Weekend Box-Office (3/28 - 3/30) : "21" number #1

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Weekend Box-Office (3/28 - 3/30) : "21" number #1

Old 03-30-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
The 1:40 showing of Horton today was pretty much packed. Lots of kids, obviously. Overall was pretty quiet though. Except for one family of 6 who came in thirty minutes after the movie started (I don't know, if I'm paying 50 bucks to take the family to a movie, we're going to see every second of it, as long as they can handle it.)
Old 03-31-08, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
Doomsday and SemiPro are at the dollar movies here. That has got to be a record.

I haven't seen a movie in theaters since Be Kind Rewind but I have passed for Smart People and Street Kings so those will prob be next. Nothing looks that good to me in the theaters.
HA! SemiPro is still $10 here. I Am Legend just left the $10 shows two weeks ago!!

We only have ONE budget theater here.. and it's $3 during the week and $3.50 on the weekends. It's only 4 screens and usually only rotates movies once a month. Bah.

I miss $1 shows.
Old 03-31-08, 08:27 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytripper
Huh!? The guy asked if it's that bad. You first say "It's not". Then "I think it looks funny". Well, I've seen it, and it's not funny. It's more of a romantic comedy. A very very average one at that. And it IS being compared to "Shaun". The studio decided to put "It's 'Shaun of the Dead' meets 'Wedding Crashers'" from some critic on top of the print ad. So they most certainly are trying to cash in on "Shaun".
RFbR has got to be one of the funniest, endearing, all around great movies i have seen in sometime.

i was so surprised at how much i liked it. i think it is just Simon Pegg who oozes with everyman charm. he is a schlub, but one that any man can relate to. this was done so well i thought. i laughed hysterically at parts and it warmed by cockles at others.

i genuinely loved this move and was so happy i saw it. despite the somewhat negative reviews, if you go in with little expectation and really enjoy Simon Pegg for who he is you will love, perhaps not as much as SotD, but i enjoyed it a lot more than Hot Fuzz.

this was one very good movie, done well throughout and Schwimmer couldn't have picked a better debut. i left with giddy delight.