Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Predators in Predator 1 and 2

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Predators in Predator 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by dugan
The tagline I've seen points out that Bill Paxton is the only guy to have been KILLED BY an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator.

I would add that he was the only VAMPIRE to have been killed by an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator.
So has Lance. Wasn't he one of the Vamps in Near Dark?

Terminator 1(Police station) Aliens(Killed by A Queen**), AVP (killed by a Predator)

AND since we're talking Vamps....Vasquez(Jenette Goldstein)...was also in Near Dark with Lance and Bill and although she wasn't killed by an Alien, she died trying to get away from them(suicide explosion in the vent). Hell she's probably the only Vamp to go down on The Titanic(Irish Mother with kids). Don't forget Paxton was in Titanic too.

**I guess one could argue that he wasn't really "killed" since he was an Android and he was revived for a short time by Ripley in Alien3. Wait...hang on....Lance has been killed by an Alien, a Predator, a Terminator AND...A Ripley.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-25-08 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-25-08, 05:00 PM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so the ultimate showdown would be Bill Paxton vs. Lance Henriksen. Match of the titans!
Old 03-25-08, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I had to choose the biggest bad-ass, I'm giving it to the Predator in AVP:R. Young Predator in Predator 2 couldn't even kill Danny Glover... In AVP:R, the Predator took down humans AND Aliens AND the Predalien! That is the very definition of bad-assery!

Plus you got to see him living on the Predator homeworld in AVP:R; that's just bonus points, in my book...
Old 03-25-08, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
**I guess one could argue that he wasn't really "killed" since he was an Android and he was revived for a short time by Ripley in Alien3. Wait...hang on....Lance has been killed by an Alien, a Predator, a Terminator AND...A Ripley.
My interpretation of Bishop at the end of "Aliens" was that he was damaged but still "alive". The crash in (that dream sequence that is commonly called) "Alien 3" is what finally did him in.

I still think Bill Paxton is the winner as he was killed by Aliens, Predators, Terminators...and the killer combo of Pat Benatar and Judge Reinhold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66aqcOsnP2E

In related Bill Paxton news: Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman were in a movie together...actually in the same scene!
Old 03-26-08, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by UAIOE
My interpretation of Bishop at the end of "Aliens" was that he was damaged but still "alive". The crash in (that dream sequence that is commonly called) "Alien 3" is what finally did him in.

I still think Bill Paxton is the winner as he was killed by Aliens, Predators, Terminators...and the killer combo of Pat Benatar and Judge Reinhold!

In related Bill Paxton news: Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman were in a movie together...actually in the same scene!
You're right. He was cut in half but not dead and was even able to catch Newt when Ripley opened the bay doors to outer space. In Alien 3, the prisoners assumed he was trashed since he was such bad shape and threw him into the garbage bin.
Old 03-26-08, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UAIOE

Ok, I'm officially petitioning for it - I wanna see the Predalien from AVP:R kill Bill Paxton in AVP3! He can continue his streak of being killed by cool aliens! Better yet, have the Predalien kill both Bill Paxton AND Bill Pullman - 2 for 1!

I also think they should have Bill Paxton do a commentary on the AVP:R DVD coming out next month... even though he's not in the movie. It would be hilarious - he could just sit there and every time an Alien or the Predator comes on the screen, he could reminisce about all the times he's been killed...
Old 03-26-08, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FRwL
Ok so the ultimate showdown would be Bill Paxton vs. Lance Henriksen. Match of the titans!
Lance would win. In addition to Bill's rogues gallery, Lance has taken on Pumkinhead and Jean Claude Van Damme.
Old 03-26-08, 03:32 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

As others have pointed out, the Predator in the first movie, took out a group of Green Beret's, and all but one of Arnold's team. The one in AVP requiem didn't seem as smart as the one in the first movie.
Old 03-26-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think that most "Predator" stories nowadays have easier to kill Predators.

Originally Posted by MasteroDisaster
Ok, I'm officially petitioning for it - I wanna see the Predalien from AVP:R kill Bill Paxton in AVP3! He can continue his streak of being killed by cool aliens! Better yet, have the Predalien kill both Bill Paxton AND Bill Pullman - 2 for 1!

I also think they should have Bill Paxton do a commentary on the AVP:R DVD coming out next month... even though he's not in the movie. It would be hilarious - he could just sit there and every time an Alien or the Predator comes on the screen, he could reminisce about all the times he's been killed...
To truly be ultimate, it should be Bill Paxton vs. Bill Paxton in a movie. Then he can discuss all the things that have killed him, including himself, then talk about turning into that thing in "Weird Science".