DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Bourne Legacy -- 8/10/12 -- D: Gilroy S: Renner, Weisz, Norton, Allen (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/525951-bourne-legacy-8-10-12-d-gilroy-s-renner-weisz-norton-allen.html)

dsa_shea 10-19-07 09:35 PM

Will we ever see Bourne Again?

I sure hope Matt Damon hasn't completely decided to never do another Jason Bourne movie. What are the odds that we will have another installment?

JumpCutz 10-19-07 10:06 PM

Not with Matt Damon, but with Paul Walker.

Look for:

Bourne Free
Bourne Innocent
Bourne To Be Wild
First Bourne

Coming soon to a theater near you!

stingermck 10-19-07 10:29 PM

Damon Prepared To Take on 'Bourne' Identity Again

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2007-10-18#film4

Matt Damon indicated Wednesday that he would make another Bourne sequel if only to express his gratitude. In an interview in Tokyo with the French news agency Agence France Presse, Damon said, "Personally, the character means a lot to me because the character has done so much for my career. You know, it put me in the position where I have a lot more choices of kind of movies I want to make." He said that if director Paul Greengrass asked him to take on the character again, "then I would do it, too. ... I don't think either of us completely put the character to bed yet."

dsa_shea 10-19-07 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by JumpCutz

Look for:

Bourne Free
Bourne Innocent
Bourne To Be Wild
First Bourne

No Matt Damon = Likely No Sale. Paul Walker is a decent actor but there should only be one Jason Bourne. And Bourne To Be Wild came out last week. It was one of those Girls Gone Wild videos.

MBoyd 10-19-07 10:33 PM

I am holding out for Richard Chamberlein for the recast.

project86 10-19-07 11:30 PM

I don't want to see another Bourne. Ultimatum ended out the series perfectly.
I don't want this to become another Bond franchise.

The Bus 10-20-07 08:30 AM

I would like to see another one in about five to ten years, with an older, established Bourne. He's got a family, a job, maybe a kid. (Wasn't one of the books like this?)

I'm not interested in seeing another lone Bourne-on-the-run movie. We've had three of those already (with Damon).

Doughboy 10-20-07 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
I would like to see another one in about five to ten years, with an older, established Bourne. He's got a family, a job, maybe a kid. (Wasn't one of the books like this?)

I'm not interested in seeing another lone Bourne-on-the-run movie. We've had three of those already (with Damon).

Yeah, I'd prefer a standalone story. I don't mind if Joan Allen and Julia Stiles are back, but enough with the "evil US government" thread. Do something different with the character.

As for whether or not there'll be a 4th Bourne movie, just look at the box office grosses and how many franchises Universal has going right now. You know another entry in the series is coming at some point. Hell, they're doing a 3rd Mummy movie after 7 years and they even picked up the rights to Hellboy 2 after the first one was only marginally successful.

slop101 10-20-07 02:01 PM

If PW's taking over, they should call it Still Bourne... get it? eh. :wacko:

GoldenJCJ 10-20-07 02:13 PM

Agreed! No action series has ever gone wrong with the addition of a kid. ;)

Mysteryfan 10-20-07 02:18 PM

Actually both the Supremacy and Ultimatum books had him married. In Supremacy the government asks him to take on an assignment. That would make a good follow-up story.

Mondo Kane 10-20-07 02:18 PM

So what other "Spelling-Bee" word can they come up with for the sequel's title?

FinkPish 10-20-07 06:39 PM

Bourne Ad Infinitum

dhmac 10-21-07 09:12 AM

Look for:

Bourne Free
Bourne Innocent
Bourne To Be Wild
First Bourne

Hey, you left out the one found in the title of this thread:

"Bourne Again"

Neeb 10-21-07 03:13 PM

Of course we will. And Matt Damon will be back as Bourne.

That third vacation house in the south of France won't pay for itself.

Zodiac_Speaking 10-21-07 05:31 PM

3 was enough. No need to extend this series.

Kudama 10-21-07 05:57 PM

Ludlum is finished, I thought. Maybe Bourne Connection: Basket Case VI?

AGuyNamedMike 10-22-07 08:11 AM

...with Paul Walker.

Look for:

Bourne Fr33
Bourne 2 Be Wild
1st Bourne

fixed.

JayDerek 10-22-07 08:14 AM

As much as I loved the 3 films, I hope they don't make a 4th film. I just don't see where they could go now that would'nt be what's been covered already.

Charlie Goose 10-22-07 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
So what other "Spelling-Bee" word can they come up with for the sequel's title?

The Bourne Redundancy

Doc MacGyver 10-22-07 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by dhmac
Hey, you left out the one found in the title of this thread:

"Bourne Again"

I love it. "Bourne Again", in which our hero finds Jesus, adopts a holier-than-thou/my-shit-don't-stink attitude, alienates his friends and teams up with Kirk Cameron in an attempt to annoy passers-by on the street while simultaneously lobbying politicians to overturn Rowe, ban gay marriage and put the ten commandments on every McDonald's fry container.

-Doc

rennervision 10-22-07 10:22 AM

Not sure why some think part 3 wrapped up the story. Part 3 raised so many questions I would think it was actually the second part of a trilogy. Definitely need to see a part 4.

DVD Josh 10-22-07 10:46 AM

Ludlum might agree with you. These are the only three in the Bourne series that he wrote. Legacy and Betrayal were written by Eric Van Lustbader.

mwbmis 10-22-07 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Ludlum might agree with you. These are the only three in the Bourne series that he wrote. Legacy and Betrayal were written by Eric Van Lustbader.

Yeah, but they only really used the Ludlum titles and the very basic framework of the first book. It's not like they made the Ludlum books into movies. If they come up with a good/believable story I'm on board for a fourth film.

TheMovieman 02-24-08 11:49 AM

The Bourne Legacy -- 8/10/12 -- D: Gilroy S: Renner, Weisz, Norton, Allen

According to Movie Web, which cites Variety, Jason Bourne returns for a fourth outing and says Damon and Greengrass are on board.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/15/26815.php

Enjoyed the series so I'm glad it's going on with Damon.