DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   possible Arrested Development movie in the works (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/524148-possible-arrested-development-movie-works.html)

gmerreighnjr 02-02-08 01:22 AM

possible Arrested Development movie in the works
 
http://tv.yahoo.com/show/35099/news/...M9Gu47UVyAo9EF

let's get this writer's strike over pronto!

geicos27 02-02-08 02:02 AM

I really hope this gets done, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Matthew Chmiel 02-02-08 02:14 AM

Universal interested in making a film based off a failed FOX television show?

Surely, you jest. ;)

JPRaup 02-02-08 02:19 AM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/14...6ed5e368_o.gif
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/206/5...796e531c_o.gif
http://xs322.xs.to/xs322/07495/chicken.gif
http://i32.tinypic.com/iyh2km.gif
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...latzuck/ad.gif

Best show in the history of television.

vman69 02-02-08 02:35 AM

No Touching!!

Zen Peckinpah 02-02-08 10:43 AM


Originally Posted by vman69
No Touching!!

NO TOUCHING!

NO TOUCHING!


I think I just blue a load hearing this.

Brent L 02-02-08 11:07 AM

The only true way to ever celebrate this is by throwing a Bluth family party:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...biasBuster.gif

majorjoe23 02-02-08 11:47 AM

Them?

RichC2 02-02-08 11:48 AM

Really? Are they funny?

Deftones 02-02-08 12:13 PM

God, I would love this if it happened. Even if it was just a direct to video movie. Something. Anything.

RichC2 02-02-08 12:34 PM

Will Arnett, Michael Cera and Jason Bateman are recognizable by larger audiences these days, and even Portia has some pull since she's bonking Ellen. If the movie did come out, I highly doubt it'd go direct to video, maybe go the indie route, but even that I doubt.

SI78 02-02-08 03:23 PM

I'm so thrilled by this news. I hope it happens. If not, my analrapist is going to have some serious trauma to undo.

0073735963 02-03-08 07:30 PM

The best news I've heard in a long time...and now that the writers strike may be over...all I have to say to all of them is:

COME ON!!! Make this movie!

Jackskeleton 02-03-08 07:34 PM


Originally Posted by RichC2
Will Arnett, Michael Cera and Jason Bateman are recognizable by larger audiences these days, and even Portia has some pull since she's bonking Ellen. If the movie did come out, I highly doubt it'd go direct to video, maybe go the indie route, but even that I doubt.


Simple two words that will get this in the hands of Universal..... Ron Howard.

Rypro 525 02-03-08 07:38 PM


Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Simple two words that will get this in the hands of Universal..... Ron Howard.

It could be a movie!

Drop 02-03-08 09:36 PM

Is there a single AD fan who wouldn't see this in the theatres? It's basically money in the bank for universal.

Brent L 02-03-08 09:45 PM

I'm not going to say that it would make a ton of money at the BO, but it would do very well and far better now that the show has been canceled that it would've done back when the show was still airing.

I've recommended this show to many, many people on DVD. To this day, I haven't had one person not flat out love the show, and they all have bought the three season sets on DVD.

If the movie is made, and it hits theaters, not only will I go see it but I'll go see it more than once. :)

Drop 02-03-08 09:46 PM

I'd say it could easily make 50 million, and the movie would only cost 20 million at most. Plus depending on how they market it, it could do a lot better.

GreenVulture 02-03-08 11:37 PM


Originally Posted by Drop
Is there a single AD fan who wouldn't see this in the theatres? It's basically money in the bank for universal.


Originally Posted by Brent L
I'm not going to say that it would make a ton of money at the BO, but it would do very well and far better now that the show has been canceled that it would've done back when the show was still airing.

I've recommended this show to many, many people on DVD. To this day, I haven't had one person not flat out love the show, and they all have bought the three season sets on DVD.

If the movie is made, and it hits theaters, not only will I go see it but I'll go see it more than once


Originally Posted by Drop
I'd say it could easily make 50 million, and the movie would only cost 20 million at most. Plus depending on how they market it, it could do a lot better.

Why does this all sound so...familiar?
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...ty-Posters.jpg

Arpeggi 02-03-08 11:44 PM

Only difference is that AD is a good show.

RichC2 02-03-08 11:52 PM

^^ Agreed.

But yeah, another difference is AD has actors that are recognizable to more than just avid fans of the series. Oh, and comedy is usually a little bit easier of a sell than sci-fi.

But generally I agree, it's still a risk... but I can't wait to give it my money.

tylergfoster 02-04-08 12:00 AM


Originally Posted by RichC2
But yeah, another difference is AD has actors that are recognizable to more than just avid fans of the series. Oh, and comedy is usually a little bit easier of a sell than sci-fi.

More importantly to Universal, it's cheaper. Not that Serenity was a bank-breaker but AD primarily requires the use of five large sets (house, jail, dock, office, apartment). How much could this possibly cost? The biggest cost on a movie is film and despite the leap to the silver screen I see little reason the movie couldn't be shot on digital like the show, thus cutting costs further.

orderandlaw 02-04-08 12:09 AM

But won't the actor that plays George Michael be too old?
He is awesome, but wouldn't they have to make him older than 15?

SoSpacey 02-04-08 12:09 AM


Originally Posted by Drop
I'd say it could easily make 50 million, and the movie would only cost 20 million at most. Plus depending on how they market it, it could do a lot better.



i love AD bu I would say that is EXTREMELY optimistic. 50 million is about what No Country and Sweeney Todd has made and more than Michael Clayton.

add to that it is a TV show that couldn't get ratings as well as that it is not a mainstream comedy and that is not a recipe for 50m.

RichC2 02-04-08 12:16 AM


Originally Posted by orderandlaw
But won't the actor that plays George Michael be too old?
He is awesome, but wouldn't they have to make him older than 15?

It wouldn't be that hard, it's not like he's 30 now... he's a few years older, movie could take place a few years down the line.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.