Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Baby Mama - (Tina Fey, Amy Poehler)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Baby Mama - (Tina Fey, Amy Poehler)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-08, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
People are always shitting on Poehler in the SNL threads but i think think she hilarious. And of course Tina Fey is awesome.
We're shitting on her as we think she's a shitty comedian.

Hell, I think she's even a shitty actress as she plays the same fucking role.

I really like Tina Fey after 30 Rock (I still think she was one of the hands in the overall destruction of SNL), but having Amy Poehler and Dax Shepard in a movie together is the cinematical equivalent of me knowingly walking into a room where I'm about to be cockpunched.

I'm still going to see the movie as girlfriend wants to see it as I've dragged her to such films like The Signal (yay) and Funny Games (nay), but my expectations are on ground-level.
Old 04-27-08, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everytime I watch the trailer, I am literally laughing out loud. The idea of this movie is pure comedy, in my opinion. Like others, I really love Tina Fey's sarcastic acting and I loved Mean Girls (although--from reading above, I guess she didn't actually write this film). I am definitely going to check this movie out.
Old 04-28-08, 12:52 AM

Watched Baby Mama this weekend and thought it was funny/cute. It was worth the matinee price. The movie did have a T.V. production look to it and the score was cheesy but it was fun watching Tina and Amy but you could tell that the Script was NOT written by either of them.
Old 05-20-08, 10:49 AM

Really? Ya, that's what everyone kept highlighting "Tina Fey didn't in fact write the script". I think it's kinda funny hwo Amy P. is actually knocked up now. How cute!
Old 05-20-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Huge Poehler fan.

Enjoyable movie.

-NiCK
Old 08-24-08, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Decent movie, a little too leisurely paced but the comedy hits pretty well in spots.

The Sigourney Weaver stuff was probably my favorite, the old jokes were pretty funny.

"That's right, I'm expecting."

"What are you expecting? A Social Security check?"
Old 09-21-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Just saw the movie. More enjoyable than I thought it would be, but definitely predictable. However I did bust laugh out loud during many parts although the second half did drag a little as they got away from the comedic focus, and suffered through the "now we have to get serious" section.
Old 09-21-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought this movie was terrible. The girlfriend wanted to see it so we rented it from the Redbox, and I don't think I laughed at all. I thought it was going to be more silly stuff with Poehler, but it seemed like the whole thing ended up being played more serious then I expected. I also thought Martin's shtick came off terribly.
Old 11-03-08, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts
This movie was not bad.

I thought Mean Girls was worse since Lindsey Lohan was in that and that was more of a chick flick.

Even though the 2 leads were females it felt less like a romantic chick flick.

I think Poehler could hit it big in the movies since this role was made for her comedic style.