Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Things You Just Noticed...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Things You Just Noticed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,457 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Things You Just Noticed...

I've seen Pulp Fiction a half-dozen times, and I just noticed something. The plot is that Bruce Willis is trying to get out of town and go to Nashville to pick up his winnings. He escapes from the basement of the pawn shop, and is about to go out the front door when he stops and thinks about the situation downstairs. I just noticed that over his shoulder is a license plate from Tennessee.
Old 01-10-11, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
I've seen Pulp Fiction a half-dozen times, and I just noticed something. The plot is that Bruce Willis is trying to get out of town and go to Nashville to pick up his winnings. He escapes from the basement of the pawn shop, and is about to go out the front door when he stops and thinks about the situation downstairs. I just noticed that over his shoulder is a license plate from Tennessee.
Knoxville, not Nashville.
Old 02-03-11, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

watched GROUNDHOG DAY last night and noticed Michael Shannon was the groom in the young couple that was to be married.
Old 02-03-11, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Watched Blazing Saddles last night and just noticed Mel Brooks in the line of criminals!
Old 02-04-11, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

When Marty is filming Doc's dog taking off in the Delorean in BTTF , he actually steps in the fire created by the tires.
Old 02-05-11, 10:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob V
When Marty is filming Doc's dog taking off in the Delorean in BTTF , he actually steps in the fire created by the tires.
Not only does he steps in it, he STANDS in it.
Old 02-14-11, 02:59 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

holy shit. I've never noticed this.

In Modern Times (Chaplin), when the tramp is in jail and after the whole nose powder incident...as the rest of the guys go back to their cell...there's a guy w/ the rest of them clearly walking VERY lady like....I just noticed that. I literally spit out my water when I saw that. Anyone else ever notice that. My eyes are always on Chaplin..so for me..it's easy to miss that...but for some reason...my eyes veered to the side..and BOOM. REVELATION came to be..lol.
Old 03-16-13, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That the staring-down-the-tank scene in Akira was not the allusion to the Tiananmen Square Massacre that I had always taken it as. It seemed that way because the Western home video release came out after the event (which happened on June 4 89). The Japanese theatrical release came out in 1988, and it essentially predicted what would happen in China the following year.

Last edited by dugan; 03-17-13 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-16-13, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watching The Crow and sorta amazed at how much The Dark Knight has from this movie. Ledger looked and sounded like Lee with a little bit more exaggerations. There the scene where Lee walks into the board room with all the criminals... similar to Joker in TDK. But the comparisons don't really end with Lee compared to the Joker, there's a lot with Batman as well. The way he disappears on people all the time. His relationship with Ernie Hudson is the nearly the same as Batman with Gordon. There's also that iconic scene where he lights the Crow symbol in fire on the ground, Batman did this in "Rises" on the bridge. There's also a scene where the main villain is holding the kid up on the roof and he drops her and she goes tumbling down the roof like Maggie did in TDK. Anyway, there's a ton of comparisons.
Old 03-17-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

After seeing the Crow at the movies my friends and I immediately said that was what the first Batman movie should have been.
Old 03-17-13, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by RKillgore
In Ghostbusters, when Egon emerged from under Janine's desk, I always thought he said, "printer's dead". Which would explain why he was under the under the desk and that he was preoccupied with what he was doing and was oblivious to Janine flirting with him. When I realized he says, "print is dead" in response to what Janine said about liking reading, it kind of changed the tone of the scene for me. It makes Egon acerbic rather than absent-minded.
I first saw the movie as a kid and a lot of things went right over my head. I thought Egon said "Prince is dead."

I thought Peter Venkman was screwing up his own ESP test just so he wouldn't have to shock the pretty student but later I noticed the test is to bring out ESP through NEGATIVE reinforcement. So he was actually a good scientist.

Didn't know what the female ghost was doing to Ray until years later.

Didn't realize the whole "key master" and "gate keeper" double meaning.

Didn't notice Egon very subtly telling Peter howuch to charge the hotel manager.
Old 03-17-13, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Speaking of The Crow, the scene where Eric kills T Bird, I didn't know that was a scene that wasn't filmed while Brandon Lee was still alive. You only see Eric's face once briefly but not in the same scene with the actor. Ironically that's one of my favorite parts in the movie.
Old 03-17-13, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In Burtons Batman, The Jokers poison is called Smilex.
When you see Burtons Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the factory the father works at a factory producing the toothpaste called Smilex!
Old 03-17-13, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
I've seen Pulp Fiction a half-dozen times, and I just noticed something. The plot is that Bruce Willis is trying to get out of town and go to Knoxville to pick up his winnings. He escapes from the basement of the pawn shop, and is about to go out the front door when he stops and thinks about the situation downstairs. I just noticed that over his shoulder is a license plate from Tennessee.
It just dawned on me how many Tennessee references are in Tarantino movies. And just read where he's from Knoxville. Why didn't I already know that?
Old 03-17-13, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
When David Hemmings enters the nightclub in Blow-Up, there's a sign on the door with a drawing of a gravestone, and on it the words "Here lies Bob Dylan passed away Royal Albert Hall 27 May 1966 R.I.P.".
Wow, I actually now get what that is referring to. 27 May 1966 was the last date of Bob Dylan's first electric tour with a final concert in Royal Albert Hall. A lot of Folk Music fans hated that Dylan went "electric" instead of staying acoustic and saw him as a traitor (ex. the famous "Judas" moment during this same tour) to Folk Music. So in Blowup, released at the end of 1966, the graffiti "Here lies Bob Dylan passed away Royal Albert Hall 27 May 1966 R.I.P." is some Folk Music fan basically saying "Bob Dylan is dead to me" because he's now electric. I just wonder if the graffiti was already there, or if it was added for the movie?
Old 03-17-13, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On another note, what happened to Noirfan? He had good taste in movies.
Old 09-01-19, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

The Firm - Saw it was just starting on one of the movie channels, so figured I'd turn it on and in the beginning, after Mitch got the job, for a quick moment there's the truck with, I think, bagged cotton in the back. You see it again in the next shot traveling down the street. Anyway, this is the same truck Mitch would land on after jumping out the window to escape after being pursued by Wilford Brimley.
Old 09-02-19, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not something I just noticed, but in The Legend of Billie Jean, there's an "insignificant" scene in which Helen Slater is looking at Christian's profile. Sure, it's kind of a casual look, but it's also the kind of look a dame gives when she's attracted. As a reminder, the "Slater's" are not related.
Old 10-21-19, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I was just watching The Big Lebowski and noticed a random guy casually strolling by in the background of the scene where they scatter Donnie's ashes.

2:43 in the YT video:
yt]Wk61MeDmk2M[/yt]
Old 10-22-19, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 479 Likes on 315 Posts

Watched Frankenstein (1931) last night. Just noticed that during the scene where the monster kills Fritz and hangs his body from the ceiling, when Henry and the doctor re-enter to try and restrain the monster, the hanging body has vanished.
Old 10-22-19, 01:00 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Regarding Lebowski, that’s filmed at Point Doom a very popular spot. The scene may give the feeling that they went to a remote spot to spread the ashes, but they didn’t. It is very much in keeping with that spot that there would be hikers, tourists, etc.
Old 02-27-20, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts

I’m a 40 year old man who grew up loving everything Star Wars.

It wasn’t until the last few weeks when I was rewatching the series and introducing the movies to my son, that I realized the Death Star they were building in Return of the Jedi was a completely different Death Star than the one that blew up in Star Wars.

For some reason I always assumed the one from Return of the Jedi was just the original Death Star that was being rebuilt.
Old 02-27-20, 09:30 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Full of independent contractors.
The following users liked this post:
Jay G. (02-27-20)
Old 02-27-20, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ

It wasn’t until the last few weeks when I was rewatching the series and introducing the movies to my son, that I realized the Death Star they were building in Return of the Jedi was a completely different Death Star than the one that blew up in Star Wars.

For some reason I always assumed the one from Return of the Jedi was just the original Death Star that was being rebuilt.
I have questions. One of which is how could you think that and also did you think they went out into space and collected all the pieces and tried to put them back together?
Old 02-27-20, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ

Well, considering Rise of the Skywalker shows huge chunks of that last Death Star, maybe they were able to salvage chunks from the first one. I think I saw bits flying away in the original film.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.