DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Anyone know which trailers will be shown during the Super Bowl? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/523510-anyone-know-trailers-will-shown-during-super-bowl.html)

Lucas McCain 01-25-08 10:13 AM

Anyone know which trailers will be shown during the Super Bowl?

I was hoping Indiana Jones might but I saw it was being released Feb. 15th and that's after the Super Bowl. Anyone know?

True_Story1011 01-25-08 10:48 AM

most likely Indiana Jones.

Mittman 01-25-08 10:55 AM

In recent years there have been less and less big summer tentpole trailers. I'd guess the majority will be spring releases. I'd say that these have a good shot:

Jumper
10,000 BC
Drillbit Taylor
Leatherheads
Narnia
Semi Pro
Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
You Don't Mess with the Zohan
Hancock

True_Story1011 01-25-08 10:58 AM

how about a Wall-E trailer...

Shannon Nutt 01-25-08 11:30 AM

Iron Man
Semi Pro
Hancock
You Don't Mess With The Zohan
and either Wall-E or Prince Caspian (Disney is still deciding which to air)

Sadly, no Indy trailer...the teaser for which won't even be in THEATERS until mid-February.

TGM 01-25-08 11:34 AM

No idea, but always find it interesting when they've shown commercials for feminine hygiene products during the superbowl... way to hit the target demo...

raven56706 01-25-08 11:42 AM

Meet the Spartans

RichC2 01-25-08 11:45 AM

retooled Batman trailer perhaps?

aJOHNymous 01-25-08 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
No idea, but always find it interesting when they've shown commercials for feminine hygiene products during the superbowl... way to hit the target demo...

I'd actually rather see those than all of the E.D. commercials. Makes it look like no man in America can pop wood without popping a pill. Sad. -ohbfrank-

RockStrongo 01-25-08 12:12 PM

Im really surprised we havent seen an Indy trailer yet....cant wait to see it.

Mittman 01-25-08 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2

Too soon for that. Warners will use the spot for 10,000 BC instead.

NiCK Crush 01-25-08 01:18 PM

retool it to what?

-NiCK

Jackskeleton 01-25-08 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Im really surprised we havent seen an Indy trailer yet....cant wait to see it.

Comes with The Spiderwick Chronicles

cardaway 01-25-08 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

Actually there are a lot of women who stick around and actually pay attention to the commercials.

Mercury&Solace 01-25-08 04:54 PM

Here is an official list from a reputable source.

Sadly no Indy IV.....

Around eight movie-related promotional commercials are scheduled to air during February's Super Bowl XLII for a record $2.7 million-$3 million per 30-second spot reports Variety.

Paramount and Marvel's "Iron Man", Sony's Will Smith actioner "Hancock", Adam Sandler comedy "You Don't Mess With the Zohan", and New Line's Will Ferrell comedy "Semi-Pro" are all confirmed to be airing promos during the game.

Universal, Warner Bros. and Fox also have bought time in the game but declined to disclose which films they would push. Disney is still considering which movies to offer, though it's likely to be a choice between "Wall-E" and "Prince Caspian."

Paramount will also do a promo for the comedy "Drillbit Taylor" during the pre or post-game show.

IMO Semi-Pro looks like crap, but hey thats just my opinion :)

OldBoy 01-25-08 05:26 PM

i don't think they will be promoting this for a long while. besides, this one doesn't need it so much and they will respect Heath and his family now.

Jackskeleton 01-25-08 05:34 PM

they've been promoting it for some time already. There was a very extensive ARG for Batman that had to do with The Joker recruiting thugs. A teaser trailer and a lot more.

PopcornTreeCt 01-25-08 07:58 PM

I hope there's at least a Batman or Iron Man trailer.

HE Pennypacker 01-25-08 11:37 PM

There is speculation that Shyamalan's The Happening will be seeing some light during the big game.

fumanstan 01-26-08 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I hope there's at least a Batman or Iron Man trailer.

I guess you didn't read the post 3 above you. :p

PopcornTreeCt 01-26-08 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I guess you didn't read the post 3 above you. :p

I didn't. I saw it after I posted. Still want to see another Joker-centric Batman trailer.