Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Film Posters thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Film Posters thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-08, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Bummed that I missed out on The Thing, Boogie Nights (Legs), and 2001 A Space Odyssey posters. Wish I would have known about these posters before now.

I just snatched up the 3 for the "Man With No Name" trilogy. Do you know if they send matching numbers when you buy them as a set?
No idea. I actually ordered my two before they put up the third poster and the three pack - trying to change my order now.
Old 06-07-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didn't post about the Set B Dollars trilogy poster set - although it's mighty purty too, but this Dawn of the Dead poster is the kind of thing a lot of folks here would kill for.

and metallic variant

edit. - at mondotees.com
Old 06-07-08, 06:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tuan Jim, just letting you know that I am holding you responsible for this new sickness of mine.

I love these posters. They look so much better in person. Since you brought these up a few weeks ago, I have obtained:

Big Trouble in Little China (Tyler Stout)
The Thing (Red)
Blade Runner (Green)
Leone Trilogy (First set)
The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly (Set of 3 by Billy Perkins)
Dawn of the Dead

I want to obtain:
King Kong
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Shining

I like the regular versions over most of the variants.
I noticed that they will be doing a special showing of Superman some time this summer. I wonder if they will have a poster for it?
Old 06-13-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won't be picking up this one but some folks here might be interested in it:

The Terminator

Definitely a different take than the usual for a film like this.
Old 06-13-08, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
I dunno, I just use the cheap $20 frames from Walmart for my 27x40 posters.
Same here. I only have posters of The Searchers and Star Wars framed, but I consider the Wal-Mart jobs perfect for my tastes. But I reckon if I had rare/expensive posters, maybe I would look into another option.
Old 06-13-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I love these posters. They look so much better in person. Since you brought these up a few weeks ago, I have obtained:
where did you find these?? I'm definitely looking for that THING poster
Old 06-13-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JayDerek
mondotees.com

Not sure if they still have The Thing in stock but it's worth looking.

I've been getting some of these custom print posters framed at a local shop that has a special this summer (although I'm not sure I'll be able to get them all done this way) - the size isn't a standard 27x40 though. I'm also pissed that the decent frame I picked up at ikea is actually something like 39 1/2 x 28 or something - not quite long enough to fit a standard movie poster - and a little too wide - wtf. Major pain in the butt. I might be able to use it with the included matte to frame a smaller print though - it's a real hassle trying to find one that fits 11x17 properly as well.

Last edited by Tuan Jim; 06-13-08 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-15-08, 01:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JayDerek

The Thing is gone. Only place to find it now is on Ebay. The last one ended a couple days ago for over $250. Most have been going around $100 to $150.
I picked up Blade Runner, The Thing, and Big Trouble on Ebay compliments of G-Dub.

Some of the posters that are sold out on Mondotees, are still available directly on the artist's websites. Most of Tyler Stout's are gone though.

2001 is still available on thebirdmachine.com. This poster is amazing in person.
Old 06-15-08, 01:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
Didn't post about the Set B Dollars trilogy poster set - although it's mighty purty too, but this Dawn of the Dead poster is the kind of thing a lot of folks here would kill for.

and metallic variant

edit. - at mondotees.com

This poster is canceled. I got an "item has shipped" email, but in the special notes it said payment refunded. Checked out their site, and the mall showing has been canceled. Shame, that would have been a nice poster. Undecided on The Terminator poster.
Old 06-15-08, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Infuriating that these were canceled. I just saw this thread and was heading over there to order one.
Old 06-15-08, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This poster is canceled. I got an "item has shipped" email, but in the special notes it said payment refunded. Checked out their site, and the mall showing has been canceled. Shame, that would have been a nice poster. Undecided on The Terminator poster.
i was kicking myself for not ordering one a week ago when i went there yesterday to find they were no longer available. maybe there's hope they'll reprint them or something down the line because that poster is amazing and DOTD is my 2nd all time favorite movie so hopefully i can get my hands on one.
Old 06-15-08, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
maybe there's hope they'll reprint them or something down the line
Doesn't look good for this to happen. The guy who commissions these posters for the Alamo Drafthouse posts on gigposters.com. In the thread about this poster, he stated that they even tried to print the posters for charity after the cancellation, but no dice.

I definitely share the frustration with y'all.
Old 09-10-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Two more joining the ranks today:

Very nice quality reproductions of French Videodrome and Italian Scanners posters. I'm planning to get these dry matted and framed in a few days, and then work backwards (as funds permit) through the rest of my posters to have them matted, as well.
Old 09-10-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Two more joining the ranks today:

Very nice quality reproductions of French Videodrome and Italian Scanners posters. I'm planning to get these dry matted and framed in a few days, and then work backwards (as funds permit) through the rest of my posters to have them matted, as well.
where'd you get these? i'd kill for that VIDEODROME one.
Old 09-10-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oh and monodotees.com has a new one up...

Old 09-10-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

where'd you get these? i'd kill for that VIDEODROME one.
Been getting all my posters from MovieGoods these days; they're part of the hefty Live.com rebate program, too, which is what prompted my order.
Old 09-10-08, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Been getting all my posters from MovieGoods these days; they're part of the hefty Live.com rebate program, too, which is what prompted my order.

Those posters are sweet. Is there anything that differentiates them from originals though? I have wondered how they can get away with reprinting so many different film posters.

By the way, anyone see the Tron poster that Mondotees put up for sale for one day. They put it up for sale around 11:00pm Saturday night, with a note saying that they were removing it at noon on Monday. They were gone before 6:00pm on Sunday. They didn't have any left over to sell at the actual showing. Mine came in today. WOW! 9 colors and it glows in the dark. Just google "Alamo Tron poster" and you can see it.

I like the simplicity of the Gate poster too, but I will pass on it since I like the larger sized posters.

If they ever make an A L I E N poster...

Last edited by Lt Ripley; 09-10-08 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-10-08, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
Anyone know if the Comic Con set of 4 posters to The Spirit are the same as the theatrical and double-sided? I'd prefer to just buy a set rather individually and so far have only found the Comic Con ones as a set.
Old 09-28-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

2 new ones from mondotees.com:

Old 12-08-08, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

just picked this up from allposters.com:

Old 12-08-08, 08:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I found this link a while ago where people had made a bunch of posters and paintings for an event they were having for the Shining. Being that it's my favorite movie, I had to pick one up. It's numbered to 177 and signed by the creators. I got mine the other day and love it...Btw, here's the link for the other amazing paintings. http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/09/...ibute-artwork/

Old 12-09-08, 04:21 PM

I'm glad I found this post. I'm interested in getting a few posters for my game room here and I just want to make sure I don't get complete crap but at the same time i'm not looking to break the bank.

I found this DARK KNIGHT POSTER on Moviegoods.com for $29.99. Is this a good quality poster. I just plan on sticking it in the frame and hanging it up.

Can somebody let me know if this is cool?
Old 12-09-08, 04:23 PM

While we're at it, that Dark Knight poster said "27 x 40 Movie Poster" and this INCREDIBLE HULK POSTER says "DS 1 Sheet Movie Poster" ..... I don't understand any of this. What's the difference?
Old 12-09-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ConVerse
I'm glad I found this post. I'm interested in getting a few posters for my game room here and I just want to make sure I don't get complete crap but at the same time i'm not looking to break the bank.

I found this DARK KNIGHT POSTER on Moviegoods.com for $29.99. Is this a good quality poster. I just plan on sticking it in the frame and hanging it up.

Can somebody let me know if this is cool?

save yourself some money: http://www.allposters.com/gallery.as...537B8C91E1449C
Old 12-10-08, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Dude prob wants a real 27x40 movie poster, not some resized reprint.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.