Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock The Bells -the Movie (a Great Documentary!)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-08, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw this documentary. REALLY enjoyed it..found this review on Chud.com.

Anyone else seen it???

Review from chud.com:

"The film ends up being about more then just a concert documentary. It's about the persistence of three people keeping more then 10,000 people happy. The directors weave this thread in and out of the history of the Wu-Tang Clan and how important they are to the fans and to the hip hop industry.

The Package

Quite an array of features to choose from, all of them worthwhile. All of them seem like they would have been in the documentary had they not had to whittle the over 200 hours of footage into an hour and 40 minutes.

Whether you're a fan of hip hop or not, this is a fascinating documentary, and one worth finding if you can. The power of Ol' Dirty compels you."

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-OIFJI-0L0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-OIFJI-0L0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 01-20-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was lucky enough to be there. It was so fuckin hot that day / night. It must've been over 100 degrees in that auditorium. Iriscience ( Dilated Peoples ) & myself did an interview about Unity, an underground club ( from the mid-90's ) that showcased many of the acts that performed that night. What an experience, I haven't seen the film yet but would like to re-live that musically historic night.
Old 01-20-08, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
I was lucky enough to be there. It was so fuckin hot that day / night. It must've been over 100 degrees in that auditorium. Iriscience ( Dilated Peoples ) & myself did an interview about Unity, an underground club ( from the mid-90's ) that showcased many of the acts that performed that night. What an experience, I haven't seen the film yet but would like to re-live that musically historic night.
OMG!!! The whole time i was watching it, i kept thinking how dope it would have been to be there!

You gotta get the dvd...the extra features are crazy!!!!