Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Open Caption at the Theater

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-07, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some friends and I went to go see Walk Hard and when we got there it was the open caption version. Well we went anyways, why not? Not a good idea. Every punchline was ruined cause you read it before, no matter how hard you tried to avoid it. It didn't help the film reel was fucked up. It kept flashing orange every 10 seconds or so for about 30 minutes or so. Also I don't think there were ANY deaf people there. Anyone have any other experience with (OC)?
Old 12-29-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went once...completely had no clue it was closed captioned. I made it about five to ten minutes before going to another movie. It drove me NUTS!!!!
Old 12-29-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dcprules
I went once...completely had no clue it was closed captioned. I made it about five to ten minutes before going to another movie. It drove me NUTS!!!!
Ah, that's not closed caption - it's open caption.

I went to few of it, but not very often. One thing I hate going to open caption movie when the theatre is full - too much distracted. The last time I went was Harry Potter OP (on a weekday, during the daytime), the theatre was basically empty - it's perfect and peaceful.

But... orange flashing? I don't see any orange flashing.