DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Movies that have a scene like this (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/520936-movies-have-scene-like.html)

SkipKassidy 12-26-07 11:08 AM

Movies that have a scene like this

A friend of mine asked me if I knew of any movies (preferably B&W) with a scene where a kid is holding up a newspaper and yelling "Extra! Extra! Read all about it."

Well, still recovering from Christmas shenanigans I was stumped. So I'm looking for some examples.

SuicycoDave 12-26-07 11:34 AM

I'm pretty sure there's a couple of scenes like that in Angels With Dirty Faces.

The Infidel 12-26-07 11:35 AM

First one that comes to mind is Johnny Dangerously.

GuessWho 12-26-07 11:39 AM

Newsies?

Anubis2005X 12-26-07 01:24 PM

There's a scene kinda like that in Some Like It Hot, only he doesn't say "read all about it."

JCWBobC 12-26-07 02:24 PM

The Batman movie with the Penguin had a guy selling papers and I think he said "Extra, Extra" but I don't know whether he said "read all about it".

superdeluxe 12-26-07 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by SkipKassidy
A friend of mine asked me if I knew of any movies (preferably B&W) with a scene where a kid is holding up a newspaper and yelling "Extra! Extra! Read all about it."

Well, still recovering from Christmas shenanigans I was stumped. So I'm looking for some examples.

I want to say Swingers for some reason.

MScottM 12-27-07 08:35 AM

I think there are scenes close to that in "Mr Smith Goes to Washington".

Bobby Shalom 12-27-07 09:51 AM

Quote Search
Here are the quotes containing extra extra read all about it

1. "Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island!" (2005)

Coconut Fred: Extra, Extra! Mr. Greenrind denies booger farming. [shouts] Read all about it! [throws a newspaper at Mr. Greenrind]

2. "Grey's Anatomy" (2005) {Let It Be (#2.8)}

Dr. Meredith Grey: In the eight grade my English class had to read Romeo and Juliet. Then for extra credit, Ms. Synder made us act out all the parts. Sal Scafarillo was Romeo and as fate would have it, I was Juliet. All the other girls were jealous, but I had a slightly different take. I told Ms. Synder Juliet was an idiot. For starters she falls for the one guy she knows she can't have, then she blames fate for her own bad decision. Ms. Synder explained to me that when fate comes into play choice sometimes goes out the window. At the ripe old age of 13 I was very clear that love, like life, is about making choices, and fate has nothing to do with it. Everyone thinks it's so romantic. Romeo and Juliet, true love, how sad. If Juliet was stupid enough to fall for the enemy, drink the bottle of the poison and go to sleep in a mausoleum. She deserved whatever she got!

3. "Monkees, The" (1966) {The Devil and Peter Tork (#2.20)}

Micky: [dressed as a newsboy] Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Rock and roll group gains fame and fortune by introducing harp into act!

4. "That '70s Show" (1998)

Eric: Extra. Extra. Read all about it.

5. Happy-Go-Nutty (1944)

Screwy Squirrel: [At the bottom of the cliff, holding a newspaper] Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Dumb dog falls for corny old gag! Extra! [Meathead lands] Paper, mister? [Hands Meathead paper; headline reads "Sucker!"]

6. Overnight Delivery (1998)

Ivy: Extra, Extra. Read all about it. Kim can shake her pom-poms but she won't go at it! Extraaa. Extraaa.