DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Did Morgan Spurlock find Bin Laden in new documentary? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/519259-did-morgan-spurlock-find-bin-laden-new-documentary.html)

aJOHNymous 12-05-07 02:33 PM

Did Morgan Spurlock find Bin Laden in new documentary?

I can see this getting moved to the political board at some point, but regardless - this thread is about his upcoming documentary and what is supposedly shown in it.

Source:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22115291/

Did Morgan Spurlock find Osama bin Laden?
15 minutes of footage shown at film fest sparks bidding war, speculation
MSNBC News Services
updated 1:59 p.m. ET, Wed., Dec. 5, 2007

Rumors are flying that filmmaker Morgan Spurlock of "Super Size Me" fame may have done what the United States government has failed to do for the last six years — find Osama bin Laden.

The speculation first began at the Berlin International Film Festival in February, where Spurlock showed a select group of potential buyers 15 minutes of footage from his new documentary, "Where in the World Is Osama bin Laden?" The film follows Spurlock through the Middle East in his search for the elusive leader of al-Qaida. According to Slashfilm.com, The Weinstein Co. quickly snapped up the picture after seeing the clips.

Adding to the belief, Daniel Marracino, the film's director of photography, is quoted in Variety, saying of the movie, "We've definitely got the Holy Grail."

Whether this is just a genius publicity ploy or if Spurlock actually found bin Laden has yet to be revealed, but the answer should come next year, when the documentary is slated to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.

Imagine what a slap in the face to the US Government this would be if he actually caught him on film.

IMHO - I think it's a publicity stunt.

Mopower 12-05-07 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by jpoppe

IMHO - I think it's a publicity stunt.

Of course it is. Even if Spurlock had found him I would hope he would do what any American should. Try to choke the motherfucker.

pinata242 12-05-07 02:37 PM

I found a leaked screenshot of said footage:

Seriously, what good is that footage now or even later when it is released other than saying he was, at some point, alive and visible.

The Bus 12-05-07 03:05 PM

If he had found him, Spurlock's tape would be in government hands right now.

Charlie Goose 12-05-07 03:07 PM

Much to Spurlock's horror, Bin Laden was photographed eating a Big Mac.

DeltaSigChi4 12-05-07 03:16 PM

Spurlock will now be sent to Gitmo, indefinitely.

http://obeygiant.com/merch/Revised-POW.jpg

E

BJacks 12-05-07 05:17 PM

I heard he caught Osama spending 30 days with a family of Israeli Jews.

GoldenJCJ 12-05-07 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
If he had found him, Spurlock's tape would be in government hands right now.

You're assuming the government can find the tape.

mhg83 12-05-07 06:41 PM

if morgan really did find bin laden and has a tape, can he be arrested for not reporting it to the government?

FinkPish 12-05-07 07:18 PM

I just saw him at the LAX airport when I was coming home from Thanksgiving. I should have asked him.

Groucho 12-05-07 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I just saw him at the LAX airport when I was coming home from Thanksgiving. I should have asked him.

Why was Bin Laden walking around LAX unaccosted?

FinkPish 12-05-07 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Why was Bin Laden walking around LAX unaccosted?

Fuckin' Political Correctness. People didn't want to make an awkward scene.

animatedude 12-05-07 08:04 PM

oh dear....you americans dont get it.Osama Bin Laden doesn't exist.but you guys voted for Bush twice,so you will never understand.

keep tuning on Oprah and FOX news crap.

PopcornTreeCt 12-05-07 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude
oh dear....you americans dont get it.Osama Bin Laden doesn't exist.but you guys voted for Bush twice,so you will never understand.

You and wm lopez should hook up.

Kicker_of_Elves 12-06-07 07:05 AM

:lol:

DVD Josh 12-06-07 08:33 AM

Oprah and Fox News: Together at Last.

SoSpacey 12-06-07 08:58 AM

where are you from so I can point out the number of times "we americans" bailed you out from becoming 'lil germany?

Doc MacGyver 12-06-07 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by mhg83
if morgan really did find bin laden and has a tape, can he be arrested for not reporting it to the government?

No. You can only be compelled to testify or offer evidence if you are <i>actually</i> compelled by a court order or subpoena. Short of that, you can't get in trouble for simply not reporting something. Besides which, International law is extraordinarily dicey since most of it hasn't been written yet. El Presidente NumbNuts can stand in the press room and scream that Osama is wanted dead or alive until false patriotism starts oozing out of his ears, but it doesn't change the fact that he has no power to order you to do anything about it.

...yet, anyway :rolleyes:

-Doc

movielib 12-06-07 09:36 AM

Spurlock couldn't find his head in his ass where it's permanently lodged so I doubt it.

dugan 12-06-07 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
Of course it is. Even if Spurlock had found him I would hope he would do what any American should. Try to choke the motherfucker.

And then turn his remains in for the millions of dollars of reward money.

Spurlock's new movie sounds like a ripoff of The September Tapes.

DeltaSigChi4 12-06-07 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by movielib
Spurlock couldn't find his head in his ass where it's permanently lodged so I doubt it.

You must eat at McDonald's everyday.

E

movielib 12-06-07 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
You must eat at McDonald's everyday.

E

I hardly ever eat at McDonald's. But when I do I don't eat like Spurlock did in his moronic film, the way no one in his or her right mind would, and then blame McDonald's for the consequences.

BravesMG 12-06-07 10:36 PM

Zodiac 4 Life!#@@#@!!!!!!

DeltaSigChi4 12-06-07 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by movielib
I hardly ever eat at McDonald's. But when I do I don't eat like Spurlock did in his moronic film, the way no one in his or her right mind would, and then blame McDonald's for the consequences.

It was the McDonald's executive who claimed that McDonald's manure was perfectly good for you. So he ate it exclusively. Should be enough to prove that it isn't, but you'll be surprised. Some people hate HIM for it. Like you.

E

Boba Fett 12-06-07 10:45 PM

Morgan Spurlock has a meth dealer mustache.