Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ever came so close to seeing a movie in the theaters but didn't and regret it?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ever came so close to seeing a movie in the theaters but didn't and regret it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D. I really wanted to watch that but I went and watched Darjeeling Limited instead then I never got around to going to the theater again since I was so turned off by my theater experience during Darjeeling Limited (see General behavior at movie theaters thread if you're curious).
Old 12-03-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most recently, Zodiac.
Old 12-03-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Disney's Dinosaur.

When it was in pre-production, I had read it was going to be done along the lines of an old Disney-style pseudo-documentary (like the original Incredible Journey) with a Rex Allen type voiceover, and I was really looking forward to it. Then I learned it was going to have "talking" dinosaurs (like the Incredible Journey remake) and I completely lost interest. With the exception of Babe, I've found talking animal flicks to be total turn-offs.

A year later I picked up the DVD (to round out my Disney collection) and decided to view it just out of curiosity. What a surprise. Despite the turn-off of the talking dinos, it was visually stunning. The opening sequence must have incredible on a big screen. I could kick myself for not seeing it in a theater.
Old 12-04-07, 08:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon2
Disney's Dinosaur.

When it was in pre-production, I had read it was going to be done along the lines of an old Disney-style pseudo-documentary (like the original Incredible Journey) with a Rex Allen type voiceover, and I was really looking forward to it. Then I learned it was going to have "talking" dinosaurs (like the Incredible Journey remake) and I completely lost interest. With the exception of Babe, I've found talking animal flicks to be total turn-offs.

A year later I picked up the DVD (to round out my Disney collection) and decided to view it just out of curiosity. What a surprise. Despite the turn-off of the talking dinos, it was visually stunning. The opening sequence must have incredible on a big screen. I could kick myself for not seeing it in a theater.
not only the opening, but the meteor shower/destruction scene was hair raising, intense and LOUD.
Old 12-04-07, 11:45 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
The re-release of Alien several years back.