Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

TERMINATOR: Salvation (aka T4)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

TERMINATOR: Salvation (aka T4)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-13, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TERMINATOR: Salvation (aka T4)

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Where'd you get the idea that Star is so harrowed by war that she can't speak. If McG said it, fine but the film gives no allusion to it. Maybe she just can't speak?
I read it in an article a while ago, but I can't find the source anymore.

I hated her so much. Being the little girl that can sense them. Stupid.
I never took it as her being psychic, just paying more attention because she doesn't speak. Think about Simon Baker's character in "The Mentalist".
Old 06-10-13, 07:51 PM

Rewatched this last night (hadn't seen the DC before)

I enjoyed it a lot more than when I saw it originally, maybe because my expectations were gone and I could just enjoy it for what it was: a half decent action flick. I liked the terminators, I thought they were done well. I especially liked the motorcycle terminators and the scene involving Conner where he uses a trip wire to steal the bike after baiting them in with the Guns N roses song from T2. maybe it wasn't that subtle of a reference, but for me it was less shoe horned than literally just reusing a line of dialogue from t1/t2 like "ill be back"

the movie really falls apart for me when Marcus is talking to skynet on that giant screen. the scene is just so badly written and comes across as so unconvincing and trite, I really hate that scene.
Old 06-10-13, 07:52 PM

Rewatched this last night (hadn't seen the DC before)

I enjoyed it a lot more than when I saw it originally, maybe because my expectations were gone and I could just enjoy it for what it was: a half decent action flick. I liked the terminators, I thought they were done well. I especially liked the motorcycle terminators and the scene involving Conner where he uses a trip wire to steal the bike after baiting them in with the Guns N roses song from T2. maybe it wasn't that subtle of a reference, but for me it was less shoe horned than literally just reusing a line of dialogue from t1/t2 like "ill be back"

the movie really falls apart for me when Marcus is talking to skynet on that giant screen. the scene is just so badly written and comes across as so unconvincing and trite, I really hate that scene.