Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Final Destination 4 -- In 3-D

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Final Destination 4 -- In 3-D

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-09, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Final Destination 4 -- In 3-D

Just got back and thought it was good/cheesy entertainment.
Old 08-29-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked it enough - pretty terrible dialogue and the new inclusion of the lead having premonitions for ALL DEATHS was totally weak and poorly executed, but overall it was fun enough in 3D to be worthwhile... I don't think it's very great if it's not in 3D though and certainly the weakest in the series I think...but the credit sequence with the x-ray vision of many of the previous films death's was super cool.
Old 08-29-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I saw it today and I thought it was an ok movie.
Old 08-30-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its an enjoyable bad movie, like the other 3 are, but was fun and entertaining, like the other 3. The 3D was pretty cool. After this, I saw Halloween 2, and boy, does that make this look all the better.
Old 08-31-09, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I liked it enough - pretty terrible dialogue and the new inclusion of the lead having premonitions for ALL DEATHS was totally weak and poorly executed, but overall it was fun enough in 3D to be worthwhile... I don't think it's very great if it's not in 3D though and certainly the weakest in the series I think...but the credit sequence with the x-ray vision of many of the previous films death's was super cool.
I agree with all you said. I didn't like the lead seeing all the deaths either, #3 was more fun with the pictures of the victims and trying to figure out the hints. Still, there was some fun sequences.

Spoiler:
I liked how the scene in the beauty parlor had a bunch of different death set-ups going on simultaneously, the broken chair, the ceiling fan, the hair goop on the floor, the ominous shots of the scissors, the burning hair spray, etc, only to have them all fail and have the earlier set-up with the rock take the woman out. Felt bad for her kids though!

Spoiler:
And I have to admit, I forgot all about the cowboy until he was mentioned again at the end.
Old 08-31-09, 10:07 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Saw this yesterday with my mom and GF...enjoyed it (as they did).
Old 08-31-09, 10:10 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Did anyone catch that the opening title credit has the deaths from the first 3 films in 3D? Thought that was a great nod to the series (among a few other things, like Clear Rivers water)
Old 08-31-09, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Didn't like this one at all - it was more annoying than not - and it had the worst 3D of any modern 3d flick I've seen. Kind of sucks when something with minimal 3d potential like My Bloody Valentine 3D has vastly superior 3D to something with awesome 3d potential like this.
Old 08-31-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Didnt care for this one. First the kills werent very inventive or creepy as they were in the first and second movies. The 3D wasnt the best and the actors were pretty horrible, everyone except the black guy who was decent, the rest were pretty bad. The Effects were pretty lousy either.

It wasnt a awful movie, there was a couple fun scenes but overall it was pretty weak.
Old 09-02-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
it's too bad the deaths in this entry didn't get as suspenseful or downright crazy as that of the prior sequels.
The wife and I just got back from seeing this. It was alright but what you said here was the biggest drawback for me. There was no suspense whatsoever in the deaths. The only one that had a hint of it is the one you mentioned in your spoiler. That reminded me of the other movies. The rest didn't come close.

Also, the 3-D effects weren't really anything special IMO. The set pieces at the beginning and the one at the mall were both effective but the 3-D aside from that really wasn't what I was hoping for.
Old 09-03-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw it. Meh. Pretty dumb, even for a film like this. Weak kills, horrible CGI, terrible acting. Well, that last one is to be expected, but Ellis failed to make this entry half as enjoyable as part 2. Plus, the ending blew. Doubt I'd pick this up on Blu.
Old 09-04-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Saw this last night in 3D and I thought it was pretty cool.

Although, I thought the 2 lead men (Bobby Campo and Nick Zano) were horrible. Zero charisma and no chemistry with their female leads.

I liked the 2 girls though. Thought Shantel VanSanten (the lead's GF) was decent and IMO she would have made a better lead character. If your a fan of One Tree Hill, she's going to be a series regular this fall playing Haley's sister.

Some of the 3D effects were pretty good and comparible w/ My Bloody Valentine. As for the death scenes. Not really suspensful, but I thought they were still pretty gruesome.

I agree with ^ the ending did suck. But, I think I will revisit this on DVD or Blu Ray.
Old 01-07-10, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

watched this tonight in 2d (as ballbuster only had the 2d version for rent) Only death that was really any good was
Spoiler:
the mom getting the ball through the eye
Rest of the movie blew. The CGI was really bad too, especially during the opening Nascar sequence. If number 5 is more of the same, i'll prob pass. And prob Number 2 is my fave of the series.
Old 02-26-10, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Finally caught this last night. I enjoyed it for the most part, even though I agree with most everyone here. The deaths weren't suspenseful at all, or even all that creative. I didn't like the lead having multiple premonitions. The acting and dialog was shoddy and characters weren't acting logistically in the least. Who goes to the movies an hour after your best friend dies?

However, I enjoyed the homages to the first film (deja vu! ) and the theater scene seemed like it was ripped right from the commercials promoting the first movie. I LOVED the opening credit sequence as well as the final sequence done in x-ray style.

I did enjoy it more than part 3 though.

So final rankings: 2, 1, 4, 3
Old 02-27-10, 02:54 AM
Banned

I thought this movie was horrible!

The CGI was atrocious and the worst in the series.
Lame opening (the highway accidents in Part 2 were some of the best on screen at the time)
The 3-D was a distraction.
The acting was abysmal.... Makes the cast in Part 1 look award winning in comparison. At least some of them went places in their careers after. I highly doubt we'll be hearing from any of the actors in this film ever again. They were awful!

One of the worst films of '09.

Bomb!
Old 02-27-10, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Cocacoladude78
I thought this movie was horrible!

The CGI was atrocious and the worst in the series.
Lame opening (the highway accidents in Part 2 were some of the best on screen at the time)
The 3-D was a distraction.
The acting was abysmal.... Makes the cast in Part 1 look award winning in comparison. At least some of them went places in their careers after. I highly doubt we'll be hearing from any of the actors in this film ever again. They were awful!

One of the worst films of '09.

Bomb!
Shantel VanSanten who played the leads girlfriend is now on One Tree Hill and she has actually been really good on that show. Her acting has improved alot since she made this movie.
Old 02-27-10, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I absolutely hated this movie despite rock bottom expectations. Even the weak third entry was way ahead of this one. I really only liked
Spoiler:
Krista Allen's
death was that's the only suspenseful and rather playful sequence in the whole movie. The rest was lots of noise but zero intensity and even less fun. It was the loudest snoozefest ever.
Old 02-28-10, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

We got this movie awhile back and I think it sucks unwiped assholes. I ws bored about halfway through it despite the somewhat creative kill sequences.
Old 02-28-10, 05:04 AM
Banned

Seen this at the dollar show and felt like I overpaid.