Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

YART - Rob Zombie to remake C.H.U.D.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

YART - Rob Zombie to remake C.H.U.D.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think he exhibited enought of a personal style in The Devil's Rejects that he should continue to pursue his own projects - i was under the impression that Halloween was his "one for them so i can do one for me" project and i looked forward to something original from him for his next pic - CHUD !?! - sheesh - that being said, if we get more of Sherri Moon Zombie's bottom in any movie, i'm all for that.
Old 11-08-07, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers = C.H.U.D

You mean "Contaminated Hazard Urban Disposal"?
Old 11-08-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please tell me that he'll have an unconvincing redneck family with crappy home lives. PLEASE tell me that it will *crossing fingers*

Oh, what am I worried about. It's Rob Zombie's movie. Of course it will!
Old 11-08-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
This film doesn't sit well with his style of cinematography.
I cant imagine any way to make C.H.U.D. a dark, grainy, scuzy, dirty, 70-ish style exploitation-ish.......this movie is all wrong for him.
It is Hollywood moves like this that make me hate remakes even more.No need for any reason and no need for someone like Rob Z to be doing it.
And another thing...........no Daniel Stern - NO SALE!!!
Old 11-08-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Seantn
Please tell me that he'll have an unconvincing redneck family with crappy home lives. PLEASE tell me that it will *crossing fingers*

Oh, what am I worried about. It's Rob Zombie's movie. Of course it will!
I'm pretty sure the CHUD people will be the rednecks. I think he should just call it Hicks in the City.

Originally Posted by VHS?
This film doesn't sit well with his style of cinematography.
I cant imagine any way to make C.H.U.D. a dark, grainy, scuzy, dirty, 70-ish style exploitation-ish.......this movie is all wrong for him.
It is Hollywood moves like this that make me hate remakes even more.No need for any reason and no need for someone like Rob Z to be doing it.
And another thing...........no Daniel Stern - NO SALE!!!
Your right, no one has ever been able to use a different cinematographic style from one film to the next.

Last edited by Drop; 11-08-07 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-08-07, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
So he blew it and officially lost what little creditability he had left as a horror director...who cares? Here's the real scoop:

Jay Thomas (who had a small cameo in the original alongside John Goodman) reading and butchering my email this afternoon concerning the remake of "C.H.U.D.":

Download JayCHUDemail.wav (26 MB)

Eddie LeBec wished a horrible Staph infection upon me!

Last edited by Chad; 11-08-07 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-09-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw this at another forum and thought I would bring it here.

ROB ZOMBIE Not Directing Remake Of 'C.H.U.D.' - Nov. 9, 2007

The Pulse of Radio reports: Despite stories spreading on horror movie news sites across the Web, Rob Zombie is not directing a remake of the '80s horror B-movie classic "C.H.U.D." An article at Billboard.com reported on Tuesday (November 6) that Zombie was tentatively set to helm the project for a 2009 release, but a spokesperson for his management confirmed to The Pulse of Radio exclusively that the unsourced information was "not true." "C.H.U.D.", a low-budget 1984 shocker about mutated vagrants (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers, to be exact) living under the streets of New York, has been the subject of remake speculation.

Zombie did say earlier this week in a call with reporters that he is in the early stages of planning his fourth feature film as a director, but hasn't set a timetable for making it. "You know, right now I don't know how that's gonna be because, like, the writers just went on strike and the directors will go on strike soon, so I'm not sure how that whole world's gonna pan out," he said. "Right now is really the worst time to try to plan the next year."

Zombie would not reveal any other details of his next film project, except to say that it's "not a horror movie."

He also said that he hopes to make a new studio album in 2008.

Zombie just released his first concert CD, titled "Zombie Live", and is currently on the road with Ozzy Osbourne. They play in Billings, Montana on Friday night (November 9).

Zombie's scored a box office hit in September with his remake of the 1978 horror classic "Halloween". The DVD arrives next month.
Old 11-09-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^ Good. Let's see some more original work, Rob. I know he's got more great films in him, hopefully he can pull of another Devil's Rejects and make everyone forget about Halloween. Well, everyone that hasn't already.