Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Love for "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" (2001)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-07, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm way past the age where I should be watching this kind of children's entertainment but having watched it I can't help but feel that the imagination and good humor displayed in a project like this more than compensate for any perceived default in the CGI animation quality. I had a good time watching it and watch it again every once in a while to get into a good mood...

Now is that so bad? (Let the mud slinging begin.)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIluNrM_pOw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIluNrM_pOw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 11-05-07, 08:56 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
let me respond by saying this movie has a lot of charm and imagination -
Old 11-05-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I love most movies that remind me of what it was like being a kid, the sense of nostalgia and creativity that has long since been missing.

Good times.
Old 11-05-07, 04:52 PM
Suspended

This movie reminds me of what I would have liked my childhood to be... But I guess I just didn't have the equipment.
Old 11-06-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I've never seen the movie, but have been subjected to more than one of the episodes of the series... and I was less than impressed. Very cliched, predictable storylines, esp considering it concerns a boy genius. Done far better years ago with Dexter's Laboratory.
Old 11-08-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I used to enjoy watching this show every now and then. I liked the light-hearted nature of it. Maybe since I'm such a self-professed horror film nerd that something that's a complete change of pace like this is welcomed. I'd probably pick the movie up if I could get it for less than $8.
Old 11-08-07, 03:35 PM
Suspended

I've only glanced at the TV show and find there is something missing from it, compared to the film. Must be the more elaborate story, the glossy special effects and the high definition...