DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   WANTED Trailer Up (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/515895-wanted-trailer-up.html)

The Valeyard 10-31-07 12:44 AM

WANTED Trailer Up

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/180987...tandardformat/

Based on the comic by Mark Millar & J. G. Jones.

Starring: Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Terence Stamp and Thomas Kretschmann.

Directed by: Timur Bekmambetov.

thegame370 10-31-07 03:44 AM

Looks ok, nothing spectacular tho....

Zen Peckinpah 10-31-07 05:23 AM

Well, this does NOT look like what the comics are apparently about at all. And after Crank and Shoot 'Em Up, this movie looks to pale in comparison. Seriously, if I made a movie like this, it would look more Peckinpah-influenced than Wachowski-ripped, no bullet time, no Angelina Jolie, etc.

Seriously, it looks like Uwe Boll had his hand in remaking Remo Williams, and I can't think of a better comparison for this. I can't be the only one who thought this looked straight out of Dr. Toilet Boll's ass.

Jackskeleton 10-31-07 07:32 AM

Yeah, that trailer and the comic couldn't be further from being connected to each other.

This basiclly looks like Matrix-lite.

tylergfoster 10-31-07 12:00 PM

I don't know anything about the comic but I love me some Timur Bekmambetov. Those who had seen Night Watch/Day Watch should have expected the trailer to look like this. I think it looks like a blast.

maingon 10-31-07 12:12 PM

wow looks pretty cool. Angelina Jolie looks great.

DVD Josh 10-31-07 02:17 PM

I don't know anything about the book, and movie looks totally and completely miscast, but still pretty damn cool.

RyoHazuki 10-31-07 02:25 PM

Ewww. Looks pretty damn bad.

When is Morgan Freeman gonna get out of his rut?

Also Night Watch was about the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen so I have very little hope for this.

The Antipodean 10-31-07 03:02 PM

I recall how incredibly awful the comic was (particularly the shit ending where Mark Millar basically slapped his readers in the face), so not much interest in seeing this.

Sessa17 10-31-07 04:00 PM

I also thought the comic was terrible, even not being a fan of the comic, I find it annoying changing the film to "assasins" instead of about "villains".

The only thing worse to me than Angelina Jolie in a movie, is Angelina Jolie performing any kind of action, I just cringe all over hearing her spounting lame dialogue & pouting all the time, so that plus Morgan Freeman playing the same character he always plays, & the fact that my brain can't handle watching any more movies with slow-motion bullets in them anymore. This isn't even worth a rental.

maingon 10-31-07 04:38 PM

suprised on the negative comments, I think it looks pretty cool and I like Angelina Jolie in these type of roles.

Jackskeleton 10-31-07 05:39 PM

I agree with Sessa. I'm really really tired of Jolie. I don't get the appeal of the lips look and find her to be a strain in any film I've seen her in. I thought the comic was meh but this looks simply awful.

toddly6666 11-01-07 02:10 AM

It looks like Timur found a good make-up artist for Jolie. This is the first movie in which Angelina Jolie is overall made up nicely, looks hot and nothing physically awkward about her:

Gia: skanky looking
Bone Collector: bad dyke hair
Girl, Interupted: skanky looking
Gone in 60 Seconds: awful dyed hair
Tomb Raider: crazy fake pokey boobs
Tomb Raider 2: crazy pulled-back scalp hair
Life or Something Like It: crazy Maryln Monroe look
Alexander: well, she looked like a queen (i'm mainly talking temporary)
Sky Captain: well, not bad with an eye patch and military outfit
Mr. & Mrs. Smith: too conservative/plastic-looking in this one
Good Shepard: not into 1950s look
Mighty Heart: looked good, but was physically playing someone else

I haven't seen Beyond Borders, Pushing Tin, Taking Lives, or Original Sin to comment.

Gunde 11-01-07 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
It looks like Timur found a good make-up artist for Jolie. This is the first movie in which Angelina Jolie is overall made up nicely, looks hot and nothing physically awkward about her:

She looks way to skinny in this to be hot

Superboy 11-01-07 04:19 AM

Loved the comic but the movie appears to have very little of the same meaning.

I can just imagine a straight translation of comic-to-film and seeing the message just ZOOM right past everyone's head.

Giggles 11-01-07 05:29 AM

There are very few Russian directors you'd expect a good movie from. Timur Bekmambetov is definately not one of them. Night Watch/Day Watch were enough to realize that.

maingon 11-01-07 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by toddly6666

Gia: skanky looking
Bone Collector: bad dyke hair
Girl, Interupted: skanky looking
Gone in 60 Seconds: awful dyed hair
Tomb Raider: crazy fake pokey boobs
Tomb Raider 2: crazy pulled-back scalp hair
Life or Something Like It: crazy Maryln Monroe look
Alexander: well, she looked like a queen (i'm mainly talking temporary)
Sky Captain: well, not bad with an eye patch and military outfit
Mr. & Mrs. Smith: too conservative/plastic-looking in this one
Good Shepard: not into 1950s look
Mighty Heart: looked good, but was physically playing someone else

I haven't seen Beyond Borders, Pushing Tin, Taking Lives, or Original Sin to comment.

Taking Lives is the movie she looks the best in.

Doughboy 11-01-07 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by maingon
Taking Lives is the movie she looks the best in.

What about Hackers and Pushing Tin? She looked pretty hot in both.

ytrez 11-01-07 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Superboy
Loved the comic but the movie appears to have very little of the same meaning.

I can just imagine a straight translation of comic-to-film and seeing the message just ZOOM right past everyone's head.

So what was the message of the comic book?

heimerSWT 11-01-07 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I don't know anything about the comic but I love me some Timur Bekmambetov. Those who had seen Night Watch/Day Watch should have expected the trailer to look like this. I think it looks like a blast.

:up: Right there with you.

toddly6666 11-01-07 10:42 AM

This is just the teaser, im sure Timur has got a lot of visual eye candy he ain't showing til ya see the movie.

LorenzoL 12-02-07 12:09 AM

This trailer didn't do anything for me.

d2cheer 12-02-07 08:58 AM

That looks horrible... Too bad I like Freeman, at least he has Gone, Baby Gone and the Bucket List to redeem himself this year.

Tarantino 01-08-08 02:34 AM

Hmmm...I think it looks pretty good.

This Russian director sure knows how to do visual effects work. Night Watch was stunning, I expect nothing less from this one.

= J

DullandWitless 01-08-08 06:03 PM

Ugh...