Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

THE RESCUERS: BERNARD & BIANCA versus THE SECRET OF NIMH: Which one do you prefer?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

THE RESCUERS: BERNARD & BIANCA versus THE SECRET OF NIMH: Which one do you prefer?

Old 10-28-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know they are two totally different movies and there is a 6-year difference between them, but when I was a kid, I always associated these two films closely together. When I was a child, I remember thinking about these two films, and I was always merging them together in my mind. I always knew there was a scarier one out of the two, but I wasn't sure which one. I just bought the DVD of Bernard & Bianca recently and now i'm curious to watch Secret of Nihm again. On the surface, Bernard & Bianca is a pretty charming flick, but for a Disney flick, I thought the basic premise is pretty creepy - almost sounds like a Tim Burton film to me: A creepy woman and a slobby dude kidnap/threaten a poor innocent orphan girl whom they use as a slave to search for a diamond in a claustraphobic well. And she gets taken to some run-down house in a middle of a swamp in the middle of nowhere. And the orphan fantasizes about being adopted. Pretty heavy things for a Disney flick, that I didn't notice when watching as a child. I haven't seen it in ages but I'm assuming that it was THE SECRET OF NIMH which was the much scarier/darker one.

Now that most people in here are adults, which one do you prefer more?

Last edited by toddly6666; 10-28-07 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-28-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Even though they both star mice, I like them both. Secret of NIMH is definitely darker of the two, but that's why i like it. Creeped me out a bit as a kid, but I really appreciate it for what it is today. Actually, I think I prefer Rescuer's Down Under to the original movie, but truth be told, haven't seen the original in some time. I'll have to see it again...
Old 10-28-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ANUBIS, do you think RESCUERS DOWN UNDER is worth buying? (the anamorphic version of course). It's a good disney movie? Another disney movie that I have avoided seeing for ages is Treasure Planet. I had assumed it was going to be as bland/uninteresting as Titin A.E. I had bought the DVD at a garage sale for $1 a year ago and only last week I finally got around to watching it, and it turned out to be one of the best recent Disney films I've seen. I think I like it more than Alladin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast.
Old 10-29-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tough call, I love them both! Rescuers wasn't as heavy as NIMH.
Old 10-29-07, 07:19 PM

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by toddly6666
I think I like it more than Alladin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast.
blasphemy
Old 10-30-07, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rescuers Down Under is underrated. Definitely better than the first film.