DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Zac Efron : What is the Appeal? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/515076-zac-efron-what-appeal.html)

Buckleyesque 10-22-07 07:28 AM

Zac Efron : What is the Appeal?

Can someone please explain to me the appeal of Zac Efron?

When I was growing up the male icons were New Kids on the Block, Tommy Puett, Tommy Page, Richard Marx, but at least all of those looked remotely like men (or boys, at least).

This Efron person looks at best like a 50 yr old woman post surgery. It is way too freaky to look at him with a straight face. Has anyone been made to sit through High School Musical 2? There is a solo song there where he literally dances like a drag queen, striking all these 'Vogue' poses. Hilarious.

Charlie Goose 10-22-07 08:46 AM

I will be the first of many to say,

WHO?

marty888 10-22-07 08:49 AM

A more interesting question might be:

<i>Why would someone have such an intense aversion to him?</i>

animatedude 10-22-07 08:53 AM

man...this guy is so hot it hurts.

argh923 10-22-07 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I will be the first of many to say,

WHO?

Agreed. I've never heard of him.

paradicelost 10-22-07 01:44 PM

my kids love him, i almost hate going into their room since i hate looking at him. I always joke with my 12yr old and call him vasdefron. she doesn't get it but i find it funny.

The Bus 10-22-07 02:06 PM

Who?

toddly6666 10-22-07 02:47 PM

Are these High School Musical movies as good as a real high school musical?

fujishig 10-22-07 02:54 PM

Yeah, I would say you're asking this question in the wrong forum. Can the mods please move this to the preteen girl forum? And remember, Chris Hanson is watching...

Palaver 10-22-07 03:05 PM

I don't know who this Zac dude is but :lol: at the concept of the New Kids on the Block being held up as the standard for manliness.

TheNightFlier 10-22-07 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Palaver
I don't know who this Zac dude is but :lol: at the concept of the New Kids on the Block being held up as the standard for manliness.

They're male icons :lol:

DonnachaOne 10-22-07 03:58 PM

He's cute and he can sing and dance. What's not to get?

Toad 10-22-07 04:13 PM

I'd wager there's no appeal if you're not a teenage girl. If you're not a teenage girl, or don't have a teenage girl in your house (as a daughter)..., and don't subscribe to US Weekly or Teen People, then it makes sense you wouldn't know about him.

DRG 10-22-07 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Toad
(as a daughter)

Ha

Drexl 10-22-07 04:28 PM

You've seen him if you've seen Hairspray. He's the guy who causes Tracy to hear the bells.

mdc3000 10-22-07 04:37 PM

I thought he was fine in Hairspray...I'm not a fan or something but I have nothing against the guy.

GuessWho 10-22-07 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Agreed. I've never heard of him.

Have you seen the pictures of the High School Musical girl? Well, this guy is the one who gets a piece of that in real life.

calhoun07 10-22-07 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Have you seen the pictures of the High School Musical girl? Well, this guy is the one who gets a piece of that in real life.

Yeah, and I am tapping Rachel Bilson's ass.

Zac would rather tap Ian McKellen's ass. I heard Zac "broke up" with Vanessa after the nude photos hit the Internet, probably because he realized she didn't have a dick.

Their "relationship" is nothing more than a publicity stunt to sell copies of High School Musical.

argh923 10-22-07 07:00 PM

Nope, sure haven't. I stay away from that HSM nonsense. I saw five minutes of it, and thought it was five minutes of the dumbest programming in television history.

JumpCutz 10-22-07 10:29 PM

:lol: Zac is gayer than christmas.

riley_dude 10-23-07 12:21 AM

They had an article on him in Entertainment Weekly a few months back and they were saying he will have to do something to set himself apart from his cotton candy roles or he will end up just another teen heart throb that disappears in 3 years.
He is hiding the whole gay thing so it doesn't hurt his fan base. Much the way Clay Aiken does.

Charlie Goose 10-23-07 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Their "relationship" is nothing more than a publicity stunt to sell copies of High School Musical.

Like how Walt Disney forced Tommy Kirk to date Annette Funicello despite the fact that he would rather have been with Frankie Avalon?

Giles 10-23-07 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
:lol: Zac is gayer than christmas.

no, no, no, it's 'gayer than a picnic basket'

starseed1981 10-23-07 12:11 PM

Who the fuck is Zac Efron?

PopcornTreeCt 10-23-07 01:56 PM

Pics??