Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else tired of juvenile movies like Mr. Woodcock and Balls of Fury?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no desire to see either of these movies, but do adults actually find these funny? Who writes these, jr. high students?

Mr. Woodcock...I get it... Wood....cock.... And the poster of him holding basketballs by his balls .

And Balls of Fury's artwork...two ping pong balls and paddle....It looks just like a penis!!

Last edited by Lee Harvey Oswald; 09-16-07 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ironically, both films were sitting on the shelf of their respective studios.

Mr. Woodcock was delayed for over a year by the studio and massive reshoots were done at the last minute.

Balls of Fury was delayed twice causing a six month gap from it's original planned release date to Labor Day.
Old 09-17-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Maybe these movies aren't being targeted to sophisticated adults. Maybe they are being targeted to kids with a lot of expendable income, looking for a way to get away from their parents, and cop a feel while texting their friend in the next theater.
Old 09-17-07, 12:55 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Copping a feel while texting a friend? Those are some dexterous kids!
Old 09-17-07, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd like to see "Balls of Fury" it looks kinda funny.

Sometimes you are just in the mood for a silly and entertaining movie.
Old 09-17-07, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
On that note I'm also getting tired of threads with massive amounts of smiles.

Usually when I get tired of one thing I don't bother paying attention to them when they are released. This way those who do want to see them get an option to see it and I get to live the rest of my life.
Old 09-17-07, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
No. I'm not tired of them because...Pssst...come close so you can hear me... no one is forcing me to see them.
Old 09-17-07, 06:46 AM

I know, no one is forcing me to see it. But I do see the ads/reviews on this site and others. And I see commercials for them while watching sports.
Old 09-17-07, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
I know, no one is forcing me to see it. But I do see the ads/reviews on this site and others. And I see commercials for them while watching sports.
...and?
Old 09-17-07, 06:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So?
Old 09-17-07, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
No. I'm not tired of them because...Pssst...come close so you can hear me... no one is forcing me to see them.

Giantrobo, you are hereby ORDERED to go see Woodcock and the Balls thing IMMEDIATELY.
Old 09-17-07, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Wow. If that's the toughest thing you have to go through and need to worry about then your life is insanely easy.

So you see ads for it. Boo freak'n hooo. The real trick here is that someone is watching it and making it produce cash and thus it gets more of that sort of film made. It's not you. Deal with it and learn to ignore it. I dislike taco bell. Just cause I have to drive by them all the time doesn't mean I should suggest they stop running. Different strokes for different folks.

Besides, don't you have Tivo? Can't you just skipped those ads if they are really causing such hardship in your life?
Old 09-17-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,464 Likes on 931 Posts
Evidently, you entertain yourself in places where the marketing departments think the sort of people who would like these movies entertain themselves.

If you want to avoid the ads for this sort of movies, spend more time at sites like www.theeconomist.com and watch Masterpiece Theater instead of football.
Old 09-17-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I enjoyed Balls of Fury. It may be a juvenile movie but it does spoof many classic kung fu films. On top of that, it references the 1988 Olympics! A lot of kids nowawadays don't know what a Grimace is. For that matter, most of them don't know Grimace is a who not a what.

True story...my 19 year old co-worker has no clue who the Hamburglar, Grimace, Mayor MacCheese, and Goldie are. I had to explain to her that Ronald McDonald has friends in his world and those are the inhabitants.
Old 09-17-07, 11:57 AM

Tired of them? Not really. If it's not something I want to watch, like Balls of Fury, I simply just don't watch them.
Old 09-17-07, 12:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
"Anyone else tired of juvenile movies like Mr. Woodcock and Balls of Fury?"

simple one word answer: yes

and you wonder why the MPAA took so long it getting the joke and then trying to ban the title on the movie poster: 'South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut' - what douches.

Last edited by Giles; 09-17-07 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-17-07, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Audience doesn't seem tired. Careers have been built on these types of movies. Look at Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Will Forte, Owen Wilson, and Ben Stiller just to name a few.
Old 09-17-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm tired of suffering through the trailers when seeing other fare.
Old 09-17-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Right but maybe if Mr. Woodcock was never made, then just maybe Eastern Promises would be playing at my theatre instead. Just maybe.
Old 09-17-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Right but maybe if Mr. Woodcock was never made, then just maybe Eastern Promises would be playing at my theatre instead. Just maybe.

nah, that movie theater would just be out of business since the general public seems to want to watch those sorts of films.
Old 09-17-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
nah, that movie theater would just be out of business since the general public seems to want to watch those sorts of films.
Sad but true. But I'm with Lee Harvey with the annoying ads/trailers/etc. Like walking past a 10 foot display for "Mr. Woodcock" coming out of "Death at a Funeral". I just wanted to punch it. Actually, I think I did. Anyway, yeah, as long as people keep paying to see that shit, Hollywood (who whoever) will keep making it. Same with those awful "American Pie" straight to DVD sequels.
Old 09-17-07, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Wow. If that's the toughest thing you have to go through and need to worry about then your life is insanely easy.

So you see ads for it. Boo freak'n hooo. The real trick here is that someone is watching it and making it produce cash and thus it gets more of that sort of film made. It's not you. Deal with it and learn to ignore it. I dislike taco bell. Just cause I have to drive by them all the time doesn't mean I should suggest they stop running. Different strokes for different folks.

Besides, don't you have Tivo? Can't you just skipped those ads if they are really causing such hardship in your life?
Geez, go overboard much?
Old 09-17-07, 06:32 PM

Need more cock and balls.
Old 09-17-07, 06:45 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Jesus Christ, yes. I thought crap like that was juvenile when I was 12.
Old 09-17-07, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Juvenile movies won't go away anytime soon.

What I am tired of is that any big role Billy Bob Thornton lands these days is a rehash of his Bad Santa character. (Astronaut Farmer excluded, because that wasn't really a major motion picture).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.