Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
And he's the right age to play Indiana Jones' son in the movie...it wouldn't have been too much of a stretch. I think he has a better look for the role than Shia.
Not a chance. There aren't enough teenage girls who think he's dreamy.
Old 01-06-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Draven
Not a chance. There aren't enough teenage girls who think he's dreamy.
Well, if they are trying to market a new Indiana Jones to teenage girls, count me out. That totally derails from what the movies have been.
Old 01-06-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brack
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IXCK1EyP4s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IXCK1EyP4s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

OMG that video was annoying as hell, I never even freaking noticed how much he said Nooo No no no no no no no nooo no.......

I am holding out until I see him in Crystal Skull. I don't think he is a terrible actor, and i don't think he hurt Transformers that much.

I just don't know about him in a new Indy franchise, black leather jacket and all.....makes me cringe.
Old 01-06-08, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Meh. Transformers rocked. Shia worked fine. There wasn't really anything special about his character. It'd be interesting to see if he can play something more complex.

I guess Speilberg likes Shia. If we're going to see him in these big tentpole movies, and is being backed by a big producer, he's just going to get bigger and bigger.

That being said - I hope that Indiana Jones doesn't take the route of The Terminator movies. You know, people begging to see more and more. So they give us more quantity, less quality.
What he said. I have no problem with Shia.
Old 01-06-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Well, if they are trying to market a new Indiana Jones to teenage girls, count me out. That totally derails from what the movies have been.
No other reason to cast Shia LeBouf as far as I can see.
Old 01-06-08, 04:12 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IXCK1EyP4s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IXCK1EyP4s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
THANK YOU!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Once I realized he was doing it so much it became incredibly distracting, pulling me out of the movie. You could make a Shia "No no no no no no no no no" drinking game but you'd die of alcohol poisoning before the movie was over.

I don't hate him; in fact he can be quite likable on screen. Someone just needs to tell him to reign in the nonos.
Old 01-06-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
I know it won't happen now that they have apparently cast the role of future Indy, but I always thought this actor could have made an excellent Indiana Jones:

And he's the right age to play Indiana Jones' son in the movie...it wouldn't have been too much of a stretch. I think he has a better look for the role than Shia.
Old 01-06-08, 06:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by redskull
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Once I realized he was doing it so much it became incredibly distracting, pulling me out of the movie. You could make a Shia "No no no no no no no no no" drinking game but you'd die of alcohol poisoning before the movie was over.

I don't hate him; in fact he can be quite likable on screen. Someone just needs to tell him to reign in the nonos.
Shia didn't write the movie.

Anyway, I'm not sure why everybody's getting so excited. The original article says nothing about this -- it's just wild speculation, that's it.
Old 01-06-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like Shia. I hope he's spared the criticism this movie will receive from the internet. Indy seems like a holy grail franchise for so many fanboys out there. I love Raiders but can't even watch the other too. Aside from the Transformers, I thought he was the best part of the movie.
Old 01-07-08, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Which cast would that be? Short Round? Indy's Dad? Kate Capshaw? They were all in one movie.
I meant not having Harrison Ford in it, as he was the main character of Raiders, now for SW, the main characters were Hammil, Fisher and Ford, and without the three of them, it wouldn't be the same.
Old 01-07-08, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Groucho
Shia didn't write the movie.

Anyway, I'm not sure why everybody's getting so excited. The original article says nothing about this -- it's just wild speculation, that's it.

You think they put NO NO NO NON ON ON ONONONONONONO in the script? More than likely Shia doing his part to put some staple reaction and making it a drinking game to fully enjoy the movie with.
Old 01-07-08, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I am already having a tough enough time swallowing another Indiana Jones, as excited as I am. I really despise Shia LaBeouf, who not only brought down Transformers a few notches (not that it was high in the first place), but when I saw him co-hosting the pre-show at the MTV Movie Awards he came off like a complete douche. I sincerely hope Ford carries most of Crystal Skull, because having Shia one-step behind him the entire time will just make me cry.
He came across as an excited fanboy during the pre-show because that's what he is in real life. He made "Disturbia" better than it had a right to be, and he didn't sink "Transformers" which he could have easily done. I've shared a dinner and cigarette break (the smoker's bond) with the kid, and he's a genuinely nice guy. Just keep him away from Rite-Aids.

Last edited by BJacks; 01-07-08 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-07-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You think they put NO NO NO NON ON ON ONONONONONONO in the script? More than likely Shia doing his part to put some staple reaction and making it a drinking game to fully enjoy the movie with.
And do you think Spielberg will allow that shit?

Last edited by Drop; 01-07-08 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-07-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Realistically, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade both had some fairly annoying elements to them. River Phoenix Indy springs to mind. I can't see him fall into that boxcar full of snakes without making a Viper Room joke.

Spielberg is an amazing director, and he's made fine movies featuring annoying actors before. I can't imagine a road movie starring robots played by Haley Joel Osment and Jude Law working for any other director.
Old 01-07-08, 10:54 AM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts
Originally Posted by Drop
Old 01-07-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts
Since Harrison Ford has aged nearly 20 years since Last Crusade, the new flick is taking place nearly 20 years from Raiders.

Now, Nathan's great... but there's no way he passes for a 20 year old.
Old 01-07-08, 11:39 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The only problem I have with this actor is that you sound like an Italian stereotype when you talk about him. "Shia is in the new Indiana Jones movie. It's-a me, Mario!"
Old 01-07-08, 09:30 PM

Oh man why did I have to see the nonono video. I won't ever be able to watch him now without noticing it. I really, really hope it doesn't happen in the new Indy movie or it will completely distract me from the film.
Old 01-08-08, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho
I'm glad the internet wasn't around in 1984... can you imagine the pages and pages of posts whining...

"A kid in Raiders 2? A kid named Short Round? No way!! We can't have a kid drag Indy down! How heinous is this? Gag me with a spoon! Spielberg is raping my childhood while I'm still in it! Waaaah!"
And they would've been right.
Old 01-08-08, 12:18 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
And they would've been right.
Old 01-08-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
I could not stand this kid for the longest time, especially after seeing him on Project Greenlight. Something about him just rubbed me the wrong way.

Now, I suppose as a product of him being "shoved down our throat", I've definitely grown much more fond of him as an actor. I don't know how well he'd be able to carry on Indiana Jones, or an Indy-like franchise, but his presence certainly wouldn't keep me away from watching or embracing them.
Old 01-08-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll also wait until Indy 4 comes out before judging him as a possible successor. I like Shia, usually, so I think he could do good in this film. As for him taking over the franchise? Not so sure about that one. That franchise belongs to Ford, so anyone else stepping into the series on the big screen won't be sitting well with me, regardless of how much/little I like them.
Old 01-08-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I like Shia. I hope he's spared the criticism this movie will receive from the internet. Indy seems like a holy grail franchise for so many fanboys out there. I love Raiders but can't even watch the other too. Aside from the Transformers, I thought he was the best part of the movie.

Same here, after Temple of Doom I was stunned when a third was made.

The new Indy won't make as much as everyone thinks anyway... so a 5th won't happen.
Old 01-08-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

never noticed that he says it so much.

btw; is there a indy 4 trailer out yet?
Old 01-08-08, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Originally Posted by Drop
Actually, more people need to tell Spielberg "no".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.