Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Shia.
Old 01-06-08, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I am already having a tough enough time swallowing another Indiana Jones, as excited as I am. I really despise Shia LaBeouf, who not only brought down Transformers a few notches (not that it was high in the first place), but when I saw him co-hosting the pre-show at the MTV Movie Awards he came off like a complete douche. I sincerely hope Ford carries most of Crystal Skull, because having Shia one-step behind him the entire time will just make me cry.
Pass me your towel when you're done.

There are just some people you get a negative vibe from. He's one of them.

Not that my opinion matters.

I'm another one that thought three was a good number to end the series on. When they added this jackass it didn't do much to change my mind.
Old 01-06-08, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by Layziebones
I like Shia.
Same here. I don't get all the hate. But then again, it is the internet....
Old 01-06-08, 03:52 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Layziebones
I like Shia.
Old 01-06-08, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like Shia, but I also liked Michael J. Fox and Ralph Macchio at the time too. I think Shia is gonna be the equivalent of these two actors...
Old 01-06-08, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I like Shia, but I also liked Michael J. Fox and Ralph Macchio at the time too. I think Shia is gonna be the equivalent of these two actors...
Michael J. Fox and Ralph Macchio have had similar careers? You might want to rethink that statement. Or did you just mean how much you like them?
Old 01-06-08, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't mean careers...i meant them all being boy-men.
Old 01-06-08, 04:15 AM

I didn't mean careers...i meant them all being boy-men.
Gotcha. I dunno, Shia doesn't look like this anymore:

Old 01-06-08, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here he is now...He's a man-boy:
Old 01-06-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
I'm glad the internet wasn't around in 1984... can you imagine the pages and pages of posts whining...

"A kid in Raiders 2? A kid named Short Round? No way!! We can't have a kid drag Indy down! How heinous is this? Gag me with a spoon! Spielberg is raping my childhood while I'm still in it! Waaaah!"
Old 01-06-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GuessWho
I'm glad the internet wasn't around in 1984... can you imagine the pages and pages of posts whining...

"A kid in Raiders 2? A kid named Short Round? No way!! We can't have a kid drag Indy down! How heinous is this? Gag me with a spoon! Spielberg is raping my childhood while I'm still in it! Waaaah!"

On the money, man.
Old 01-06-08, 09:24 AM
Banned

I think Shia is an ok actor but the studios (really just Paramount/Dreamworks) sure as hell is shoving him down our throats (so to speak).
Old 01-06-08, 09:30 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
...would have liked to have seen Matt Damon take on the role as Indy's kid.
Old 01-06-08, 09:37 AM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
...would have liked to have seen Matt Damon (with the same mannerisms as Will Hunting crossed with Jason Bourne) take on the role as Indy's kid.
Fixed.
Old 01-06-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I am already having a tough enough time swallowing another Indiana Jones, as excited as I am. I really despise Shia LaBeouf, who not only brought down Transformers a few notches (not that it was high in the first place), but when I saw him co-hosting the pre-show at the MTV Movie Awards he came off like a complete douche. I sincerely hope Ford carries most of Crystal Skull, because having Shia one-step behind him the entire time will just make me cry.

And this is why you're my boy. I like to consider you my Shia LaBeouf.

Yeah, if it's not Ford, I have no interest in seeing an indy franchise. I can barely stomach that Shia's in this film. Don't make me beat someone for having it spin off. We already have the young indy dvds out.
Old 01-06-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Hasn't Lucas and others learned from the Star Wars Prequels, that when you don't have the original cast, the movies don't have that same magic? I don't know if Shia will be a good or bad addition to Indy IV, but I could care less about seeing a whole other trilogy without Ford. You can argue about the quality of the Star Wars Prequels, but the bottom line is it was damn near impossible to create new lovable characters the same way Luke, Leia, and Han had chemistry-wise on screen in the Classic Trilogy. Would anyone want to see a Back to the Future Prequel without Micheal J. Fox? Would anyone want to see a Rocky Prequel/Sequel without Sly Stallone? It's the characters in these movies that make the audience want to see more adventures. IMO
Old 01-06-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by coli
Hasn't Lucas and others learned from the Star Wars Prequels, that when you don't have the original cast, the movies don't have that same magic?
Which cast would that be? Short Round? Indy's Dad? Kate Capshaw? They were all in one movie.
Old 01-06-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At least this one's got Marion. Too bad about Sallah and Brody, but unfortunately, this one doesn't take place in Egypt and Denholm Elliot has passed.
Old 01-06-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Same here. I don't get all the hate. But then again, it is the internet....
I can only speak for myself, but the reason I can't stand the guy, is b/c I find him incredibly boring. I've only seen him in Disturbia, Transformers, & Constantine, all of which he played the same exact character. I just kind of see him as a wise-cracking douche, honestly, there are "it" actors, that I don't like, but at least I can understand the appeal or why they are so popular. I get the guy has done the comic book film, Transformers, & know Indy, so I see why fanboys have a hard-on for him, but I am just clueless, where is this guy's talent? He is so one-dimensional.

And as far is this news goes, its is my worste fear for this film & why I was so against it. It is not an organic next chapter in the Indy franchise, like they got some perfect script to tell the final Indy story. It is nothing but a lame-ass marketing ploy, to launch a new series of films using the Indy name. I want to see an Indy movie about Indiana, starring Indiana. Not a 2+ hour film testing the waters to see if we can spin a franchise out of who Hollywood has decided is the new "it" actor.
Old 01-06-08, 11:53 AM

Here he is now...He's a man-boy:
um, he's 21. seriously.
Old 01-06-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho

Hmm, on rec.movies they seemed to be more down on Kate Capshaw's character.

(Note the date): http://groups.google.com/group/net.m...2ddf03e54cb4e3
Old 01-06-08, 01:07 PM
Banned

I'll give him (Shia) a shot if this happens, but I really don't expect much. Hell, I can't even watch "Young Indiana Jones". I know it's considered canon, but it's just bland and boring to me.
Old 01-06-08, 01:56 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll reserve complete judgment until I've seen him in the fourth movie, but I suppose I wouldn't hate the idea provided it's treated more like a spin off and not as a true continuation of the franchise.
Old 01-06-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Meh. Transformers rocked. Shia worked fine. There wasn't really anything special about his character. It'd be interesting to see if he can play something more complex.

I guess Speilberg likes Shia. If we're going to see him in these big tentpole movies, and is being backed by a big producer, he's just going to get bigger and bigger.

That being said - I hope that Indiana Jones doesn't take the route of The Terminator movies. You know, people begging to see more and more. So they give us more quantity, less quality.
Old 01-06-08, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know it won't happen now that they have apparently cast the role of future Indy, but I always thought this actor could have made an excellent Indiana Jones:

And he's the right age to play Indiana Jones' son in the movie...it wouldn't have been too much of a stretch. I think he has a better look for the role than Shia.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.