Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me name these three movies?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-01-07, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

First, I hope I posted in the right place, please feel free to move this if not!
I usually lurk, but wanted to know if anyone could help me remember/find the name of three movies.

1- I believe was in the theaters within the last 2 or 3 months. The only thing I remember is that it was supposed to have a plot line of parents realizing that their child was evil. It got good reviews I believe, but literally disappeared before I could blink. I think the kid had dark hair and may have been maybe 10 or so...

2. I saw a movie on cable last year. It was def, from the 50's or 60's and had to do with nuclear war. I think it was like the day of a nuclear attack and the only thing I can remember is toward the end their were schoolchildren looking up and seeing planes and one girl I think runs into a junkyard and climbs into a fridge and locks herself in.

3. I am not sure when this movie was filmed, it had to do with WWII in England. It was from a childs perspective, I believe he had a sister that was a nurse. For some reason I believe that at one point this child may have gone into a bombed out house and taken jewelery.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me figure out the names of these films and I am sorry if the descriptions are vague. Thanks!!

Old 09-01-07, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zoomgirl
1- I believe was in the theaters within the last 2 or 3 months. The only thing I remember is that it was supposed to have a plot line of parents realizing that their child was evil. It got good reviews I believe, but literally disappeared before I could blink. I think the kid had dark hair and may have been maybe 10 or so...
Joshua
Old 09-01-07, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Walker Boh
Joshua
Yes, thank you!
Old 09-01-07, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

3. I am not sure when this movie was filmed, it had to do with WWII in England. It was from a childs perspective, I believe he had a sister that was a nurse. For some reason I believe that at one point this child may have gone into a bombed out house and taken jewelery.
Hope and Glory?
Old 09-01-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

2. I saw a movie on cable last year. It was def, from the 50's or 60's and had to do with nuclear war. I think it was like the day of a nuclear attack and the only thing I can remember is toward the end their were schoolchildren looking up and seeing planes and one girl I think runs into a junkyard and climbs into a fridge and locks herself in.
Ladybug, Ladybug?

(I found that by doing a Google search for nuclear junkyard refrigerator)

Rob
Old 09-01-07, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Gerry P.
Hope and Glory?
Yes, that is it! Thank you!!!
Old 09-01-07, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by RobCA
Ladybug, Ladybug?

(I found that by doing a Google search for nuclear junkyard refrigerator)

Rob
Thank you Rob!! That is it!
Hmmm, perhaps time to do more posting and less lurking

Thank you everyone !!
Old 09-01-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just an fyi, Joshua got a few good reviews, but got heavily panned by other critics and was one of the most boring movies I've seen all year... not scary, not thrilling, just a plodding mess.
Old 09-01-07, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Just an fyi, Joshua got a few good reviews, but got heavily panned by other critics and was one of the most boring movies I've seen all year... not scary, not thrilling, just a plodding mess.
Oh, okay....I will wait for it to come on cable then! Thanks, I usually trust good messageboards then critics....lol