DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   SAW 4 Teaser (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/508369-saw-4-teaser.html)

raven56706 08-06-07 07:18 PM

SAW 4 Teaser

http://www.weakgame.com/media_20480_saw_4_teaser.html

THE SITE IS NOT WORK SAFE.

Parcher 08-06-07 07:28 PM

What the hell was going on in that scene?
What was the thing in the middle?
What came out of the muted guys mouth at the end, and how?

Confused...

IDrinkMolson 08-06-07 07:35 PM

"Can't wait."

Heads up, I would say, that site is not safe for work.

Ronnie Dobbs 08-06-07 07:41 PM

Jesus this thing is going to get milked to death.

Parcher 08-06-07 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs

That was Saw 3.

We're beyond death. This is skeletal remains.

DthRdrX 08-06-07 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Parcher
What the hell was going on in that scene?
What was the thing in the middle?
What came out of the muted guys mouth at the end, and how?

Confused...

You got me, I didn't have a clue what was going on.

AllHallowsEve 08-06-07 08:07 PM

Yeah, pretty much. It's already greenlit to part 6.

It doesn't really have to annoy you though. Just let the fans enjoy their thing and you can move on and enjoy things you like.

I'm not a "Saw" fan, so I moved on. No amount of cliched comments are going to stop the films; they'll only stop when the box office dies. That's just reality.

Considering "Saw 3" made nearly 170 million worldwide, that could take awhile considering the budgets are beer money. Lionsgate openly admitted that they will keep making them until they don't profit from them -- not used to studios admitting this.

canaryfarmer 08-06-07 08:51 PM

Well, that was stupid. Was I the only one thinking "Put on the glasses!" while watching that?

Rammsteinfan 08-06-07 08:52 PM

That was the clip from the comic con last week. Cant wait for the real teaser...

CKMorpheus 08-07-07 05:31 AM

It seemed pretty clear to me. There was some sort of machinery in the middle of the room they were both hooked up to. It had metal teeth in it that was constantly pulling one of them into the machine and loosening up on the other one. The big guys eyes are sewed shut, and the business-looking-man's mouth it sewn shut.

It looks like they were both given heavy tools to throw at each other, and the mouth shut guy could avoid what was being thrown. He spots the key to his chains stuck into the blind guys leg. He sneak attacks him and gets the key, while the big guy gets his bearings and starts attacking back. The business guy gets around all the swings and nails him with a tool of some sort. And then nails him again and again. He then unchains himself and widens his mouth open, all that stuff coming out of his mouth is his lips tearing...

Overall I found it pretty intense!

Parcher 08-07-07 06:31 AM

The fact that this trap needs so much explanation proves its failure... lol

nateman 08-07-07 07:09 AM

I disagree with Parcher in that Saw III was the death of milking for the franchise but it's only by rare chance that it didn't turn into another mediocre horror movie franchise. I think Saw IV will probally be the end for having "quality" Saw films.

I can't believe Lionsgate greenlit 3 more Saw films. I think that either the last one (Saw III) or the upcoming (Saw IV) Saw should/should have be the end of the Saw franchise. Why must every studio milk these god damn horror franchise's? Don't they ever listen to the fans?...
Spoiler:
NO!

Anways heres the UK vr. of the Saw IV poster...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../71/Saw_IV.jpg

Jackskeleton 08-07-07 07:50 AM

Don't they ever listen to the fans?...
The fans say one thing but the wallets say another. Anything will be milked till it no longer turns a nice profit. It's Hollywood and most of all, it's a business. By no means are these films "art" or have any sort of directors artistic vision to them in any sort of story telling way. It's just a quick way to churn a profit off gore. So the fans may be saying stop! but they keep showing up to them making them turn a profit and getting more of the same coming. If you want it to stop, by all means, don't go see this film.

cerial442 08-07-07 08:57 AM

I see a lot of people don't like them, and that is to be expected. However I have enjoyed all three, and will go see part 4. As long as I find them enjoyable keep them coming. If you aren't a fan of the series, then don't go see it, no one is forcing you too. This series has its fans and most liked all of the films and have something to look forward too every year.

fumanstan 08-07-07 09:06 AM

It didn't seem that hard to follow. As a Saw fan, I'm looking forward to this. Picked up a Saw 4 poster from Comic Con too :)

Trevor 08-07-07 09:12 AM

Teaser site not very safe for work. Can we put a warning in the first post?

raven56706 08-07-07 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Teaser site not very safe for work. Can we put a warning in the first post?

just put it in the first post

Goldberg74 08-07-07 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
Anways heres the UK vr. of the Saw IV poster...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../71/Saw_IV.jpg

[lipniki] The human head weighs 8 pounds. [/lipniki]

Zodiac_Speaking 08-07-07 09:58 AM

Sweet poster!

Seantn 08-07-07 02:08 PM

I have a very strong feeling that this movie will mark the decline in box office for this series. I just don't think people are interested anymore . I'm guessing maybe 40 million total (which is still great considering their budget, but it's half of what the others made)

xage 08-07-07 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
That was the clip from the comic con last week. Cant wait for the real teaser...

And it was an NC-17 clip!