DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   I need a movie clip for a presentation (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/508133-i-need-movie-clip-presentation.html)

DVDsAreMyLIFE 08-03-07 01:37 PM

I need a movie clip for a presentation

I am giving this mock presentation to a bunch of fictious banking executives. The point of the presentation is to sell on why the bank should use my companies services for their banking operations.

I am looking for a movie scene that I can use as an ice breaker. Maybe one about selling or one about banking. Something semi serious but with some sublte or light comedy. A couple things that come to mind is the Chris Farley scene in Tommy Boy when he starts the guys car on fire, but I don't want any swearing, or maybe a scene from Wall Street.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Tomboymama 08-03-07 01:47 PM

You might check out Other People's Money and The Big Kahuna. Been awhile since I saw either, but I am thinking you might find something to use in one of those.

DVDsAreMyLIFE 08-03-07 01:54 PM

Alright thanks, I will check these out. I am even open to suggestions from TV shows.

Draven 08-03-07 02:23 PM

Though this sounds like it's for a class, I'd argue against using any movie clips.

I work in the corporate production world and I can't tell you the number of times executives come to me with these great "ideas" that are nothing more than showing a bunch of movie clips. That is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to creativity.

Write a skit, shoot your own little video, come up with some kind of audience participation game, ANYTHING but playing a movie clip.

If you ignore all that advice, Tommy Boy is a good example of showing how one company is better than another. And I don't recall that particular scene (setting the car on fire) having any bad swearing.

DVDsAreMyLIFE 08-03-07 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Draven
Though this sounds like it's for a class, I'd argue against using any movie clips.

I work in the corporate production world and I can't tell you the number of times executives come to me with these great "ideas" that are nothing more than showing a bunch of movie clips. That is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to creativity.

Write a skit, shoot your own little video, come up with some kind of audience participation game, ANYTHING but playing a movie clip.

If you ignore all that advice, Tommy Boy is a good example of showing how one company is better than another. And I don't recall that particular scene (setting the car on fire) having any bad swearing.

It isn't for class. This is for work in a training session. I would tend to agree with you and disagree with you. I think a video clip that works well with a presentation and flows into your idea works well. I tend to see a skit as cheesy and not as professional, depending on how well it is done. And like I said it is a mock presentation, we aren't selling anything to real clients. (BTW, sales and marketing is not my background nor my position. I am a developer but we are getting overall training in the company.)

Abob Teff 08-03-07 11:16 PM

PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN! Coffee is for closers.

'nuff said.