DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Talented Mr. Ripley part III is where? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/507210-talented-mr-ripley-part-iii-where.html)

H8nXTC 07-23-07 10:05 PM

The Talented Mr. Ripley part III is where?

So I loved the original Talented Mr. Ripley, so when I saw the sequel starring John Malkovich called Ripley's Game I was severely disappointed. Come today and I see a reference to a third called Ripley Under Ground made in 2005 and I say what the hell? I've never heard of this. So I check out IMDB and see it starred quite a few big actors including the Scientologist Berry Pepper. And I read 3 reviews online saying it's a good movie (ie, 4 out of 5 stars). So where can I find this movie that came out 2 years ago? Nowhere...
Anyone have any info. on this? Is it coming out? Is there somewhere outside the U.S. to order this?
What's the deal????

By the way, I just watched a confusing Wim Wenders movie called the American Friend made in the 70's starring Dennis Hopper that I didn't know what part of the Tom Ripley storyline.

The Bus 07-23-07 10:55 PM

Ripley's Believe It...

Or Not.

The Antipodean 07-23-07 11:42 PM

I"m a huge fan of the books (and Minghella's movie has changed a lot from the original text). The order there is:

Talented Mr. Ripley
Ripley Under Ground
Ripley's Game (the best of the five IMHO, and Malkovich is actually a superb choice for Ripley although the movie was good, not great I thought)
The Boy Who Followed Ripley
Ripley Under Water

Mosskeeto 07-24-07 01:11 AM

The best version ever in my opinion (and many others I might add) is Rene Clement's Purple Noon or Plein Soleil starring Alain Delon, from 1960.

Doc MacGyver 07-24-07 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Ripley's Believe It...

Or Not.

from the people who brought you... ah-MASINGIL.... ah-DOUCHE.....

wendersfan 07-24-07 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
Ripley's Game (the best of the five IMHO, and Malkovich is actually a superb choice for Ripley although the movie was good, not great I thought)

<b>The American Friend</b> is better. :)

GoldenJCJ 07-24-07 11:16 AM

I've always enjoyed that Scientologist Berry Pepper. He was great in Saving Private Ryan, directed by that Jew Steven Spielberg.

Doc MacGyver 07-24-07 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I've always enjoyed that Scientologist Berry Pepper. He was great in Saving Private Ryan, directed by that Jew Steven Spielberg.

He co-starred with that CHUD Vin Diesel.

H8nXTC 07-24-07 01:41 PM

To be a Jew is simply to be a member of a Religion. To be a Scientologist is to be a member of a cult of Greed. All hail Xenu...

Doc MacGyver 07-24-07 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by H8nXTC
To be a Jew is simply to be a member of a Religion. To be a Scientologist is to be a member of a cult of Greed. All hail Xenu...

Doesn't change the fact that Vin Diesel is a Canabalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller.

-Doc

MrE 07-24-07 03:45 PM

I love the Ripleys. All four movies are well worth watching ... and each gets a different take on the same character.

Defiant1 07-24-07 09:39 PM

John Malkovich was the perfect actor to play Tom Ripley. Unfortunately, his movie sucked although he was excellent. I've still got to see the first two films but the 1999 Ripley film is in my top 5 of all time.