Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

[Rec]

Old 07-15-09, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: [Rec]

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Spoiler:
I'm glad to see I'm not alone in thinking that the old woman and the little girl from the clippings are one and the same.

I'm at a loss as to who that kid was. As far as I recall, there was no known exit from the attic. There was an exit through some sewer access hatch under the textile room.

Perhaps the sequel will elaborate on the child, the old woman, and the original owner of the attic appartment. They said he just left one day and never came back. Perhaps he's still alive.
Spoiler:
I just watched the making-of featurette on the DVD and I'm shocked that that wasn't CG at the end. Its a real guy with a latex mask and latex boobs.
Old 08-30-09, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts
Re: [Rec]

So I finally got around to seeing this. One of the few times where I've seen the remake first before the original. Great flick....but I think I prefer Quarantine over it.

My choice has nothing to do with budget, american over foreign, or any other bs like that - it comes down to pacing and a few scenes for me.

In rec, I didn't like the long pause taking for interviews once the action started, it felt awkward and really out of place. I know it was done to give a little life to the characters but it was just too long and people seemed too calm after what had just happened.

Things that were well done were the scenes with the little girl and the end...although I didn't like that there were two infected in the final room.

I thought Quarantine did a better job of involving the "camerman" as well - too many times in rec it felt like he was just too idle; both action and emotion wise.

These are not major gripes or anything close to them - I mention this because some of you for whatever reasons feel the need to defend movies. I purposely waited on watching rec because I knew it was going to be way better than quarantine like many people here have stated.

Still, a great flick and deserves your attention.