DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Hey! Another remake!!! - Troll (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/506752-hey-another-remake-troll.html)

VHS? 07-18-07 02:34 PM

Hey! Another remake!!! - Troll (1986)

From B-D

Here is how committed I am to you guys... this is the hardest thing I ever typed in my life considering I just had an eye exam and all I see are blurry keys - but this news was just too good to pass up. We heard rumblings recently that a remake to the '86 horror film Troll was being remake, with a substantial budget. Of course the first thing we did was laugh, laugh some more and then joke about the piss scene in the sequel. Well guess what... it wasn't a joke. We discovered this evening that a remake to John Carl Buechler's film is in fact being remade. No details have been revealed about the film other than this synopsis: The film is about a young boy enters a parallel world of wizards and magic where he befriends a good witch. Soon the boy learns that he must save the world from an evil Troll/Wizard that has the ability to hide his essence within the bodies of others. Watch for more as soon as we find out.

Why...........just why?
So now we use a boy instead of a girl and now a world of wizards and magic...whatever.....

AllHallowsEve 07-18-07 07:16 PM

A "Troll" remake.

Ha ha. I'm dumbfounded, so I'll have to get back to you...

cerial442 07-18-07 07:35 PM

Why? They really can't cash in on the name, and its sequel is more remembered (for the wrong reasons). I know they won't be able to name the main character Harry Potter.

I hope the town this takes place in is Llort.

"Llort?! Thats Troll spelled backwards!"

redrum 07-18-07 07:47 PM

they're eating her...and then they're going to eat me....OHHHH MY GODDDDDD!

VHS? 07-18-07 08:18 PM

You have to wonder how these remake ideas come about.Who thinks of them and who thinks it's a good idea and who allows the greenlight!
Is there an office in Hollywood where like 30 guys sit around a table with a catalog of old movies and pick titles out of a hat?

Shilex 07-18-07 08:20 PM

Hey, better to remake a bad movie than a classic. :thumbsup: I'd rather see a remake of House 2. That movie was dumb fun and would be great updated. Or maybe a Ghoulies remake. Go 80s!

Seantn 07-18-07 08:26 PM

The first one was a bad movie. Troll 2 is one of the best movies ever.

NoirFan 07-18-07 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Seantn
Troll 2 is one of the best movies ever.

Had the pleasure of viewing this on the big screen last weekend. Scary how much people are into this movie- they were shouting out entire chunks of dialogue. Scored a Troll 2 t-shirt for my troubles.

VHS? 07-19-07 11:44 PM

Maybe promising after all?

This might turn out after all!?
From BD:

We reported earlier this week (here) that a remake to the classic '86 horror flick Troll is in the works, along with a synopsis. Today we learned that John Carl Buechler will be returning to both write and direct the remake to his own film, which is slated to begin production this September under the new shingle "Movies Plus." Steve Waterman and Peter Davey are producing. The film is about a young boy enters a parallel world of wizards and magic where he befriends a good witch. Soon the boy learns that he must save the world from an evil Troll/Wizard that has the ability to hide his essence within the bodies of others.

I'm not a huge fan of remakes but seeing as this one will be done by the original man himself rather than some rookie, it might not be bad after all? Write, direct, maybe even do his own SFX and it could be more of a 'do over' for him.

VHS? 07-20-07 02:05 PM

More TROLL news:OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
in snipits.... full article HERE

The new big budget fantasy film will launch a new animated television series, as well as a new line of toys, based on the original characters.

It’s all about the kids,” says Mr. Buechler. A father of seven year-old twins, and a pre-teenager, Buechler says, “I’d like to make a film that my whole family can see."

The scale of this thing is huge, I guess it’ll be sort of like a cross between Lord of the Rings and Narnia. I’m really excited this time around. Technology has actually caught up with my original vision of a magical world, populated by a multitude of fantasy characters, and now I actually have a budget large enough to do it right,” says Buechler.

Teaming up with veteran producer Steve Waterman, (Stuart Little, Casper, Alvin and the Chipmunks,) Buechler will again re-unite with his army of special effects artists from the first movie, of twenty-two years ago. “The difference is, these guys were just starting out back then, now many of them has gone on to win Emmys and Academy awards… “It’s gonna’ be just great!”

Though the filmmakers are in talks with some major “A” list talent for the leads in his new picture, Buechler wants to re-unite some of the original cast as well for cameo roles. “I’d love to see the likes of Michael Moriarity, Noah Hathaway, and Julia Louis Dryfuss again. Just the other day I spoke to Annie Lockhart about coming back for a cameo role. It’ll be just like old times, but in a new way… ”

TROLL the new motion picture will open wide in the later part of next year.

Gotta love this little disclaimer here :lol:

DISCLAIMER: TROLL has not been prepared, approved, or licensed by any entity that created or produced the J.K. Rowling series of Harry Potter books or the Warner Bros. series of Harry Potter movies. Movies Plus is not affiliated with J.K. Rowling or Warner Bros., nor has this movie been endorsed or authorized by J.K. Rowling or Warner Bros. The characters Harry Potter, Sr. and Harry Potter, Jr. are not related to or inspired by the book and film character of J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Harry Potter and his family were characters in the 1986 movie, Troll, which was independently created and distributed before J.K. Rowling’s first book.

GuessWho 07-20-07 02:09 PM

http://www.journobiz.com/forum/image...ies/troll2.gif

Rex Power Colt-Robot Man 07-20-07 02:43 PM

Nilbog fo life

islandclaws 07-20-07 03:02 PM

Because this thread is begging for it...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyophYBP_w4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyophYBP_w4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chad 07-20-07 03:52 PM

What's next on the agenda...Ghoulies, Critters, and/or Gremlins? :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Shilex
Hey, better to remake a bad movie than a classic. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's definitely true. At least it's not a classic (like "Troll 2" :p ) being butchered.

VHS? 07-20-07 03:56 PM

Seeing as the original makers are coming back to 're-do' their film, this might be ok.There is nothing like other directors remaking and destroying other directors work...like we have seen in the past few years.
Seeing that this might be a big budget remake could work.With more money and better SFX, this could be good.

VHS? 07-25-07 02:22 PM

Harry Potter Finds His Way Into 'Troll' Remake!
Source: Bloody-Disgusting

It was revealed to B-D this evening that Noah Hathaway has just been signed to play a role in the big budget remake of the 1986 cult classic film; TROLL.

Filmgoers will remember Noah Hathaway (Never Ending Story, Battlestar Gallactica) as the child star who portrayed the original HARRY POTTER in the 1986 film TROLL, where his adventures led him into a parallel world of witches, evil wizards, and magic, a decade before the first J.K.Rowling’s book was written and published.

Hathaway, now in his 30’s will obviously not reprise his role as the original HARRY POTTER in the new film as the producers will conduct an international search for the new young hero in the remake.

“Noah’s matured into a fine young actor with an interesting intensity, and we are proud to have him on board,” writer/director John Carl Buechler tells B-D.

While producers are seeking “A” list stars for the lead roles in the film, Buechler seeks to unite more of his original cast.

The film is about a young boy enters a parallel world of wizards and magic where he befriends a good witch. Soon the boy learns that he must save the world from an evil Troll/Wizard that has the ability to hide his essence within the bodies of others.

Watch for more news as it comes in.

VHS? 08-08-07 04:46 PM

Phil Fondacaro Reprises Role In 'Troll' Remake!
Source: Bloody-Disgusting

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Today Bloody-Disgusting learned that cult fav Phil Fondacaro, (Under The Rainbow, Return of the Jedi, Willow) has just been signed to reprise his role as Professor Malcom Malory, in the big budget remake of John Carl Buechler’s 1986 cult classic film, Troll, which also just saw the pre-launch of it's official website. Fondacaro, will be the only member of the original cast that will return to reprise his role. “While we are seeking many of the original cast for cameo roles, Phil has made this part uniquely his. For me, he is the only one who can play this character. I created this role for him in the original movie, and can see no one else playing it in the remake,“ says writer-director Buechler. Thus Far, original cast member, Noah Hathaway has been cast as Turok the wizard. Watch for more news soon!

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/HH/0284496/SCAN01.JPG

Seantn 08-08-07 06:13 PM

"Big Budget".

Hah, right. I'm sure investors are dying to give tons of money to the director of Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood to remake his worldwide sensation, "Troll".

Vipper II 08-08-07 07:12 PM

Personally, I'd rather see a remake to Silent Night Deadly Night 2, entitled 'Garbage Day!'.

islandclaws 08-09-07 01:36 PM

^ First in line.

DJLinus 08-09-07 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
Because this thread is begging for it...

:lol: I've heard that clip a few times on a podcast that I listen to, but have never actually seen it. It's even funnier to see the guy's expressions. Thanks for posting that.

Seantn 08-09-07 07:42 PM

If anyone lives in Los Angeles, there is a screening of TROLL 2 Friday night, August 10th at the Nuart at midnight. It also has cast members in attendance.

The Bus 04-09-08 06:10 PM

I just found about this. I'm glad we'll get two Harry Potter movies in 2009. :lol:

Giggles 04-10-08 04:00 AM

Whoever is remaking Troll I'm sure their things look black since they decided to remake THIS...

islandclaws 04-10-08 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
I just found about this. I'm glad we'll get two Harry Potter movies in 2009. :lol:

Not sure if I'd count on that. I have somewhat inside info about this project. Basically John Carl Buechler owns the rights to Troll and it's characters, most importantly that of Harry Potter. His plan is to announce this remake, entitled Troll: The Adventures of Harry Potter (or something like that), in hopes of having Warner Bros. pay him off and avoid having a film released with their famous magician's name attached. What I've been told is that the film is never going to be made, this is all just a big publicity stunt in hopes of gaining a large payout. So don't count on seeing it anytime soon. All these balls that are rolling are only meant to scare WB.