DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Movies where you can see the stunt actor? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/505122-movies-where-you-can-see-stunt-actor.html)

OldBoy 06-30-07 06:49 PM

Movies where you can see the stunt actor?

I swear when I come across movies that you can clearly see the stunt actor/actress take over at a particular scene and then watch on dvd and are able to slow-mo and see how blatant it is is just so funny.

2 off the top of my head are the scenes in "Beverly Hills Cop" when Eddie Murphy is in the restaurant talking to Victor Maitland and he flips Victor's henchman over into the buffet table you see this bigger, broader black guy doing it.

Also, just saw "Total Recall" and at the 1:21:08 remaining mark when Arnold is breaking the train glass and jumping in to get away from Michael Ironside and the baddies I saw the stunt guy even without slow-mo and sure enough when I did mo it was so ridiculous.

I love finding that stuff and wonder if anyone finds that stuff too...

Tarnower 06-30-07 06:59 PM

In Jurassic Park, where the grand-daughter is hanging from the computer room ceiling, and a raptor jumps up to chomp her. She gets pulled up just in time. You can easily tell it's a stunt woman, just by her face.

Draven 06-30-07 07:00 PM

The worst one I've ever seen is the motorcycle jump into the culvert on Terminator 2. It's a full-face shot, straight on and in slow motion to boot.

Always brings a smile to my face.

Robert 06-30-07 07:11 PM

<b>Face/Off</b> - Obvious stuntman hitting the fence inside airplane hangar

<b>Die Hard 3</b> - Obvious stuntman driving the cab

<b>Fast and the Furious</b> - Obvious stunt double for Paul Walker in the scene where he has to leap from his car to the side of the semi

<b>Star trek III</b> - When Kirk does that outrageous back flip while fighting the Klingon.

CKMorpheus 06-30-07 07:21 PM

Matrix Revolutions - Obvious stunt-double for the love-tap the Trainman gives Neo at Mobil Ave which causes him to go flying into the tile-wall behind him. It was apparent in the trailer and I thought they'd at least digitally fix it for the actual film, but nope, they did NOT and it bothers me every time I see it.

The Bus 06-30-07 07:41 PM

Grindhouse: Zoe Bell on the hood.

But it's not a goof. :)

PopcornTreeCt 06-30-07 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Draven
The worst one I've ever seen is the motorcycle jump into the culvert on Terminator 2. It's a full-face shot, straight on and in slow motion to boot.

Beat me to it.

McHawkson 06-30-07 07:54 PM

This is second thread I have seen... I remember somebody said "Spaceballs" that made me laugh.

Edit to add: Found the thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=450243

Ronnie Dobbs 06-30-07 08:10 PM

Beat me as well.

Michael Corvin 06-30-07 08:14 PM

another one for Face/Off during the boat chase.

Mr. Salty 06-30-07 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tarnower
In Jurassic Park, where the grand-daughter is hanging from the computer room ceiling, and a raptor jumps up to chomp her. She gets pulled up just in time. You can easily tell it's a stunt woman, just by her face.

Interesting, because the stuntwoman's face was digitally replaced with the actress' face.

EdTheRipper 06-30-07 08:23 PM

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka where the mother is fighting the thugs in the restaurant. Pretty sure that one's intentional though :D

zombeaner 06-30-07 08:45 PM

Its not the stunt actor, but in the Mexican film Matando Cabos, there is a car chase which ends with a "spectacular" crash onto the pitch in a soccer stadium. While the car is flying through the stands and onto the field, the roll cage in the car is very plainly visible, I don't think they even tried to hide it, digitally or otherwise. It completely took me out of the moment.

RichC2 06-30-07 09:12 PM

Kill Bill Vol. 1 was fairly obvious imho. Possibly intentional, but I dunno.

Oh and Family Guy: The Movie.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8iNqr5m2DAk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8iNqr5m2DAk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

TomOpus 06-30-07 09:20 PM

One of the worst ones is Zora's death in Blade Runner.

eiker_ir 06-30-07 09:48 PM

Freddy sure got short and stocky when he catched fire at the end of Nighmare on Elm Street

Deftones 06-30-07 09:49 PM

That is the exact one I always think of. :lol:

thematahara 06-30-07 10:43 PM

In Die Hard. when Willis jumps on the back of the guy wearing the grey sweats near the beginning, you can easily see the stuntman.

OldBoy 06-30-07 11:45 PM

i saw that too, not to long ago. very obvious!

Cardiac161 07-01-07 01:11 AM

Whenever someone raised the topic like this thread, the first film that comes to mind, as a lot of you have mentioned, is Face/Off. John Woo, as good of a filmmaker he is, just seem to not give a shit if the audience sees the stuntmen, even going to a point of doing a slow motion and you could see the stuntmen who either have more hair than Nicholas Cage or less pudgy than John Travolta.

Doughboy 07-01-07 01:20 AM

Face/Off is one of the worst.

A View To a Kill is a pretty bad one. Especially during that chase scene in Paris.

True Lies during the opening scene where Ahnuld is trying to escape through the snow.

Legal Wreckin 3 when Rene Russo is fighting those 5 guys. Right after she slams that dude through the table, you can see her stuntperson who looks like a guy.

SuckaMC 07-01-07 01:22 AM

i second (or third) Face/off.. its really bad and takes me right out of the movie every time.

Also, in The Omega Man, Any time Heston is on a motorcycle, super stunt-man takes over.

Michael Corvin 07-01-07 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Interesting, because the stuntwoman's face was digitally replaced with the actress' face.

:lol:

Tarnower 07-01-07 08:58 AM

I didn't realize that. It's just that when I first saw this in the theater I thought it didn't look like the little girl, and then when I got it on DVD, I froze the frame and still didn't think it looked like the little girl. The face looks much older. Oh well...

The Infidel 07-01-07 09:10 AM

They did the same thing in Titanic, in the scene where Rose and Jack were running from the water in one of the passageways in slow motion. From the first time I saw that scene, I always knew it was so blatantly fake.

Other than that, the scenes I always think of are in the first Die Hard, when Bruce is fighting that first guy with the glasses and he starts getting rammed into the drywall. The stunt guy obviously has much better hair. :lol: Also, in Purple Rain right after the "jumping naked into the lake" scene, as they're driving off on the motorcycle, Prince gets considerably taller, and Apollonia's hair got a lot fuller and dried a little too quickly.