DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   De Niro and Pacino Reunite in Righteous Kill (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/500907-de-niro-pacino-reunite-righteous-kill.html)

PopcornTreeCt 05-18-07 06:00 PM

Nice breakdown Matthew. It's definitely one of the reasons why I'm not jumping for joy. This isn't Warner Brothers. This isn't a Michael Mann directed film. This is Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro under the same roof and a camera filming it.

Matthew Chmiel 05-19-07 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Nice breakdown Matthew. It's definitely one of the reasons why I'm not jumping for joy. This isn't Warner Brothers. This isn't a Michael Mann directed film. This is Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro under the same roof and a camera filming it.

Yeah. And after watching the trailer for John Rambo (which is another Nu Image/Millennium Films backed production), it felt like I was watching a gorier version of the Rambo parody from UHF.

devilshalo 08-23-07 01:38 PM

Crime scene: Gugino pulls 'Kill' switch
By Borys Kit and Carolyn Giardina
Aug 23, 2007

Carla Gugino has joined the cast of Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films' "Righteous Kill," the Jon Avnet crime drama that reteams Robert De Niro and Al Pacino as New York cops chasing a serial killer.

Gugino has been cast as the female lead, a crime-scene investigator with a dark personal life who enters into a relationship with De Niro's character.

The casting comes on the heels of Gugino joining "Watchmen," Zack Snyder's adaptation of the Alan Moore-Dave Gibbons DC Comics miniseries for Warner Bros. Pictures, in which she will play Sally Jupiter/Silk Spectre.

Producing "Kill" are Avi Lerner, Randall Emmett, Avnet, Boaz Davidson, George Furla and Alexandra Milchan. Danny Dimbort and Trevor Short will serve as exec producers.

Russell Gewirtz wrote the screenplay for the $60 million movie, which goes before cameras at month's end.

Gugino recently wrapped production on the indie sports drama "Our Lady of Victory" and next appears opposite Russell Crowe in Ridley Scott's "American Gangster" for Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment.

She is represented by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.

lotsofdvds 08-23-07 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
The Wicker Man. Apart of that Warner deal. It finally proved to the world what a talentless hack Neil LaBute was and might've been Nicolas Cage's worst preformance yet (but damn, was it entertaining).

Nope. Deadfall is the hands down worst Nic Cage performance ever.

Yeah, Nu Image doesn't have my respect either. And a $60 million indie? Okay...

But I thought Heat blew... so we'll see.

JumpCutz 08-23-07 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds

:whofart: Holy shit that was beyond dreadful.

Michael T Hudson 08-23-07 07:16 PM

What did you not like about Heat? I was thinking that was one of the few movies loved my all.

lotsofdvds 08-23-07 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
What did you not like about Heat? I was thinking that was one of the few movies loved my all.

Oh I'm not going to hijack the thread with Heat talk... let's stay on topic.

True_Story1011 08-23-07 09:47 PM

Apparently you didnt see 'Firebirds' or the opus known as 'Ghost Rider'

yuck.

LOL

devilshalo 09-04-07 02:22 AM

Four join De Niro, Pacino in 'Kill'
Leguizamo, Futterman to co-star in Avnet film
By DAVE MCNARY

Brian Dennehy, John Leguizamo, Dan Futterman, Trilby Glover and pro skateboarder Rob Dyrdek have joined the cast of "Righteous Kill," opposite Robert De Niro and Al Pacino.

Lensing begins Tuesday in Connecticut and New York with Jon Avnet directing. Carla Gugino, 50 Cent and Donnie Wahlberg also star.

The film, scripted by Russell Gewirtz ("Inside Man"), follows long time police detectives as they investigate a series of vigilante killings in New York City. Dennehy's in negotiations to join the cast.

The Nu Image/Millennium production will be distributed domestically by Overture Films. "Righteous Kill" is produced by Avnet, Avi Lerner, Alexandra Milchan, Daniel Rosenberg, Rob Cowan and Randall Emmett.

It's the second teaming for Nu Image/Millennium with Overture, which partnered on the comedy-caper "Mad Money" with Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah, and Katie Holmes.

Nu Image/Millennium is in production on "Major Movie Star," starring Jessica Simpson, and recently completed "John Rambo" with Sylvester Stallone, "88 Minutes" with Pacino and "Cleaner" with Samuel L. Jackson and Eva Mendes.

Overture, which launched last fall, is set to begin production this month on "Traitor" with Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce, followed by "Last Chance Harvey" with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson.

bunkaroo 09-04-07 08:11 AM

Funny thing about Heat is I really don't think there's any scene where you can see both of their faces at the same time.

I'm glad to see those stills because up until now I still believed they weren't on set together.

When Pacino pulls over DeNiro, you only see the back of one of their heads while the other's face is visible. The end scene at the airport never shows both their faces either. I've looked for this several times.

Artman 09-04-07 09:10 AM

Yeah, I also am not liking the way this is shaping up.... not impressed with the supporting cast and director. The trailer for 88 minutes (his most recent w/ Pacino) is awful.

Hope we at least get a decent movie...

OutRun2 09-09-07 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
50 Cent

Film just lost ALL credibility! :yack: :yack: :yack:

wm lopez 09-09-07 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by OutRun2
Film just lost ALL credibility! :yack: :yack: :yack:

Not if he's playing a thug.
Remember Tone-Loc was in HEAT and it worked just fine.
You need 50 cent to bring in the Hip-Hop crowd at the box-office.

Rogue588 09-09-07 09:19 PM

You'd think having "Scarface" in it would be enough..

Artman 11-08-07 04:35 PM

Well my fears have been confirmed, check out the preview (looks like a rough cut) on comingsoon...

wm lopez 11-09-07 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
You'd think having "Scarface" in it would be enough..

CARLITO'S WAY didn't burn up the box-office back in 1993 with the star,director and producer of SCARFACE. And HEAt wasn't loved as movie till video just like SCARFACE. My theory is because chicks(16-24) don't want to go see these types of movies.

Brent L 03-08-08 07:11 AM

Here's the trailer!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2iVMvduZeBg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2iVMvduZeBg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Brack 03-08-08 07:33 AM

the trailer was better than I thought it'd be, but it seems like it's missing some oomph.

TheMovieman 03-08-08 09:41 AM

If it weren't for Pacino and De Niro, it would be your typical cop-thriller, but with those two in it, I'll be there opening night.

Artman 03-08-08 01:43 PM

Accidently read the major spoiler on AICN's review - and they didn't even warn you! So, just a head's up there. I doubt I would've seen the movie anyways, but now I have even less incentive. :(

harryfielder 03-08-08 02:56 PM

I'll go see the movie, just to see the great double act.

Aitch,

GoldenJCJ 03-08-08 03:01 PM

I actually thought the trailer looked pretty good. It's not on my MUST see list but I'll definitely check it out when it's released.

Seeing Pacino and DeNiro as partners looks awfully cool. :up:

Mercury&Solace 03-08-08 03:23 PM

Love DeNiro love Pacino, though the trailer doesn't do much for me.
Still there opening night.

Breton 03-08-08 04:05 PM

The trailer doesn't look promising just from the standpoint that it's mostly quick cuts, with no real scenes shown. The dialogue is cliched and clunky. It appears to be one of those movies with actors people want to see together, a premise, and maybe not much of a script. It would be nice to see those two together, but hopefully it's not a wasted opportunity.

jmu878 03-08-08 04:22 PM

the remix of sympathy for the devil is killing me. i wish they'd stop fucking with stuff thats already perfect the way it is. i'll definitely see the film though, although i'm not expecting another heat.