Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"Fifty Pills" Stay Far Far Away!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 03-19-07, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets just say for the point of argument, the only reason i rented this was because Kristen Bell was in it and it got decent buzz at the tribeca film festival (or according to TRL at least) Anyways the so called "plot" of this crapfest is that a college Kid must sell 50 pills of extacey that his roommate gave him (he's in the slammer for throwing a party with alchohol) so he can get enough money to get back into college. Thats about it, oh and all of the "funny" customers he has to deal with on his journey. The only thing is that someone forgot to tell the writer/director to put actually funny jokes in there, instead of lame/predictable druggie jokes.
The only thing I actually laughed at in the entire 80 minutes, was when the students mother catches him jerking off to a comic book, but when he throws it to the ground, its a male villian in his underwear, prompting her to scream and yell "oh god, my son is gay!" Only problem is (like many comedies) they ran it to the ground to a point where it wasnt' funny anymore.
Oh and my girl Kristen gets nothing to do as the "girl of his dreams" as the back cover of the dvd claims.
So unless I missed the big picture, or there was a point that i missed, try to stay away from this one.
Old 03-19-07, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
(or according to TRL at least)
Let this be a lesson to you.

Old 03-19-07, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I tried watching this but fell asleep and missed the majority of it.
Old 03-19-07, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend went to Tribeca and said it was good