DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Horror Film Help??????????? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/495481-horror-film-help.html)

Toy-Gun 03-16-07 07:20 PM

Horror Film Help???????????

I saw a trailer 4 a Horror Film I think last year or in 05, It was like a Art house Horror film (VERY STYLISH) I thought it was High Tension but it was not.
Any one have any idea please let me know. I dont think it was an american film.

FinkPish 03-16-07 07:51 PM

You might need to give more description than "stylish art house horror non-American." Plot, characters, specific moments, etc.

Toy-Gun 03-16-07 08:34 PM

Sorry, I know its a very vague question. I have a condition that keeps me from remembering things but not all the time.

Maby its a dead end but I thought I would toss it out there and see if someone was in to art house films that had seen this horror film.

The trailer I saw was on TV and I only saw it one time and was not paying that mouch attention.

I wish I had more info but all I can remember is that I thik it was a british film (thats why I thought it was High Tension)

All I know is what ever the hell it was I want to see it. hehehe

Charlie Goose 03-16-07 08:48 PM

How about Wolf Creek?

I didn't see High Tension, so I don't know if it's similar, but it is a stylish, non-US, horror flick from 2005. Longshot, but it's what popped into my head.

Toy-Gun 03-16-07 08:59 PM

I just watched the trailer on its webpage and it didnt hit me like I thought.

Rockmjd23 03-16-07 09:02 PM

The Descent?

Do you remember any details about what was going on?

Toy-Gun 03-16-07 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
The Descent?

Do you remember any details about what was going on?

No I wish I could..........I know it was not a main stream film.
It was maby like Night Watch, That kind of film.

I watched the Descent trailer and thats not it, Thank you I may rent it.

GoldenJCJ 03-16-07 10:20 PM

How about Calvaire?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407621/

Toy-Gun 03-17-07 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ

That was not it, I watched the trailer and I have already ordered it from Amazon, That film looks cool!!

Thats 2 films Im getting now, I need to change the Title 2
Can any one suggest a good ART HOUSE non-american David Lynch like Horror film.

You people are coming up with some great stuff I have never heard of and I thought I was hip 2 dark and strange films. WOW thanks

caiman 03-17-07 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Toy-Gun
Sorry, I know its a very vague question. I have a condition that keeps me from remembering things but not all the time.

Maby its a dead end but I thought I would toss it out there and see if someone was in to art house films that had seen this horror film.

The trailer I saw was on TV and I only saw it one time and was not paying that mouch attention.

I wish I had more info but all I can remember is that I thik it was a british film (thats why I thought it was High Tension)

All I know is what ever the hell it was I want to see it. hehehe

High Tension is French, not British.

And maby is not a word.

Bareit 03-17-07 03:06 AM

3 Extremes?

caiman 03-17-07 03:31 AM

Why dont you find a cure for MS 4 me and MABY I can type better.
Looks like you understood what I was trying to say so thanks for pointing it out that you are better than me at typing and spelling. (Like I need to know that).

Please accept my apology in the form of a relevant post: is the movie you're thinking of Undead? It's an Australian zombie/alien movie.

Toy-Gun 03-17-07 01:40 PM

No Excuse for Bad Spelling

Originally Posted by caiman
Please accept my apology in the form of a relevent post: is the movie you're thinking of Undead? It's an Australian zombie/alien movie.

Hey forget about it, I need to spell check more. Man I cant spell to save my life. Thank god I dont need to spell well at my job I have 4 programers that keeps my spelling at check.

The undead I will put on my NetFlix list but thats not the one I was looking 4.

Do you think I should start a new thread looking 4 Art House Horror films?

caiman 03-17-07 01:57 PM

Hey forget about it, I need to spell check more. Man I cant spell to save my life. Thank god I dont need to spell well at my job I have 4 programers that keeps my spelling at check.

The undead I will put on my NetFlix list but thats not the one I was looking 4.

Do you think I should start a new thread looking 4 Art House Horror films?

Actually, I really thought Undead sucked. I was excited to see it because I love zombies, but it turned out to be really, really stupid.

Toy-Gun 03-17-07 08:20 PM

Non-Traditional Zombie Film

Actually, I really thought Undead sucked. I was excited to see it because I love zombies, but it turned out to be really, really stupid.

If you want a zombie film thats a bit UN-traditional try They Came Back
Dont expect a GORE fest. I LOVE zombie films and there is room 4 this one in my favorites list.

riotinmyskull 03-17-07 08:26 PM

Can any one suggest a good ART HOUSE non-american David Lynch like Horror film.

not really horror but you might want to check out takashi miike's 'gozu'

Toy-Gun 03-18-07 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
not really horror but you might want to check out takashi miike's 'gozu'

COOL--- thanks Im going to pick up a copy. "If you ever wanted to see what would happen if you threw a David Lynch movie in the blender with a Takashi Miike movie, I'd say this film is most likely what you'd get."
Man that sounds cool.

project86 03-18-07 12:53 AM

An asian lynch-ish movie is Tetsuo-The Iron Man. Just mindless visual crap, crazy stuff.

flixtime 03-18-07 04:16 PM

A little too old perhaps to fit the timeframe you mentioned but maybe "28 Days Later" (2002).

Toy-Gun 03-19-07 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by project86
An asian lynch-ish movie is Tetsuo-The Iron Man. Just mindless visual crap, crazy stuff.

Fun film to watch, I have it on VHS I need to get the DVD.

Toy-Gun 03-19-07 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by flixtime
A little too old perhaps to fit the timeframe you mentioned but maybe "28 Days Later" (2002).

Thats not it But you cant get any better than that (except the RED glowing eyes I hated that part of the film).

Toy-Gun 03-19-07 10:39 PM

Never ending search.............................................

Thanks 4 the suggestions, I just looked up arthouse films at twitch and coudn't find any thing. :suicide: Oh well, I did find some cool looking films 2 see on that web page.

I have ordered Calvaire: The Ordeal, Gozu, and Clone. I think I will also get Experiments in Terror and Dreamland.

Toy-Gun 03-19-07 10:44 PM

Give this one a try

Zombie Honeymoon

Dont know if its any good but with a name like that.................

DeputyDave 03-20-07 12:56 AM

Zombie Honeymoon

Dont know if its any good but with a name like that.................

Actually I liked "Dead and Breakfast" better.

Man, ever since I saw this thread yeaterday I've had this movie on the tip of my toungue. I can't think of the name but Its about a man coming home from the special forces to avenge the abuse to his retarded brother by thugs...

Dead Man's Shoes! I think that was it, a good flic that may qualify.

DoubleDownAgain 03-21-07 11:19 AM

If you want a zombie film thats a bit UN-traditional try They Came Back
Dont expect a GORE fest. I LOVE zombie films and there is room 4 this one in my favorites list.

I added this to my ZipList (Canadian equivalent to BBO/NetFlix), I received & watched it yesterday. I wasn't sure where I saw the recommendation for it, I had to search a few different forums but I finally tracked you down!!!!

I want an hour & 43 minutes of my life back! I found it to be very boring, very little happens, when something does happen they really don't explain it. I understand that it's a movie about how it emotionally impacts the people who have to deal with those who "came back," but at least have some sort of sensible plot instead of random encounters.

Here are they main issues I had with the movie:
Spoiler:
  • Where did they come from? I mean, did they actually come from the graves? If so, why weren't their bodies decomposed?
  • Why didn't the normal people care? I lied the scenes where they talked about the recently deceased, but they never brought up any of the important questions.
  • Where did they go at the end? Why did they set off all the explosions?
I know the move is about the people having to deal with loved ones coming back, but I thought the entire movie was pointless.