Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Weekend Box Office Thread - 12/08 to 12/10

Old 12-11-06, 10:27 AM
  #26  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Work. Or commuting. Certainly not at home.
Posts: 17,816
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
This week last year was when Chronicles of Narnia opened at over $60 Million.
But as was mentioned... there was no Narnia this year.

I'm waiting to see Eragon's box office take next weeeknd.
wildcatlh is offline  
Old 12-11-06, 12:47 PM
  #27  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MN -> TX -> SoCal
Posts: 1,592
Originally Posted by wm lopez
Keep in mind Christians who saw THE PASSION are going just to supprot Mel Gibson and also the huge Mexican population is going also goin to see APOCALYPTO.
I just got a mass email from the student ministries person at church who is in charge of the college aged group...it was an invitation to see Apocalypto this week....it contained this disclaimer...

"(note: This movie contains violence and native nudity, watch at your own discretion)."

well, looks like some Christians are supporting Mel, afterall....

I don't know if my church should be supporting this though...I don't think they realize HOW violent it is...but I guess if they can take the whippings in the Passion, whatever.
Brent_MN is offline  
Old 12-11-06, 12:51 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
I just got a mass email from the student ministries person at church who is in charge of the college aged group...it was an invitation to see Apocalypto this week....it contained this disclaimer...

"(note: This movie contains violence and native nudity, watch at your own discretion)."
WTH?

Sweet, I hate nudity, but if it is Native nudity, then I am ok with it. Cause they don't count as real people?
starman9000 is offline  
Old 12-11-06, 01:10 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MN -> TX -> SoCal
Posts: 1,592
Originally Posted by starman9000
WTH?

Sweet, I hate nudity, but if it is Native nudity, then I am ok with it. Cause they don't count as real people?
maybe it's the 'National Geographic' idea...the native ladies were nude in that a lot of times and it was available in my middle school library...why not Playboy? Whatever.
Brent_MN is offline  
Old 12-11-06, 01:15 PM
  #30  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,492
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
maybe it's the 'National Geographic' idea...the native ladies were nude in that a lot of times and it was available in my middle school library...why not Playboy? Whatever.
because in Playboy the posing is suggesting sex, Nudity the National Geographicn way is, well, it's just circumstantial and ideal to the immediate environment.
Giles is offline  
Old 12-11-06, 04:07 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oakland
Posts: 495
but...but those native women in them magazines were makin' eyes at me...
MahatmaPetey is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.