Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

HOSTEL: PART II teaser trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

HOSTEL: PART II teaser trailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
being that i don't go to movie theaters anymore due to the fact that i like watching movies in my own home and i don't have a movie theater in my area but i do have a future shop, best buy and wal-mart.
when i get my tv on dvd sets every week or so i pick a new release movie (1 or 2) every once and awhile that looks good and buy it.
i loved they first 2 saw movies and i can't wait for saw 3 to come to dvd.
i picked up hostel blindly and it was a pretty decent film.
it was no saw and was not nearly as good but it was fun. i don't think this is the kind of movie for 800 sequels like saw is doing by releasing one every year.
i pick up the new hostel 2 when it comes to the dvd but i won't see it in theaters.
Old 12-30-06, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Read today there's an uproar over the MPAA approving this poster...parents having to walk past it while leaving "Happy Feet".
Old 12-30-06, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
Read today there's an uproar over the MPAA approving this poster...parents having to walk past it while leaving "Happy Feet".
Considering that the film is going to tank hard where Lionsgate currently has it scheduled, I don't see why they're pissed.

Parents just need to stop bitching. When I was a little kid, I would be thrown into hysterics by just seeing the box of Child's Play up on the new release wall at Blockbuster. Did my mom send out complaints to the MPAA, Blockbuster, or MGM? No. If the kid is scared by the poster, which I believe is relatively tame compared to a killer doll packing heat, just have them close their eyes.
Old 12-30-06, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Considering that the film is going to tank hard where Lionsgate currently has it scheduled, I don't see why they're pissed.

If anything, Lionsgate is going to do much better with this sequel. I hated the first film, but I recognize that others loved it. Why not put it out in the summer when all audiences have the free time to see it? At the very least, they'll get a sweeter opening weekend.

"Halloween" opening the week before Labor Day...now THAT'S a fucking awful release date.

The teaser poster is lame though.
Old 12-30-06, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Huh? Why would the timeframe of the release and the B.O. potential change their opinion on the poster?
Old 12-30-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by breadlymoore
If anything, Lionsgate is going to do much better with this sequel. I hated the first film, but I recognize that others loved it. Why not put it out in the summer when all audiences have the free time to see it? At the very least, they'll get a sweeter opening weekend.

"Halloween" opening the week before Labor Day...now THAT'S a fucking awful release date.

The teaser poster is lame though.
Are you out of your mind?

The film is dead meat (heh) where it's currently placed. Two weeks after Pirates of the Carribean, same week as Ocean's 13, and one week before Fantastic Four 2 (which will be taking most of the male demographic). The original film was nothing but pure profit to Lionsgate and Sony, but they need to take their head out of their ass and push it up to either April or delay it until Labor Day (where a film could potentially open huge, it's just that no studio has tried to roll the dice there yet).

A horror film in the summer is NEVER a good idea and it's box office death waiting to happen. September, October, January, Feburary, and March are the only months in which it's acceptable to have a horror film open huge as usually the studios hold off on their heavy hitters during these months. There's very few times where a horror film can do massive numbers during the "big" months (such as Scream and Scream 2 in 1996 and 1997, however, that theory didn't hold true to The Faculty which was released at the same time frame in 1998).

Huh? Why would the timeframe of the release and the B.O. potential change their opinion on the poster?
They may not get the poster out of theaters, but they'll see the film flop.
Old 12-30-06, 09:53 PM

Not in the least.

Sure, summer is not kind to some horror product, but this is a sequel to a phenom (it's been some time since this has happened), not HIGH TENSION. There will be heat around it. It will open well.

Miracles can happen, Matthew.

Piss all you want about it, we'll see in June.

...and if you think FANTASTIC FOUR 2 is gonna pull audiences away from HOSTEL...
Old 12-31-06, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by breadlymoore
...and if you think FANTASTIC FOUR 2 is gonna pull audiences away from HOSTEL...
Yeah, I kinda laughed at that too.

I think Hostel 2 is going to do well no matter when they release it. And with free publicity from outraged parents...well that will just pump it up even more.

As far as the poster is concerned, screw kids' feelings...what about mine? Hell, count me as an adult that doesn't want to look at posters like that. Nasty.
Old 12-31-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure, summer is not kind to some horror product, but this is a sequel to a phenom
The first Hostel was a phenom???
Old 12-31-06, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I think when a nothing film from a nothing director manages to rack up #1 box office records in a soft month, collect a smattering of good reviews, then just blows up on DVD...

That's a phenomenon to me.

I think the film is god-awful, but the film's successes are not hard to spot.
Old 12-31-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The film is dead meat (heh) where it's currently placed. Two weeks after Pirates of the Carribean, same week as Ocean's 13, and one week before Fantastic Four 2 (which will be taking most of the male demographic).
Actually, I could see the audience for Hostel wanting to see it in the summer, especially with "lame"* movies like these surrounding it.

*Random imagined 19-year old's opinion, not mine.
Old 12-31-06, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
Actually, I could see the audience for Hostel wanting to see it in the summer, especially with "lame"* movies like these surrounding it.

*Random imagined 19-year old's opinion, not mine.
As a 21-year old, I'm more excited over Ocean's 13 then Hostel 2. I'll probably see Hostel 2 opening night to experience it with a crowd, but we know that POTC 3 will still be making a shitload of money in it's third weekend and I can guarantee you that Fantastic Four 2 will have an opening weekend of more than $60-65 million.

In it's current location in the summer, I don't see Hostel 2 making more than the original. I can see it make around $15 million or so it's opening weekend and then dropping probably 55-60% it's second weekend.
Old 12-31-06, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I really want to see Hostel 2, but no way i'm gonna watch it during the summer. Fuck that.
Old 12-31-06, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=hostel.htm

$4.8 million budget, $47.3 million domestic and $33.1 million foreign, $88.5 million worldwide....and I don't think that include the DVD sales numbers.
Old 01-01-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
It will be very welcome to see this during the summer, at least we now know of one R-rated flick to debute this summer.
Old 03-05-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
There's a few pics of the movie on Eli's myspace. Anyone recognize this giallo regular?

Expect a few more surprising cameos!
Old 03-05-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

$4.8 million budget, $47.3 million domestic and $33.1 million foreign, $88.5 million worldwide....and I don't think that include the DVD sales numbers.
It made an additional 30 million on DVD in Region 1 alone.
Old 03-15-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2034

A fairly long clip here... http://www.hostel2.it/clip/index.php
Old 03-29-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, there's a full trailer for it here. Is it just me, or did anyone have trouble understanding what the actresses were saying in it? Bijou Phillips is crying and I can't figure out what she is saying, I keep thinking she says something about having an Atari (!), and then the girl at the end of the trailer sounds like she is exclaiming "Please! Suck my balls!"

http://www.mtv.com/#/movies/asm/hostel2/
Old 03-29-07, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
Well, there's a full trailer for it here. Is it just me, or did anyone have trouble understanding what the actresses were saying in it? Bijou Phillips is crying and I can't figure out what she is saying, I keep thinking she says something about having an Atari (!), and then the girl at the end of the trailer sounds like she is exclaiming "Please! Suck my balls!"
I got "Sorry" instead "Atari"

But that last one does sound like "Please! Suck my balls!"
Old 03-30-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
But that last one does sound like "Please! Suck my balls!"
I just watched the trailer and was
It definitely sounds like "Please suck my balls!"
Old 04-01-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Seantn

http://www.mtv.com/#/movies/asm/hostel2/
Damnit

Old 04-01-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Go to YouTube, it's up there
Old 04-01-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZGgX-xUODPM
Old 04-01-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks guys

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.