DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Audrey Hepburn question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/479743-audrey-hepburn-question.html)

PopcornTreeCt 10-04-06 07:37 PM

Audrey Hepburn question

Has anyone seen the new Gap commercial with Audrey Hepburn? She starts dancing to AC/DC's Back in Black. Well I was curious what movie that was. Anyone know?

The Cow 10-04-06 07:45 PM

Here's the commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk1MnEzvnLk

Funny Face is the movie, I think.

SPiRAL 10-04-06 07:48 PM

If a girl wants to dance. If a girl wants to dance. If a girl wants to dance.

lukewarmwater 10-04-06 08:02 PM

damn that audrey is such a whore

GoldenJCJ 10-04-06 08:20 PM

Here's the actual scene from Funny Face:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE5xbrZ-TZo&mode

That Audrey was actually a pretty cute little dancer!

Giantrobo 10-04-06 09:50 PM

I love that ad. :up:

pizzamousechips 10-04-06 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo

Love the ad, hate the fact that The Gap is using her to sell their clothes. She didn't wear their clothes, and she doesn't know they're using her... It just feels wrong.

Giantrobo 10-04-06 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
Love the ad, hate the fact that The Gap is using her to sell their clothes. She didn't wear their clothes, and she doesn't know they're using her... It just feels wrong.

I guess her Estate disagrees with you. ;)

Brain Stew 10-04-06 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips

I dunno, it's not like the whole Fred Astaire vaccuum thing. I'm pretty sure she wore fashionable pants when she was alive and it's not like it really does anything negative to her image, in fact I'd argue the opposite.

Mikael79 10-04-06 10:10 PM

I'm a lifelong Audrey Hepburn fan, and the commercial makes me seriously sad. I know I can't change anything, but I would have liked to have seen them show more respect.

While watching the film, the dancing fits in with everything, but the commercial looks so goofy, I feel ashamed for her.

Brain Stew 10-04-06 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
I'm a lifelong Audrey Hepburn fan, and the commercial makes me seriously sad. I know I can't change anything, but I would have liked to have seen them show more respect.

While watching the film, the dancing fits in with everything, but the commercial looks so goofy, I feel ashamed for her.

How is it goofy? I thought she danced well. I don't see any defamation of character personally.

Mikael79 10-04-06 10:31 PM

The dual (and quad) images of her dancing is pretty fuckin' goofy if you ask me. Imagine yourself dancing around with a mirror image of yourself, and then tell me if that wouldn't embarrass you. Her image was all about grace, and the commercial just doesn't look graceful.

Giantrobo 10-05-06 05:22 AM

Ashamed? Come on man. Don't get me wrong, I think Audrey was one of <i>The</i> classiest people around. But let us not forget that she was still a performer. I'll be that if she was still living she would probably think it's cute.

Jackskeleton 10-06-06 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo

And I thought you liked some junk in the trunk. ;)

chente 10-06-06 02:06 AM

Hard to be ashamed and embarrassed when you are dead.

K Tm S 10-06-06 10:34 AM

edit

Giantrobo 10-06-06 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by K Tm S
i hate commercials in general, and that one in particular... if only for the fact that <b>she's dancing around to dumb-ass butt-rock.</b> i suppose the gap thinks that makes the ad 'ironic' or 'hip' or 'post-modern'. if they'd kept the original score, maybe it wouldn't be nearly as offensive?

Gimme a fuckin' break. It's <b>AC/DC</b>!!!! That song and album, "Back in Black", is a rock classic...just in case you didn't know.

calliope 10-06-06 07:40 PM

Agree with you. Everytime that commercial comes on I just get, like, very angry that it's such a BAD commercial.