DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Movie theater question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/479409-movie-theater-question.html)

Yeti4623 10-02-06 07:05 AM

Movie theater question

For anyone who works, or used to work at a movie theater, can you get in trouble for having an out of date I.D. Card? I'm 24, mostly haven't got carded this year, except back in February. She didn't say anything, but I'm always cautious. It's two years expired. I'm too lazy to get it renewed, lol.

gmal2003 10-02-06 11:04 AM

If true, thats pretty lazy. If you have time to go to a theater....... nevermind.

TGM 10-02-06 11:15 AM

uh, don't you drive??

Yeti4623 10-02-06 11:18 AM

I don't drive, lol.

resinrats 10-02-06 12:04 PM

You should have it on you even if it is expired since it shows your birthdate.

Mr. Salty 10-02-06 09:29 PM

Why are movie theaters checking your ID?

Jay G. 10-02-06 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Why are movie theaters checking your ID?

Presumably for R or NC-17 rated films, where verification of age may be needed. I don't recall the last time I was carded, but it was well before the age of 24.

There's nothing illegal about having an expired ID card. The worst that can happen is they don't accept it, since it's technically not valid.

Yeti4623 10-02-06 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Presumably for R or NC-17 rated films, where verification of age may be needed. I don't recall the last time I was carded, but it was well before the age of 24.

There's nothing illegal about having an expired ID card. The worst that can happen is they don't accept it, since it's technically not valid.

I knew it probably wasn't illegal, but I was wondering if they won't let you in, with one that's expired. If not, that really sucks. I hate the picture, but you can tell it's me.

CKMorpheus 10-02-06 11:33 PM

I'd worry less about what the movie theaters thinnk and more about what the LAW thinks. O_O

Joe Molotov 10-02-06 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I'd worry less about what the movie theaters thinnk and more about what the LAW thinks. O_O

Police State confirmed! It's now a crime to not have a valid ID on you at all times!! Barcodes to follow. -eek-

Jay G. 10-03-06 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Yeti4623
I knew it probably wasn't illegal, but I was wondering if they won't let you in, with one that's expired.

Didn't you already answer that question in your first post when you wrote that a theater did let you in with the expired ID?

Giles 10-03-06 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
uh, don't you drive??

or drink alcohol? ;)

The Bus 10-03-06 01:49 PM

If theatres might allow it, bars certainly won't. Just go and get your ID renewed. You'll need it next time someone tells you, "Könnte ich bitte ihre Papiere sehen?"

Yeti4623 10-03-06 09:54 PM

Didn't you already answer that question in your first post when you wrote that a theater did let you in with the expired ID?

Okay, i may sound ridicuolus, but maybe that was on person. Maybe she just let it slider, where others wouldn't. Or maybe she didn't notice it was expired, and went straight to my birthdate.

Yeti4623 10-03-06 09:56 PM

Okay, i may sound ridiculous, but I was thinking, maybe that was on person. Maybe she just let it slider, where others wouldn't. Or maybe she didn't notice it was expired, and went straight to my birthdate.

Yeti4623 10-03-06 09:57 PM

Okay, I may sound ridiculous, but I was thinking, maybe that was one person. Maybe she just let it slide, where others wouldn't. Or maybe she didn't notice it was expired, and went straight to my birthdate.

Yeti4623 10-03-06 10:01 PM

Sorry about too many replies. Computer messing up.

SINGLE104 10-04-06 02:59 AM

Why don't you save yourself all this trouble, get off your rump, and get your ID renewed? then you won't have nothing to worry about.

Yeti4623 10-04-06 04:38 AM

Thanks, I finally decided I'm going to do it.