DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Trailer Eddie Murphy "NORBIT" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/479102-trailer-eddie-murphy-norbit.html)

ILikeDVD 09-28-06 10:18 PM

Trailer Eddie Murphy "NORBIT"

Just saw the trailer on Spike tv. I thought it was Nutty professor 3. Him again playin diferent characters. Looks funny.

neatMCsammer 09-29-06 08:36 AM

I completely disagree. I thought it looked like another unfunny Eddie Murphy movie, just like the ones he's been putting out for over a decade. When are comedians going to realize that playing multiple roles in heavy make-up just isn't amusing?

SpacemanSpiff 09-29-06 08:55 AM

any trailer link?

RichC2 09-29-06 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by neatMCsammer
I completely disagree. I thought it looked like another unfunny Eddie Murphy movie, just like the ones he's been putting out for over a decade. When are comedians going to realize that playing multiple roles in heavy make-up just isn't amusing?

When the movies where they play multiple roles in heavy make-up stop making money.

Jam Master Jay 09-29-06 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
any trailer link?

They posted the trailer on Yahoo and I agree that it looks like another unfunny Eddie Murphy movie. It looks PRETTY bad -eek-
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809426318/trailer

The Infidel 09-29-06 11:59 AM

Thandie Newton is still looking damn good. Pretty sad that that may be the only reason to see this movie.

EdTheRipper 09-29-06 10:00 PM

I caught the trailer last night too. A couple of moments had me giggling.

clemente 09-29-06 11:43 PM

It's bad when a movie makes you think "Big Mama's House" rip-off.

(Yes, I know the story's aren't similar, but both revolve around black men spending a good portion of the movie in a large woman suit)

dpz301 09-30-06 03:15 PM

i saw the trailer today and thought it was amusing. i guess eddie murphy in a fan suit is just funny to me.

Goldberg74 10-01-06 11:03 AM

"Are you wearing bottoms?"

rotfl

dvd_luver 10-01-06 01:00 PM

That looks freakin hilarious and if you love Eddie Murphy films where he plays multiple characters, this is a must see!

Shemp 10-02-06 03:34 PM

Why are they promoting this movie now for a February release date? Isn't February when they dump the not-so-great movies?

Also, did they CGI the character of Norbit? He looks way too thin to be Eddie Murphy circa 2006. Is it done a la 'Little Man'?

Giantrobo 10-18-06 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
"Are you wearing bottoms?"

rotfl

rotfl

I just saw this trailer.

Giantrobo 10-18-06 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by neatMCsammer
When are comedians going to realize that playing multiple roles in heavy make-up just isn't amusing?

Never.

Eddie's best work is in playing multiple over the top characters. Going all the way back to "Coming to America" Eddie has been stealing the show with them. The "Multiple characters" were the best part of the "Nutty Professor" movies.

CinemaNut 10-18-06 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
That looks freakin hilarious and if you love Eddie Murphy films where he plays multiple characters, this is a must see!

I agree. The trailer I seen at the show had me laughing out loud! I have seen trailers for Big Mommas House, seen BMH and the sequel (which I turned off 20 minutes into it - never laughed at all. I'll be there for Norbit!

TheGodfather 10-19-06 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Never.

Eddie's best work is in playing multiple over the top characters. Going all the way back to "Coming to America" Eddie has been stealing the show with them. The "Multiple characters" were the best part of the "Nutty Professor" movies.

:thumbsup:

I thought it looked funny.

Sabrett 10-19-06 12:05 PM

They played this trailer when I went to see TCM: The Beginning and the whole theater was laughing out loud at some of those scenes.

Duder 10-19-06 09:12 PM

I think it looks painfully unfunny, but I didn't recognize Murphy in any of his roles until I saw his name, so I have to give MAJOR props to the makeup people. (I watched this trailer before seeing this thread, so I didn't know it was an Eddie Murphy movie.) I'd like to see Eddie Murphy do one of his disguised roles in a non-shitty movie one of these days, even as just as supporting character.

Giantrobo 10-30-06 02:35 PM

If you're in So Cal 11/1/06

http://www.movietickets.com/pdf/30455.pdf

matome 10-30-06 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Never.

:up: I'll definitely be seeing this.

Peep 11-01-06 03:13 PM

Crap like this is what's killing the movie industry these days.