DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Uwe Boll Beats Up Critic In Boxing Match (with Vid!) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/477145-uwe-boll-beats-up-critic-boxing-match-vid.html)

Harry Lime 09-09-06 01:20 AM

Uwe Boll Beats Up Critic In Boxing Match (with Vid!)

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/boxing/...tch-198932.php

Still doesn't make him a good director. Nothing can!

Slayer2005 09-09-06 01:49 AM

I would've wrecked that clown who had no business in the ring. He would've been gone in 15 seconds unless I carried him.

Harry Lime 09-09-06 01:56 AM

All that I need is to watch one of his movies before the fight, thats would piss me off enough to murder him in the ring and be praised by moviegoers everywhere.

matrixrok9 09-09-06 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Harry Lime
All that I need is to watch one of his movies before the fight, thats would piss me off enough to murder him in the ring and be praised by moviegoers everywhere.

I think that's what the critic did, look what happened to him. He might be a crappy director but he sure can box.

Ketamine 09-09-06 09:22 AM

That just pisses me off that dumbshit critic would even get in the ring with him. He obviously does not exercise and likely has never even taken or given a punch before. WTF was he thinking? In fact, I am glad that his stupid ass did get pounded for getting in the ring after seeing this video.

Maxflier 09-09-06 09:28 AM

What a joke. That critic had no business being in the ring with him even if he wasn't a a decent boxer, she couldn't even throw a punch, not to mention the parts where she was either tripping over herself or cowering in the corner with her back turned to him.

Supermallet 09-10-06 01:27 AM

The moral of the story here is: If you're going to box Uwe Boll, bring a gun.

Jackskeleton 09-10-06 02:03 AM

It looks like two retards dancing drunk in a ring. The sad thing is that even though Uwe trained as a boxer, much like his career as a director, he looked like he doesn't know how to do shit about it.

Oddly enough, one of his next contenders is the creator of Something Awful.

matrixrok9 09-10-06 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
even though Uwe trained as a boxer, much like his career as a director, he looked like he doesn't know how to do shit about it.

I have to disagree. He was controlling his punches and held back. His form looked good and he could've thrown hard combos if he wanted to. He was just toying with the critic. Maybe he's saving his aggression for his most hated critic.

UAIOE 09-10-06 01:39 PM

Someone is going to have to tell the "Something Awful" person to wear a shirt saying "I am to boxing what Uwe is to directing" and then proceed to get beat up.

As for the video.

Worst thing to have the name "Uwe Boll" attached to it since, well, since his last movie.

Jackskeleton 09-10-06 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
I have to disagree. He was controlling his punches and held back. His form looked good and he could've thrown hard combos if he wanted to. He was just toying with the critic. Maybe he's saving his aggression for his most hated critic.

You put an AMC Gremlin up against a tricycle in a race and the Gremlin will look beyond better than the tricycle. Doesn't mean that the Gremlin isn't a piece of shit.

PopcornTreeCt 09-10-06 03:02 PM

You put an AMC Gremlin up against a tricycle in a race and the Gremlin will look beyond better than the tricycle. Doesn't mean that the Gremlin isn't a piece of shit.

Worst. Analogy. Ever.

majorjoe23 09-10-06 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
she couldn't even throw a punch, not to mention the parts where she was either tripping over herself or cowering in the corner with her back turned to him.

Wait, to prove he's a great director he beat up a girl? If I poison some kittens will I win a Pulitzer?

Fincher Fan 09-10-06 04:25 PM

I now recognise Uwe Boll as the greatest director in history. All it took was some blurry footage of him beating up some internet nerd for me to realise his talents. His deft camera work and insightful character studies now seem so much more obvious to me. Hail Boll!

Maxflier 09-10-06 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Wait, to prove he's a great director he beat up a girl? If I poison some kittens will I win a Pulitzer?

It was a dude, but if you didn't know it you would think it was a girl.

GoldenJCJ 09-10-06 05:57 PM

Boll better watch his ass. It's only a matter of time before this guy agrees to fight a critic who could actually kick his ass.

Standing up in public claiming to kick anyone's ass is only going to bring out a mean mofo who begs to differ!

whoopdido 09-10-06 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Boll better watch his ass. It's only a matter of time before this guy agrees to fight a critic who could actually kick his ass.

Standing up in public claiming to kick anyone's ass is only going to bring out a mean mofo who begs to differ!

No matter how tough you are there is always somebody tougher. People that go around picking fights need to learn this fact.

majorjoe23 09-10-06 10:34 PM

I remember hearing about Axl Rose challenging some critic to a fight, then retracting the challenge when he found out the critic was a black belt.

Supermallet 09-10-06 10:39 PM

Man, I wish the critic would have fought him. Axl Rose really needs an ass kicking, maybe even more than Uwe Boll.

Jackskeleton 09-10-06 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ

the process of him picking who he would fight was that he asked participants to e-mail a picture of themselves to him..

SO yeah, while he is an awful director, he's not dumb enough to pick someone who looks like they have some chance of kicking his ass left and right.

GoldenJCJ 09-10-06 10:55 PM

the process of him picking who he would fight was that he asked participants to e-mail a picture of themselves to him..

SO yeah, while he is an awful director, he's not dumb enough to pick someone who looks like they have some chance of kicking his ass left and right.

Yeah, as I was typing that, that thought did cross my mind.

Supermallet 09-10-06 11:07 PM

Of course, one of these guys could have a black belt and not look like a weight lifter.

Harry Lime 09-11-06 01:03 AM

Just send in a picture of this guy.....

http://www.derrickwilliams.com/nerd.jpeg

while you look like this guy....

http://www.bigscottklein.com/images/scott2.gif

and make sure Uwe Boll ends up looking like this guy....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...BODY_CAST1.jpg

Supermallet 09-11-06 01:25 AM

:lol:

matrixrok9 09-11-06 02:08 AM

I don't know what his record is in boxing, but I can guarantee you he can hang with amateur boxers. It might not look much, but with the movement and stance he was using, that takes a lot of dedication and practice.

And if it's only a boxing match, I'm pretty sure he can knock out black belts in the ring. Rules and style make the fight.