Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Beerfest

Old 07-15-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beerfest

What do you guys think?

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOp9K2aziSE"></param><embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOp9K2aziSE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>..>
Old 07-15-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Makes me thirsty
Old 07-15-06, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Looks like it has less laughs than Club Dread.
Old 07-15-06, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They should stick with Super Troopers.
Old 07-15-06, 09:24 AM

Looks Funny! And I watched it with music on the compooter, so I heard not a word of what they said. Fuckers!
Old 07-15-06, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The trailer for it is absoulte shit. But for someone who has liked 75% of Broken Lizard's previous outings, I'm anticipating this release. 3 out of 4 ain't bad, right?

Super Troopers and Club Dread are comedy classics in my eyes, Dukes of Hazaard had it's moments, but Puddle Cruiser sucked.
Old 07-15-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Looks like it has less laughs than Club Dread.
Yup. Too bad considering the genius of SuperTroopers. I'll probably rent it sometime down the road.
Old 07-15-06, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Saw it in a test screening a couple weeks back. After loving super troopers and hating club dread. I can say his is on the side of Super Troopers.

It is insanely funny and the story makes a good amount of sense and is a joy to watch.
Old 07-15-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow if been waiting for another broken lizard movie for a while. Though it dosent look it will be as good as super troopers, it looks good enough to watch. *note* the super troopers trailer looked so stupid to me that i refused to watch it for a while. Then ended up seeing it at a friends and now its on my my favorite comedys of all time.
Old 07-15-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You wont be disappointed. I really didn't liek club dread and enjoyed suprtrooper. This one had enough down to earth comedy mixed in with the super trooper style and this will be a very big "cult" film among drinkers and college parties.
Old 07-15-06, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I've enjoyed all of Broken Lizard's flicks so far. Been looking forward to this one since I first heard about it.
Old 07-15-06, 11:26 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I've enjoyed all of Broken Lizard's flicks so far. Been looking forward to this one since I first heard about it.
Same here. This looks hilarious.
Old 07-16-06, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
Sure, I'll check it out. I like beer.
Old 07-17-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The scene near the end of the trailer where he's all suave, saying "we should get you out of those wet clothes and into a dry martini," then cuts to show that the suave bit was all in his drunken head, and she's actually seeing some bumbling drunk saying, "eds raallphd marteeni?"

Genius.

-JP
Old 07-17-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh man, that scene starts off amazing and only gets better from there.

His character this time around is really one of the funniest in the films. After seeing Super troopers again, I liked Beerfest more than ST.
Old 07-17-06, 08:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Oh man, that scene starts off amazing and only gets better from there.

His character this time around is really one of the funniest in the films. After seeing Super troopers again, I liked Beerfest more than ST.
WOW. That is quite the ringing endorsement. Really really looking forward to this now.
Old 07-21-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Saw the trailer for this before Clerks II tonight and thought it looked quite funny. I didn't really care for Super Troopers the first time I saw it, but it turned out to be one of those films where it grew on me after repeated viewings on cable. Hopefully, I'll like this one from the get-go.

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
The scene near the end of the trailer where he's all suave, saying "we should get you out of those wet clothes and into a dry martini," then cuts to show that the suave bit was all in his drunken head, and she's actually seeing some bumbling drunk saying, "eds raallphd marteeni?"
That part had me rolling. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

Official site: http://beerfestmovie.warnerbros.com/
Old 08-25-06, 03:59 PM

I saw it today and thought it was great. I laughed my ass off. The theater was 1/2 full and everyone was having a good time. This was a complete improvement from Club Dread. Dare I say, it was better than Super Troopers ? Maybe. Good "R" rated fun. Tits, cursing, beer, laughs. What's not to like ?
Old 08-25-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
.Tits, cursing, beer, laughs. What's not to like ?
SOLD! Maybe I'll break my vow never to see a movie in the theater again.
Old 08-25-06, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth

Do it. I double-dog dare you.
Old 08-25-06, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Just meow yourself down to the theatre and see it.
Old 08-25-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Funny movie
Get a few beers in you before you go and be prepared to laugh, heck it worked for me
Old 08-26-06, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts
Didn't realize this was already out. I need to stop drinking so much.
Old 08-26-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 148 Likes on 103 Posts
A buddy and I saw this movie yesterday afternoon. Including us there was a total of 6 people in the whole theater.

WARNING!!! DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE WITHOUT BEING EITHER A) DRUNK or B)HIGH!

The laughs are quite sparse and both of us left the theater mildly disappointed (and we were both stoned). There are several gags that are funny and some lines that are great but overall the movie is pretty bland. The main characters (except the male prostitute) are all flat and unfunny (the Jewish character being the least funny of the bunch). The secondary German characters are dull and fail to produce laughs either.

I like Super Troopers and actually love Club Dread (guess I was one of the few) but this film is by far weaker than both of those.

I kept reading where the movie was offensive but it seemed pretty tame to me. There are some quick shots of boobies, a man's naked ass and lots of beer drinking with some occasional weed use with some random scattered jokes. If this excites you, rush to the theater. I personally would wait for the dvd if you have an interest. At least you could get shit-faced while watching it.

My stoned rating: C
If I had been sober: probably in the Ds

Favorite line:
Spoiler:
"He once farted an entire plum." - referring to Landfill

Favorite joke:
Spoiler:
The asshole totally drunk thinking he is looking great, dancing awesome, is the life of the party, and fucking a beautiful women...only to realize (and you get to see) the reality of his beer goggles

Worst (unfunny) joke:
Spoiler:
The frog being jerked off. It was kinda funny at first but the skit goes on way too long and then gets revisited a 2nd time. Was this a Saturday Night Live tribute?

Worst line:
Spoiler:
There are too many to name. So many fell flat that it is hard to separate one from the bunch.
Old 08-26-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as Super Troopers. The laughs here felt more subtle, with a lot of lines that can pass by without realizing the innuendo if you're not paying attention. Of course, part of the charm of Broken Lizard's movies comes from the delivery of some of their jokes, which i think would make a second viewing more entertaining.

I'd give it a B, although i'd enjoy it more drunk with a bunch of friends.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.